• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Cali 1400 Touring Air Deflectors ... Do they work?

Sleekmachine

Just got it firing!
Hi all -

I'm looking for someone who installed the air deflectors (see pic attached) from Guzzi on his (hers) bike... Do they work? I'm curious to know more about their effectiveness before paying 100+ USD for a pair.

Thanks!

B064235_d2.jpg

I would say yes. In my case (6.1/32" inseam) they have reduced buffeting significantly. To reduce buffeting, I first allowed more air flow on the inside of the wind shield by inserting spacers at the lower mounting points of the wind shield. Worked pretty well but not perfect. I then added the lowers and they changed the flow but it was not really an improvement together with the spacers. I then removed the spacers and kept the lowers, and it works well.
See more on ther subject here https://www.guzzitech.com/forums/threads/touring-windshield-turbulence.12181/

I first added a Laminar Lip, which reduced the head rattling turbulence I experienced significantly, but had the effect of pulling me towards the screen, into a lower pressure area. I added the lowers and this effect disappeared. The combined effect is quite comfortable. I have no experience of the lowers only.

Stephen

Hi all -

I'm looking for someone who installed the air deflectors (see pic attached) from Guzzi on his (hers) bike... Do they work? I'm curious to know more about their effectiveness before paying 100+ USD for a pair.

They absolutely work. Most people don't realize that the buffeting they get with a windshield is caused by air coming up under the windshield. The lowers help to prevent that airflow.

That said, your results may vary. But, I don't think you will be disappointed.

I'm the second owner and the p/o had them installed. He said he had the head buffeting and the lowers completely cured that. With the snow here I haven't ridden in a while, and have yet to be on the open highway to see how I feel, but I think I'll be pleased.

I have to admit that I'd be one of those guys that didn't realize to solve the buffeting issue I'd have to address the air flow that was coming UP from UNDER the windshield.

I have to admit that I'd be one of those guys that didn't realize to solve the buffeting issue I'd have to address the air flow that was coming UP from UNDER the windshield.

I have to admit that I always thought it was the opposite. That is, it is the lack of air behind the windshield that produces a vortex that can be minimised by encouraging air to come up from below the windshield. Tilting the windshield back allowing air to flow under actually improves the situation.

Personally, I think all windshields are evil, and the MG flyscreen is the largest screen I ever want to use.

They certainly do work. Big difference is they block out the airflow onto the chest area during cold weather riding but also should be off for hot weather riding. I made my own set, as I was reluctant to pay $250.00 (au dollars) for some thing that may not work. They do stop the head buffeting.
P1020466

They certainly do work. Big difference is they block out the airflow onto the chest area during cold weather riding but also should be off for hot weather riding. I made my own set, as I was reluctant to pay $250.00 (au dollars) for some thing that may not work. They do stop the head buffeting.
View attachment 9816

Total agreement, they do make a significant difference in the head buffeting.
I also noticed in your photo that the brackets for your deflectors appear to be chrome. Mine are painted black. Was that an option that I overlooked when I ordered mine?

Thanks,

Dave

I just installed these and they solved the buffeting problem (which was really bad) by 80%. Big win for $120...........

Also send a nice stream of air around the chest and shoulders from underneath, a welcome relief in the summer. very high value upgrade.

Have just fitted the Guzzi screen lowers.
They have made a big difference.
I am 5' 9" with inside leg of 31"

Initially I fitted the lower deflectors and found a significant improvement. I have since fitted a Laminar Lip, parallel with the top of the Touring screen and would say for me (5' 10" and inside leg 31") the buffeting has all but been eliminated although there has been an increase in wind noise since fitting the Laminar Lip.

Initially I fitted the lower deflectors and found a significant improvement. I have since fitted a Laminar Lip, parallel with the top of the Touring screen and would say for me (5' 10" and inside leg 31") the buffeting has all but been eliminated although there has been an increase in wind noise since fitting the Laminar Lip.

I put them on recently and am the same size as Robert. They did decrease buffeting, no doubt. I think they are worth the $$ even if they are a little pricey. It is quite noticable at much higher speeds where the buffet was tending to move the handle bars a little back and forth. (105 mph).

Back