• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Caliente-Bodfish and Beyond....

jamileh

Cruisin' Guzzisti
GT Contributor
Yesterday, I went in search of Walker Basin Rd/Caliente Creek RD, which is a loop going east from Caliente-Bodfish, east of Bakersfield. Dodged storm clouds much of the day, and saw really varied scenery on the route there and back: lush green springtime foothills, sanded mountain roads, snow flurries, rain sprinkles (considering what the clouds looked like, I was very lucky), kids sledding (going over Greenhorn Summit on 155), open meadows and plains. only had to do one hour of slab at the end to get home..... Was a great ride all in all.
ran into 3 guys on motos who were about 70 years old at the Twin Oaks General Store on Walker Basin/Caliente Creek, one of whom said he sold Guzzis in the 70s. They were hilarious. One of them was wearing old jeans, an old 70s-style parka like we used to wear in Pgh PA when i was a teenager, and a battered old white helmet. They were on a V-strom, Honda ST 1300, and a Harley. We were all chatting, and then they all just kinda took off mid-sentence....
A few pix:

walkerbasincalientecreek066.jpg

walkerbasincalientecreek100.jpg

walkerbasincalientecreek119.jpg

walkerbasincalientecreek138.jpg

walkerbasincalientecreek166.jpg

walkerbasincalientecreek193.jpg

walkerbasincalientecreek234.jpg

walkerbasincalientecreek261.jpg

walkerbasincalientecreek267.jpg

walkerbasincalientecreek278.jpg

walkerbasincalientecreek315.jpg

walkerbasincalientecreek322.jpg

Shoot, I forgot to downsize, but you get the gist.... A really miserable day.....
Walker Basin/Caliente Creek reminded me a bit of Lockwood Valley in spots. The Caliente Creek portion was like a mini river canyon - really pretty. Not goaty at all, Safety Bob.

Beautiful Jam... thanks for posting. That's it. Ride. Soon.

Very nice as usual, & in keeping with your adventurous spirit. Been on at least some of those roads, though not for a few years. Gotta get back up there in a month or two perhaps.

Nice pics. Last time I was down that way I took 178 from Bakersfield to Lake Isabella and then 155 back towards Delano.
Some sections of 155 are unbelievably fun, super tight and twisty, if you're into that sort of thing.
:)

johnk

thanks Jamileh, after seeing this post, I mapped out a detour for my route to Prescott AZ and took 155 to Lake Isabella; found it snowing at the pass! Then rode down the Caliente-Bodfish road to 58. Great ride, next time I'll be sure to check out Walker Basin Rd. loop. Looks like Back Canyon Rd doesn't continue east on google satellite view. Have you been on that road?

Rafael

Hey Rafael -
just saw your post - sorry about the delay in responding. I don't even know where Back Canyon Rd is??? I've never been on it... Where is it? Do I need to go check it out???? JP, reporting for duty......
Glad you enjoyed 155 and Caliente/Bodfish, etc....
Take care.

Back