Ridemalibu Motorcycle Rentals & Tours – Los Angeles CA
  1. Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. In SoCal? See the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have are already answered on the Forum with FACTS, NOT OPINIONS. PLEASE DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back if you are posting elsewhere on the web. Note there's decades of Guzzi hands-on experienced help on this site, all whom give endless amounts of their time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL! There is zero tolerance on personal attacks and off-site links to other Forums or competing products. Also be sure to click on the STORE link also above for our 600+ product inventory, including many of our 100% Made-in-house-USA GTM products and engine kits. We appreciate the consideration, understanding and your business... past and future. And if you haven't seen our MotoCycle (not) art, click on the BUILDS tab above to see our work at our sister business; GT MotoCycles®-- WE ARE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED.

California 1400 seat option

Discussion in 'Cal 1400 8V' started by Robert Gibson, Sep 22, 2019.

1. Robert Gibson

Robert Gibson Cruisin' Guzzisti GT Contributor

D9696DF3-8C4F-49AE-84AD-C6D7116C16A2.jpeg
    Reworked seat by Lolo Pamanes. Also an option to add heated elements. He is based in Cantabria, northern Spain. Considerably cheaper than Corbin. Check his website lolopamanes.es also lots of videos on YouTube.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2019
    ssmith996, Meldrew and Curt Russell like this.
  2. Meldrew

Meldrew Cruisin' Guzzisti GT Contributor

Now that looks a comfy seat.

3. Curt Russell

Curt Russell Tuned and Synch'ed

That does look like a nice seat. Do they use the original seat pan or make a new one?

4. Meldrew

Meldrew Cruisin' Guzzisti GT Contributor

Believe its the original seat pan. He's got some good videos on YouTube showing his work.

Curt Russell likes this.
  5. Robert Gibson

Yup definitely original seat pan, as Meldrew said check out his YouTube videos.
    I have looked at some of his reviews 5*. He tends to put gel and memory foam as standard with the option of additional gel if you wish although it’s not obligatory you have it. Average price approx €300/350.
    If you have any specific questions you want answered ping me and I can call him direct. Unless you speak Spanish. (Don’t know if he speaks English).

Curt Russell likes this.
  6. Curt Russell

Curt Russell Tuned and Synch'ed

No I was just curious. I’m happy enough with my Corbin. The only thing I don’t like about Corbin’s is that they are so heavy because of the thickness and the material used for their seat pans. My Corbin added about ten pounds over the stocker which negated a lot of the weight savings made with Todd’s exhaust system. Ten pounds is not Crucial on a Ca Touring but I like to keep her on a diet.

7. Robert Gibson

1597B14E-0E92-4437-A041-009C45D04AA0.jpeg
    2974593F-C0B7-42C9-95F3-4F3D85E884F8.jpeg
    D1B102BA-47F5-4686-BED9-88AE8A10565A.jpeg

Update. Due to the fact I’m still out of action (I’m broken post), I took this opportunity to have my seat reshaped and covered by a local Tapiceria (upholsterer). The rear portion of the seat was lengthened, widened and raised, and some adjustments were made to the riders portion of the seat.
    I also took the opportunity to have my take on the California logo stitched into the seat.

John L and Meldrew like this.