Ridemalibu Motorcycle Rentals & Tours – Los Angeles CA
  1. Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. In SoCal? See the Service tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work. NEW REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - AND PLEASE DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: Most questions you may have are well answered on the Forum. As a common courtesy, check back if you are posting elsewhere on the web. There is zero tolerance on personal attacks and off-site links to other Forums or competing products. Note there's decades of Guzzi hands-on experienced help on this site, all whom give endless amounts of their time for free - be courteous. Also be sure to click on the Store link also above for our 600+ product inventory, including many of our 100% Made-in-house-USA GTM products and engine kits. We are still mostly a one man operation (not Amazon), so thanks in advance for your patience on orders. We do our best to get things out as quickly as possible, and we also aren't in control of things like customs & weather delays, etc. PLEASE refrain from emailing about your order Status, as you will get an email with tracking info when your order goes out; Email inquiries on orders slows everything down. Orders are currently being shipped once or twice a week. You can always sign into the online Store system to check the status. Please refrain if at all possible about emailing for an update; If you must ask for order info, please reply on the actual order email. You will get shipping info when it goes out via our online Store system (check your Spam folder), and if you want to cancel your order, please notify us direct email (do not post or use the Forum) and allow 7-10 business days for a reply BEFORE disputing the charge. We don't want your money if we can't deliver. Special order items are subject to a 15-20% cancellation fee. We cannot answer questions direct unless it’s about something on the Store or that you have purchased from us. We do NOT have a phone number - We are online only - Do not email and tell us to call you. You will find us highly responsive via email on the Contact page with any questions on our products (only). We appreciate the consideration, understanding and your business... past and future. Also be sure to see our GTMotoCycles.com custom BUILDS tab above.

Cal1400 REGISTRY & Pics thread - ADD YOUR BIKE

Discussion in 'Cal 1400 8V' started by GT-Rx®, Jul 22, 2013.

1. John L

John L Cruisin' Guzzisti GT Famiglia

John Long
    Eldorado, ZGULVB005FM200218, Purchased 11/15,
    Added touring accessories, screen, engine bars, passenger footboards, rack, still waiting on delivery of MG top box and all black gel seat. Black and white seat in picture is borrowed from a friend who replaced it with gel seat on his California and top box is a Givi borrowed from my FJ1200 Yamaha until the Moto Guzzi one arrives. Panniers are Hepco Becker. First picture is the day I picked it up from the shop, Garage Motorcycles, Strathalbyn, South Australia.

Attached Files:

Rosscoe674, GT-Rx® and Attackpug like this.
  2. bounty320i

bounty320i Tuned and Synch'ed

:):) Here I am checking in my new Audace ZGULC0001FM200162 from Dubai. Very happy so far. The truck isn't mine :D

Attached Files:

basam.hadai, John L and GT-Rx® like this.
  3. Clayton Sietsema

Clayton Sietsema Cruisin' Guzzisti

Good, it's a Ford. Bike looks awesome!

bounty320i likes this.
  4. Ed Smith

Ed Smith Just got it firing!

2015 California Touring
    VIN ZGULVC004FM200197
    purchased Jan. 5, 2016
    Seacoast Sport Cycle Derry, New Hampshire
    IMG_0578.JPG

5. Smash Zilla

Smash Zilla Just got it firing!

6. lvgs

lvgs Just got it firing!

2015 Custom. Added Hepco Becker C-Bow bags, OEM MG crash bars, cylinder head protection and Touring gel seat. Touring handle bars or risers, windshield and heated grips next. IMG_0001.JPG

John L likes this.
  7. roadventure

roadventure High Miler GT Famiglia

Are the saddlebags leather? Have you been in the rain with them yet?

I have the riser spacers sourced from Todd, here at GuzziTech. I had tried the Touring bars on my Custom, but found that the hoses got to tight for my liking. Some here have installed the Touring bars and are very happy with them though. The risers were a ten minute install with no rearranging of hoses or cables. After installing the riser spacers though, I saw that the throttle cables were getting strained at a full left lock. So, I am going to re-route them over the triple-tree.

