• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Cal1400 REGISTRY & Pics thread - ADD YOUR BIKE

Kdirtrider Bags are Hepco Becker - style Buffalo 30lt, good quality bags
Just added the Hepco-Becker and Givi Products to the online Store >HERE<

Im still working on my own version of the smaller screen to offer to everyone here. I may also bring in a few of Givi's offerings shown >HERE<

Last edited:
My 2014 California 1400 Custom/Touring

VIN: ZGULVC014EM111270
Here are some photos of my 1400 Custom accessorized with everything that comes on a Touring model. I also added several factory accessories: windshield lowers (which completely eliminate buffeting behind the windshield); heated grips (that plug right into the wiring harness); GPS mount; rear luggage rack; 50 liter top case; and, Touring-style gel seat. I dyed the seat black because the black and white gel seat just didn’t look right on my Mercury Gray bike. Finally, I added the latest TomTom Rider GPS (for which the 1400 is prewired) and National Cycle hand guards (what’s the point of heated grips if your hands are in the wind?).

Why not just buy a Touring model? I prefer the Custom’s lower handle bars, remote reservoir shocks and Mercury Gray paint.

My wife loves this bike too! I used to ride solo on my Griso and two-up on my California Vintage. Now we have one bike that makes us both happy.
Image Image Image Image Image

My 2014 California 1400 Custom/Touring
Beauty Joe, congrats... Well done! Thanks for the VIN info. What was your Date of Purchase?
Post often, and welcome to the GT Famiglia.

Hi Todd,

Here is the info for my new Moto Guzzi. I have zero first have experience with Moto Guzzi, Italian motorcycles or any bike that was not engineered in Japan or the U.K. I DO have experience with Italian, Spanish and German engineering from my work as a machine designer however so this move to a Moto Guzzi motorcycle is a risk in my mind. The reality is that Italian, Spanish, German and American engineers and designers seem to screw up on an an equal basis. I am encouraged though, so far, that in the case of the new California, that the Italian engineers might just have made some strides in the right direction.

So, my editorial out of the way, here are the particulars:

California 1400 Custom:

VIN#ZGULVC011EM111257 - David Heverin (Roadventure) - Bel Air, Maryland - D.O.P. 10-27-2014 (private party)

Color: Mercury Grey
Outfit as a touring model (no "driving light" kit)

Attachments

• PB120006.JPG
    PB120006.JPG
    239.3 KB · Views: 173
  • PB120008.JPG
    PB120008.JPG
    252.3 KB · Views: 168
Color: Mercury Grey
Outfit as a touring model (no "driving light" kit)
Roadventure,

Nice bike! I actually think it looks better without driving lights. I put them on mine to better see the deer here in the mountains, but I like the look of yours.

Questions: What does your passenger think of those fancy foot boards? I've never seen them in person. Is your seat reupholstered? I think your black/gray combination goes nicely with mercury gray. And which aftermarket mufflers are those?

You are very lucky to have those windshield lowers. Without them, the buffeting gets pretty bad.

I mounted the passenger floor boards for my wife and she enjoys having more options for different positions of her feet. The price for a set is crazy even though they are very well made.

I have been thinking about getting the driving lights, but may look at some of the LED aftermarket offerings. I have MotoLights on my other bike and like them.

I don't have a passenger. My wife doesn't ride. So, they MAY be for sale soon. Although I am very impressed with the passenger floorboard design. They adjust easily and are a quality piece of work.

The seat is reupholstered. It is grey with an imitation carbon fiber pattern on the sides.

The mufflers are the Mistral Carbon Fiber.

I have the Laminar Lip for the shield also but need to get some ride time in with and without if before I decide if works for me.

I mounted the passenger floor boards for my wife and she enjoys having more options for different positions of her feet. The price for a set is crazy even though they are very well made.

Yes, they are pricey, but considering the quality and functionality I think the price is justified.

I have been thinking about getting the driving lights...
All 1400s are prewired for factory driving lights. Just plug in to the wiring harness. That may be a significant consideration in your factory versus aftermarket deliberation. If you go with the factory light kit, here is something you need to know. The chrome frame of your Touring windshield mounts to the bottom triple tree with a little bracket. The factory light kit bracket takes the place of that bracket. The instructions don't tell you that, and your initial impression will be that the light kit doesn't fit (until you figure out the bracket thing).

All 1400s are prewired for factory driving lights. Just plug in to the wiring harness. That may be a significant consideration in your factory versus aftermarket deliberation. If you go with the factory light kit, here is something you need to know. The chrome frame of your Touring windshield mounts to the bottom triple tree with a little bracket. The factory light kit bracket takes the place of that bracket. The instructions don't tell you that, and your initial impression will be that the light kit doesn't fit (until you figure out the bracket thing).

I did read in the installation instructions for the windshield that there was mention of the lower brace with regard to the light kit. Yeah, I know the California is pre-wired for the driving lights, Tom Tom GPS, etc. A smart move on their part to make it easier to install accessories later and also can encourage owners to buy Moto Guzzi accessories because of ease of installation.

