• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

CALVIN 1st Service

JamesJohnson37

Just got it firing!
Hello all, I have a 2009 California Vintage that is due for it's first service (630 miles) and I have a question. What is the procedure for balancing the throttle bodies? Is there a service manual or write-up somewhere that I can download? I'm not desperate I just thought I would check to see if there was anything out of the ordinary.
Love the bike by the way, thanks for any help.

James

James,

The vintage uses the 15RC ECU. If you don't have VDSTS, Axone, or Navigator don't do it as you need a software connection to electronically reset the TPS. That said, the procedure would be just about teh same as all the newer Guzzis, just look at teh small block section for additional information on the 15RC. You can get VDSTS designed for home use here: https://www.guzzitech.com/store/TR-VDSTS.html

The key is don't touch the left throttle stop screw. Use only the single horizontal screw (7mm hex head) on the left side to get the left right high speed sync, and the air bypass screws for idle speed and sync.

Thanks John, I have the VDSTS software and I was going to attack it as you described. I have a procedure write-up for a Breva 1100 that I was going to follow.

Thanks again,
James

JamesJohnson37 said:
Thanks John, I have the VDSTS software and I was going to attack it as you described. I have a procedure write-up for a Breva 1100 that I was going to follow.

Thanks again,
James

The procedure for the 750 Breva is probably closer. Set one channel on the VDSTS to Alfalin_0 as that is the channel the ECU monitors for throttle position. Also the 15RC TPS value on reset should be 3.1 degrees (as viewed on Alfalin_0 ) as opposed to the 4.6 degrees for the 1100 Breva.

Ok folks, I have another question. I have the correct cable now for a 15RC ecu and I can get connected just fine. I set one channel to read Alfalin_0 and get a reading of 2.4 with the bike not running. When I try to run the TPS reset, it goes though it's process and counts down from 10 then says "ecu not responding" and the value does not change. Where do I go from here?

Thanks,
James

JamesJohnson37 said:
Ok folks, I have another question. I have the correct cable now for a 15RC ecu and I can get connected just fine. I set one channel to read Alfalin_0 and get a reading of 2.4 with the bike not running. When I try to run the TPS reset, it goes though it's process and counts down from 10 then says "ecu not responding" and the value does not change. Where do I go from here?

Thanks,
James

Take it to the dealer. If they cannot reset the TPS with Axone, then it is a faulty ECU. If they can, then there is a VDSTS/cable problem.

Well, I tried the software and cable on a different laptop with a serial port. Same result. I can do everything except reset the TPS. I can test injectors, gauges, fuel pump... just when it comes to TPS it counts down to 0 then says "ecu not responding". The bike runs fine so I'm not sure it's a faulty ECU, but maybe. I will take it to the dealer and see if they can reset the TPS, is there any history of a faulty TPS sensor showing these symptoms?

Thanks,
James

JamesJohnson37 said:
Well, I tried the software and cable on a different laptop with a serial port. Same result. I can do everything except reset the TPS. I can test injectors, gauges, fuel pump... just when it comes to TPS it counts down to 0 then says "ecu not responding". The bike runs fine so I'm not sure it's a faulty ECU, but maybe. I will take it to the dealer and see if they can reset the TPS, is there any history of a faulty TPS sensor showing these symptoms?

Thanks,
James

Not that I am aware of.

Back