• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

California 1400 running rough.

Peter Robinson

Just got it firing!
hi guys, desperate help needed, my California 1400 just started to run rough at 4000 rpm, it feels like timing is out or starving for fuel. I put the bike in for its 20000 Klm service to solve the problem, fuel pressure good, no diagnostic problems on the computer, mechanics saying they can't find the problem. Any ideas???

Had a similar problem when I hadn't plugged one of the injector plugs in fully after installing Todds mods.
Plug cam loose and ran rough.

hi guys, desperate help needed, my California 1400 just started to run rough at 4000 rpm, it feels like timing is out or starving for fuel. I put the bike in for its 20000 Klm service to solve the problem, fuel pressure good, no diagnostic problems on the computer, mechanics saying they can't find the problem. Any ideas???
Check spark plug caps/covers, I replaced plugs at 20000 and had arcing issues from the standard caps, you should be able ti see small white arc marks on the boot, I taped mine up and they have been ok since but will need replacing with NGK ones at some time.

I assume you're referring to the lambda sensor(s). Did you replace one or both? I've disconnected (and removed) my lambdas on my stock Cali 1400 Custom, and IMHO it runs better at lower revs. I have replaced my stock mufflers with Mistrals.

I assume you're referring to the lambda sensor(s). Did you replace one or both? I've disconnected (and removed) my lambdas on my stock Cali 1400 Custom, and IMHO it runs better at lower revs. I have replaced my stock mufflers with Mistrals.
Yes I replaced both sensors, did you have a problem with the computer when you removed your sensors. I have agastini mufflers on mine

I'm looking to replace the oem spark plug caps which also seal the spark plug holes so just wondering when replacing them with the NGK SBO5 caps are there any problems leaving the plug holes unsealed?

I'm looking to replace the oem spark plug caps which also seal the spark plug holes so just wondering when replacing them with the NGK SBO5 caps are there any problems leaving the plug holes unsealed?
No, none. For well over a century ICEngines have run this way, and Guzzi has a drain channel regardless, even if you wanted to try and ride your motorcycle under water. ;)

Back