• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Cal1400 REGISTRY & Pics thread - ADD YOUR BIKE

John Long
Eldorado, ZGULVB005FM200218, Purchased 11/15,
Added touring accessories, screen, engine bars, passenger footboards, rack, still waiting on delivery of MG top box and all black gel seat. Black and white seat in picture is borrowed from a friend who replaced it with gel seat on his California and top box is a Givi borrowed from my FJ1200 Yamaha until the Moto Guzzi one arrives. Panniers are Hepco Becker. First picture is the day I picked it up from the shop, Garage Motorcycles, Strathalbyn, South Australia.

Attachments

• P1060926.JPG
    P1060926.JPG
    152.5 KB · Views: 154
  • IMG_0052.JPG
    IMG_0052.JPG
    142.7 KB · Views: 157
2015 Custom. Added Hepco Becker C-Bow bags, OEM MG crash bars, cylinder head protection and Touring gel seat. Touring handle bars or risers, windshield and heated grips next. IMG 0001

2015 Custom. Added Hepco Becker C-Bow bags, OEM MG crash bars, cylinder head protection and Touring gel seat. Touring handle bars or risers, windshield and heated grips next.

Are the saddlebags leather? Have you been in the rain with them yet?

I have the riser spacers sourced from Todd, here at GuzziTech. I had tried the Touring bars on my Custom, but found that the hoses got to tight for my liking. Some here have installed the Touring bars and are very happy with them though. The risers were a ten minute install with no rearranging of hoses or cables. After installing the riser spacers though, I saw that the throttle cables were getting strained at a full left lock. So, I am going to re-route them over the triple-tree.

When you get the windshield, buy the lower air deflectors too. They help keep the air from coming up under the tank, causing turbulence.

Hi Dave,

The saddlebags are leather (see: http://www.motomachines.com/Nevada-leather-bag-set--28-liter-for-C-Bow-only_p_1296.html). I haven't ridden with them in the rain as yet and planned to buy the separate rain cover for them just in case. They are extremely well made; the leather is quite thick and supported with an inner hard molded plastic liner. I don't see them listed in Todd's store, but am sure he would be able to source them quite easily.

Thanks for the tips on handlebars. I bought Todd's risers and will give them a try. However, I recently sat on an Eldorado and found the OEM touring bars very comfortable.

I was unaware of the need for lower air deflectors and will definitely look into them. Thanks again.

Hi Dave,
I recently sat on an Eldorado and found the OEM touring bars very comfortable.

I too found the Touring bars to be comfortable during my demo ride on the Touring model. However, after owning my Custom for a while found that I preferred the bend and angle of my wrists on the OEM Custom handlebars. They just needed to be a bit closer to me which the riser spacers did for me. And, that's what it will come down to for you, you're personal "happy place" that will allow you to stay on your bike for as long as you like.

Are the saddlebags leather? Have you been in the rain with them yet?

Hi Dave, have added Hepco Becker bags to my Eldo, pics at the top of this page. Just got home from a 5000km tour of Tasmania rode a couple of days in rain and it sat outside a motel in a torrential downpour overnight and they remained watertight. They are much thicker leather than a lot of OEM of after market bags.

Hi all, I just placed an order on a 2016 Custom. I test drove a left over 2014 last weekend and love the way this bike feels and looks. The dealer is telling me that they should have the bike ready for pick up in around ten days. I'm stoked.

One thing of note is that I asked the sales person if there were any differences at all between the 2016 and 2014 and he told me that the new bikes are coming with different mapping for the 3 driving modes, and that the old stock will receive this update as well. any ideas what they are changing???

It was my understanding that the only differences between the '16s and the previous two years was new color options. I know my '14 touring has the 3 maps. You probably could have gotten that '14 for a steal. Congrats on the Cali, you will love it and this forum.

This dealer was not moving, still way over blue book. Another nearby was only $200 less. New made far more sense- and I'm going to get the color I want.

I asked the sales person if there were any differences at all between the 2016 and 2014 and he told me that the new bikes are coming with different mapping for the 3 driving modes, and that the old stock will receive this update as well. any ideas what they are changing???
Yes, quite simple. They revised the timing and power to the rear wheel via traction control for each mode. It has nothing to do with fueling, which (legally has to) remain the same for all three.
Congrats in advance and welcome to the GT and Guzzi Famiglia.

Rode my new 1400 Tour two weeks ago

VIN # ZGULVC000FM200150

Rode it home 60km from Guelph, Ontario for my first ride. Since it was raining part of the way I was able to use the Pioggia and Tourismo mapping. I am looking forward to,a great riding season.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    214.1 KB · Views: 69
In a way I was glad it was raining, hard in some parts, on my way home so I could check for any leakage. There was no leakage, but I can see where it would leak. Since the boxes are made of plastic it appears the lids are too light to keep a driving rain out. This may be easily rectified with some weather stripping.

Rode my new 1400 Tour two weeks ago

VIN # ZGULVC000FM200150

Rode it home 60km from Guelph, Ontario for my first ride. Since it was raining part of the way I was able to use the Pioggia and Tourismo mapping. I am looking forward to,a great riding season.
Nice bike. I remember seeing yours at Two Wheel Cycle. I'm waiting to pickup one of their 2014 Customs. What kind of wheel chock are you using in this photo?

Zazu the wheel chock is from Royal Distributing about 4 years ago. I wasn't overlly impressed with Two Wheeled Motorsport. I can give you the details in a PM if you want.

Zazu the wheel chock is from Royal Distributing about 4 years ago. I wasn't overlly impressed with Two Wheeled Motorsport. I can give you the details in a PM if you want.
Excellent, I see the chock available online at Royal. I'll pop in and check it out next visit to Whitby.

Back