An interesting thing to look into might be what LED lights could be installed in the Moto Guzzi driving light cans.

I think it is nowhere near the quality of the Givi but it matches the bike and worked fine until my handle stopped latching down. Still waiting to hear if Guzzi will warranty it. I actually bought an aftermarket white trunk (Matuzu). Just a little off on the color but I did not like it. I even made a custom mounting plate so it was a clean install. Sold it at $100 loss and bought the Guzzi 50L trunk. If you don't remove it and treat it as non removeable you will consider it a decent quality trunk if your handle does not quit like mine. The latch mechanism that latches it to the rack is really cheap feeling but it stays attached. Fortunately it has been 100% waterproof, unlike the saddlebags. Oh yea. The girlfriend loved the backrest.

CAL14IMG_3684.jpg

If you own a Custom or Tour, please post in this thread (or send me your info direct email) and I'll add you to the database below.

California 1400 Custom:

VIN#ZGULVC017EM111201 - Eric Rummler (Trout) - Gainesville, FL - D.O.P. 12.14.13 @Elk Grove PS
VIN#ZGULVC010EM112013 - Fast1400 - Seacoast SportCycle, NH 8.13 - Pic HERE
VIN#ZGULVC013EM111230 - GT-Rx® - Malibu, CA - D.O.P. 2.12.14 @Munroe Motors SF - Pic above
VIN#ZGULVC01XEM111242 - Marcus H. - NH - D.O.P. 12.28.13 @SeaCoast - Pic below
VIN#ZGULVC018EM111255 - Dave Gale - Marina Del Ray, CA - D.O.P. 5.6.13 @Pro Italia
VIN#ZGULVC011EM111257 - David Heverin (Roadventure) - Bel Air, MD - D.O.P. 10-27-2014 (private party) - Pics HERE
VIN#ZGULVC014EM111270 - Joseph Elkins - Ellijay, GA - D.O.P. 3.13.14 - Pics HERE
VIN#ZGULVC016EM111447 - Alec - Salem, OR
VIN#ZGULVC010EM111458 - Keith Beaumont (Travcoman) - Pensacola, FL - D.O.P. 2.22.14 @BMW Motorcycles of Pensacola - Pic HERE
VIN#ZGULVCO15EM111665 - Joe Meyers - Scramento, CA - D.O.P. 11.13
VIN#ZGULVC012EM111672 - Mike Prentice - Austin, TX - D.O.P. 12.23.13 @AF1 Racing
VIN#ZGULV0021DM111779 - J. Murden - Melbourne, Victoria - D.O.P. 6.14.13 @motoguzzi City

California 1400 Tour:
VIN#ZGULVC009EM111806 - Roy Uwe Rojas Wahl - Teaneck, NJ - D.O.P. 6.5.13 @guzzi Brooklyn
VIN#ZGULVC001EM111606 - Rudy Gallucci (Abbienormal) - Niles, OH - D.O.P. 2.8.14 - O.O. Ruberto Munoz - Lexington, KY - O.D.O.P. 6.8.13
VIN#ZGULVC005EM111608 - Steve Ford - Vancouver, WA - D.O.P 5.7.13 @moto Guzzi Portland, OR - Pic HERE
VIN#ZGULVC006EM111617 - Mike Edmonds - Vancouver BC Canada - D.O.P. ? - Pic HERE
VIN#ZGULVC001EM111900 - Jeff Whitehead - Everett, PA @Freedom Powersports - Pic HERE
VIN#ZGULVC001EM111914 - Joe LeFevre - Austin, TX @AF1 - D.O.P. 6.4.14
VIN#ZGULVC005EM112015 - Frank Wissing Madsen - Washington, DC - D.O.P. 6.12.14 @Europa Macchina, Lewisberry, PA
VIN#ZGULVC009EM112051 - Thomas Gajewski - Tarzana, California - D.O.P. 2.22.14 @Thousand Oaks
VIN#ZGULVC001EM112061 - Dan Coll - North Wales, PA - D.O.P. 4.19.14 @FBF - Pic HERE
VIN#ZGULVC00XEM112169 - Thomas Gajewski - Tarzana, California - D.O.P. 2.22.14 @Thousand Oaks
VIN# ? - Pete Roper, USA bike - D.O.P.?
VIN# ? - SOLD - O.O.: Mike Tibiero - Arlington, VA - D.O.P?
Riding off with my new California on 5-17-13
VIN# ? - Charles Thompson - Cape Town, South Africa - D.O.P.?
VIN# ? - Dave Lemieux - Attleboro, MA - D.O.P.?
VIN#ZGULVC001EM200009 - Burak Ataman - Surrey BC Canada = DOP 2.25.2015 @ Pacific Motorprorts

New Moto Guzzi owner: VIN: ZGULVC015EM112010, 2014 Moto Guzzi California Custom

We had a good weekend - picked up my wife's new Hellcat on Friday and the new bike from Mike at MPH on Saturday.

DSC04390_zpssimfqmk0.jpg

DSC04419_zps7lgwbrjd.jpg

Back