When you get the windshield, buy the lower air deflectors too. They help keep the air from coming up under the tank, causing turbulence.

8. lvgs

lvgs Just got it firing!

Hi Dave,

The saddlebags are leather (see: http://www.motomachines.com/Nevada-leather-bag-set--28-liter-for-C-Bow-only_p_1296.html). I haven't ridden with them in the rain as yet and planned to buy the separate rain cover for them just in case. They are extremely well made; the leather is quite thick and supported with an inner hard molded plastic liner. I don't see them listed in Todd's store, but am sure he would be able to source them quite easily.

Thanks for the tips on handlebars. I bought Todd's risers and will give them a try. However, I recently sat on an Eldorado and found the OEM touring bars very comfortable.

I was unaware of the need for lower air deflectors and will definitely look into them. Thanks again.

9. roadventure

I too found the Touring bars to be comfortable during my demo ride on the Touring model. However, after owning my Custom for a while found that I preferred the bend and angle of my wrists on the OEM Custom handlebars. They just needed to be a bit closer to me which the riser spacers did for me. And, that's what it will come down to for you, you're personal "happy place" that will allow you to stay on your bike for as long as you like.

10. John L

John L Cruisin' Guzzisti GT Famiglia

Hi Dave, have added Hepco Becker bags to my Eldo, pics at the top of this page. Just got home from a 5000km tour of Tasmania rode a couple of days in rain and it sat outside a motel in a torrential downpour overnight and they remained watertight. They are much thicker leather than a lot of OEM of after market bags.

11. Nu2Guzzi

Nu2Guzzi Just got it firing!

Hi all, I just placed an order on a 2016 Custom. I test drove a left over 2014 last weekend and love the way this bike feels and looks. The dealer is telling me that they should have the bike ready for pick up in around ten days. I'm stoked.

One thing of note is that I asked the sales person if there were any differences at all between the 2016 and 2014 and he told me that the new bikes are coming with different mapping for the 3 driving modes, and that the old stock will receive this update as well. any ideas what they are changing???

12. Clayton Sietsema

Clayton Sietsema Cruisin' Guzzisti

It was my understanding that the only differences between the '16s and the previous two years was new color options. I know my '14 touring has the 3 maps. You probably could have gotten that '14 for a steal. Congrats on the Cali, you will love it and this forum.

13. Nu2Guzzi

Nu2Guzzi Just got it firing!

This dealer was not moving, still way over blue book. Another nearby was only $200 less. New made far more sense- and I'm going to get the color I want.

14. GT-Rx®

GT-Rx® Administrator Staff Member GT di Razza Pura

Yes, quite simple. They revised the timing and power to the rear wheel via traction control for each mode. It has nothing to do with fueling, which (legally has to) remain the same for all three.
    Congrats in advance and welcome to the GT and Guzzi Famiglia.

15. CC Rider

CC Rider Just got it firing!

Rode my new 1400 Tour two weeks ago

VIN # ZGULVC000FM200150

Rode it home 60km from Guelph, Ontario for my first ride. Since it was raining part of the way I was able to use the Pioggia and Tourismo mapping. I am looking forward to,a great riding season.

Attached Files:

Gary John and GT-Rx® like this.
  16. roadventure

Congrats on the new bike! Since you got to ride in the rain, did you notice that your saddlebags let water in?

17. CC Rider

In a way I was glad it was raining, hard in some parts, on my way home so I could check for any leakage. There was no leakage, but I can see where it would leak. Since the boxes are made of plastic it appears the lids are too light to keep a driving rain out. This may be easily rectified with some weather stripping.

18. Zazu

Zazu Tuned and Synch'ed

Nice bike. I remember seeing yours at Two Wheel Cycle. I'm waiting to pickup one of their 2014 Customs. What kind of wheel chock are you using in this photo?

19. CC Rider

Zazu the wheel chock is from Royal Distributing about 4 years ago. I wasn't overlly impressed with Two Wheeled Motorsport. I can give you the details in a PM if you want.

20. Zazu

Zazu Tuned and Synch'ed

Excellent, I see the chock available online at Royal. I'll pop in and check it out next visit to Whitby.