• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Camshaft part numbers.... help!

larsen

Just got it firing!
I've just been tempted by a '08 Stelvio, which appears to have had its valve drive converted under warranty (rollerised???)
The problem I have is that the receipt for the work shows tappet part number B0146034, which as far as I can see is a flat tappet(?)
This, combined with the fact that it only shows 2 to have been replaced makes me wonder if this was fixed early in the bikes life, (16k miles) before the roller conversion became available?

Anybody know the start date of the rollerisation fix at UK dealers?
Anybody have any wisdom to share on part numbers?
B0146034 Tappet (finished)
8808781 camshaft carrier
8808811 camshaft carrier
8792704 camshaft

Thanks in advance...
Neil

I changed them here in US. Swapped all new & sold at dealers. Originally was flat(too flat) all were changed for ones w/slight radius on surface so they spin. Lot's of originals had a square wear mark(not spinning). The newer ones put in wore through the DLC coating and were replaced with roller tappets. See if they'll pay for rollers.
Edit------ From my Tech Bulletin #2009-003

Tappets PT #877725

The parts books then have all the superseded part numbers.

Last edited:
Thanks both.
Not in Bristol anymore... good reminder to change my profile!
know the history thanks to Scott's excellent sticky post, but what is not clear from the parts books that I have access to is whether that tappet part no refers to a flat(ish) tappet or not.
It's a private sale, and no one is going to pay for a roller conversion on a £3k bike with 35,000 miles on it!
I guess I'll pass on it, and keep wishing I hadn't sold the Griso
Thanks again
Neil

I

Thanks both.
Not in Bristol anymore... good reminder to change my profile!
know the history thanks to Scott's excellent sticky post, but what is not clear from the parts books that I have access to is whether that tappet part no refers to a flat(ish) tappet or not.
It's a private sale, and no one is going to pay for a roller conversion on a £3k bike with 35,000 miles on it!
I guess I'll pass on it, and keep wishing I hadn't sold the Griso
Thanks again
NeilI

If the current owner will allow, take a valve cover off to see if it is flat or roller tappets. If flat, then pass on it.

Back