• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Cal1400 REGISTRY & Pics thread - ADD YOUR BIKE

Hello all. Reg here from Calgary Alberta, Canada. Last week I purchased my Second Moto Guzzi California, this one is a 2014 Moto Guzzi California Custom 1400, Vin# ZGULVC011EM111775.
Thanks for posting your info and pic Reg. You mentioned it being your second. Do you still have the first?

Some new pics for 2022!
Added
GTM custom Black pipes and ECU
Matris Front and back Shock upgrades
Avon Cobras

The top case has a deceleration LED module that flashes brighter and faster the more I decelerate.
(My install is described in a diff post in GuzziTech)
I made a custom seat to accommodate my 6'4" frame.
I wish the seat color better matched the bikes black, but I wouldn't want to swap out the non-slip surface.

XB Eldo Rear XB Eldo SideBjSSeat

Last edited:
Some new pics for 2022!
Added
Avon Cobras

The top case has a deceleration LED module that flashes brighter and faster the more I decelerate.
I wish the seat color better matched the bikes black, but I wouldn't want to swap out the non-slip surface.
Nice with the black exhausts. Why not cover the passenger saddle in the same material as the rider saddle, would give a more 'uniform' look and not look as odd. Possibly re-shape at the same time?

Some new pics for 2022!
Added
Avon Cobras

View attachment 25615View attachment 25616
Finally a picture of an Eldorado with a GTM full exhaust! It baffles me there are no quality photos of bike in the "final" state on the GTM store site. I'm looking to drop over $3k on a full exhaust and fueling hardware and there are no quality photos. How do you like the setup. You wen all in with the exhaust and suspension. I would like to know more.

Finally a picture of an Eldorado with a GTM full exhaust! It baffles me there are no quality photos of bike in the "final" state on the GTM store site. I'm looking to drop over $3k on a full exhaust and fueling hardware and there are no quality photos.
Let me help clarify. The exhausts are in large hand-built, and we don't fit every system we sell in the shop. In fact, most are shipped.
There's plenty of photos both on the Store and on this Forum. You can also read the Reviews on the online Store as well as here. Hope that helps. TIA for the business, as I don't think there are any other manufacturers on the planet that offer a full system with a lifetime warranty and proven/significant dyno results. ;)
I'll use the above image for one of the rare few selections on the Store that does not have a full side image. The pic above isn't high-res, so @Brian Stoller - if you could email me some of those above at full res please; Info @GuzziTech.com

This post will be moved to the C14 EXHAUST thread.

Haven't posted in awhile. I sold my mgx21 several months ago. I loved alot of things about it. Especially the looks and engine, but a couple of things that where pretty big reasons why I bought it where huge dissapointments. It was my first bagger, my first bike with a radio, and as I had posted on here about it, the speakers or maybe the (lack of) a amp made the sound system useless. Was told by my local (no longer) guzzi dealer that unfortunately that was normal on them. I didn't want loud sound to annoy everybody else, just something to have at a reasonable volume that I can listen to when I want to just cruze easy with a half helmet on the back roads and bar hopping runs. The other thing was the lack of wind protection. I'm 6'1, and with a half helmet on the wind coming over the front fairing beat the heck out of my face and neck. Wasnt so bad with a full face helmet, but I have other bikes I ride my full face with and the mgx was intended for easy afternoon cruises.
Both these things I could've resolved I'm sure. I know guzzi made a wind screen extender but I didn't care for how it looked on the bike so I never bothered trying it.
I took a test ride on the new honda goldwing standard (bagger) dct, and it was the nail In the coffin for the mgx. Never thought I'd be on a goldwing but the latest generation has alot more sporty looks and a little slimmed down from the previous generation, and I like the gray/black paint on the 21 models.
Does the goldwing look as good as the mgx21? Absolutely not, imo. But unfortunately, for me, it blows it away in every other category, and it's a dct, which I really enjoy.
I had been interested in a eldorado in a few of my last post here, and have been looking for a decent deal on one ever since. 2 weeks ago I bought a 2016 eldorado with 670 miles on it from the guzzi dealer in PA. It was completely stock except for the addition of 2 guzzi accessories, the wind shield(which I've removed), and the leather saddlebags(which was a huge selling point for me as I really like the looks of the guzzi bags.
Due to weather I've only been able to ride it twice so far, put 60 miles on it, and I absolutely love it!
I checked to see if the alternator service bulletin was done and it hadn't, so I took care of that.
I have a radiator guard coming for it.
I would like a bit more sound from the exhaust but I don't see any aftermarket slip ons I like. I really like how the stock pipes match the tail light. I did some searching here on the forum and most likely will see if Todd still offers his cut/remove baffle/reweld service. Will also want to do his fueling/tuning service maybe this fall. I'd like to get the passenger backrest offered on this site but the price is way out of my budget for now, and I do want to keep the eldorado seat.
One thing that really aggravates me is all the yellow and blue paint on alot of the bolts and paint on this thing. It would be one thing if it came off easy with a finger nail or a light cleaner, but it seems they must've used a actual paint marker. I don't want to scratch or remove the finish to get it off. Anyone have any suggestions?

Sorry about the long post lol, but thanks for reading. I look forward to getting back to posting here now that I'm back on a guzzi. I'll attach a picture.

View attachment 24420
Nice find! I too recently purchased an Eldorado and really like it. I reached out to GuzziTech and yes, they do the stock exhaust mods still. The process is you send them your mufflers, they re-work them and send them back. It's riding season so I haven't done it.

Finally a picture of an Eldorado with a GTM full exhaust! It baffles me there are no quality photos of bike in the "final" state on the GTM store site. I'm looking to drop over $3k on a full exhaust and fueling hardware and there are no quality photos. How do you like the setup. You wen all in with the exhaust and suspension. I would like to know more.
I’ve not been riding much..waiting for the weather to get to a more comfortable temp.The weather here hasn’t dropped below 90 in months
I wear protective gear and the discomfort ridding in +90 degree temps outweighs the fun..

I did drive it back from the shop and once again for a 20 min ride .. it was throatier, a lot more responsive and the shocks are a 1000% improvement. I changed out the back shocks eight months earlier and I was really surprised what a Improvement that made
Once I get some miles under the new improved “Mothra” I will let you know

User: @Tonyblaze
DOP: July 20, 2020
VIN: ZGULCUB14JM000012
Model: 2018 Moto Guzzi Eldorado
Purchased from: MotoPlex Westchester, PA

Surprised after I noticed your serial number , my 2018 Eldorado serial number ends in an 8 !
And I bought it only 4 months before you :) . How many miles have you racked up ? Peter

Surprised after I noticed your serial number , my 2018 Eldorado serial number ends in an 8 !
And I bought it only 4 months before you :) . How many miles have you racked up ? Peter
Hi Peter,
Just over 5,000 I'm a bit ashamed to say. I just don't have time to ride with job and family. I had my longest ride this past week of 482 miles round trip. Rode like a dream. I gotta get out more. Eldorado

Moto-Uno / Tonyblaze
I, also, purchased from Motoplex West Chester roughly one month before Tonyblaze. Serial number ends in 16 and is Red. I have @13.5k miles.

Do you know if the Audace Carbon can be identified by the serial # or was it simply an option within the Audace model? Curious gow many were produced. It would appear that the highest Audace serial # in the registry here ends with 385 so it would be safe to assume total production may not exceed 400 units....just spitballing here.

Here’s my 2014 California Custom I bought used in San Diego and rode back to Austin.
Congrats and welcome to the GT Forum Scott! Did you buy from GP in SD or private sale? Date of purchase?
I'm sure that was a fun trek back if the temps were good. Hope to see you here often. Be sure to read the paragraphs at the top of the page, and the STORE link above for any mods you're considering. We can also get stock parts if you need them as well, usually at great prices.

Congrats and welcome to the GT Forum Scott! Did you buy from GP in SD or private sale? Date of purchase?
I'm sure that was a fun trek back if the temps were good. Hope to see you here often. Be sure to read the paragraphs at the top of the page, and the STORE link above for any mods you're considering. We can also get stock parts if you need them as well, usually at great prices.
This one was at San Diego BMW Motorcycles. I saw a bunch of listings at GP when I found this one, looks like an awesome shop. The California is my other Moto Guzzi to go along with my V7 Centenario. It’s a sickness for real!

The weather was perfect on the way back. ~70 to the Imperial valley, then mid 90s to Tucson, then dark ~60 in New Mexico last leg at night and first leg in the morning, then ~80 all through west Texas.

Last edited:
Hi again Todd. Do you keep records of VIN numbers that have been modified with your fueling tune? This bike has dB killer installed Agostini’s and a modified air box lid and aftermarket filter, but so far I haven’t found any tuning hardware on it.

Yo! Eldorado here. Rode from DC to KY and traded my 2020 V7III Stone for this beaut. Just by happenstance was able to get my hands on one of Todd's custom backrests (mailed to me from Denmark, which I find to be kinda cool). My passenger isn't crazy about it right now, but she hasn't had too much time in the saddle with me just yet and is getting used to the fear of riding passenger. May slowly move up to the cali touring seat to be able to get a backrest + rear rack and the hope that that seat is better. If I come across a huge chunk of change then yes, of course I would try the Corbin. Just want to be able to get the heated seat, haha.
Buffalo bags, crash bars acquired
Sport Windscreen on order from GTech

GULVC021GM200094 - Washington, DC DOP 10.30.22 @ Gateway Cycles KY

20221101 163039 20221101 1630270

Back