• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Camshaft questions webcam 86d vs. norris /megac X7, X8

Thanks Christian

I'm doing well.
Since the new house for my family and mine (with little workshop) is ready now, I can investigate some time in the Guzzi stuff. But the V11 heads are as they were, unfortunately.

The Sachse ignition is a good device, Volker produces it either with a light trigger sensor or a magnetic one. I would go for the later as light triggers have a limited life when used in higher temperature conditions. A combination with the regulator is also available, all in a small unit mounted on the alternator. There is only one wire to the battery and the wires to the coils coming out from the front cover.
And it gives you the opportunity to try different curves for the ignition, even for twin spark. When an engine changes specs as much like yours chances are next to zero the old tourer distributor will do the job.

When it comes to cam installation, send me a message, I can provide you my Excel file that tells you almost everything about the cam you have measured.

Last weekend right for the trip to the Guzzi event in Kirchberg am Wechsel I completed an engine overhaul on a LM2 engine which now runs awful :silly: . Cam, valve springs and lighter clutch parts I bought from Peter Horvath which was a very good choice. Here is more info about the engine work: http://world-of-guzzi.de/forum/index.php?topic=33272.0 Text in german, a roadgoing engine, not for racing.

Regards Ernst

Hi alex hi ernst :) hello to everybody else

Thanks for the pics alex slowly im starting to get a lil more the picture. Have not ordered the MC-8 yet as i got informed of a italian camgrind that sounded simply spectacular with +0.5"valve lift (in case the rocker ratio of the V11 is the same as on the round heads, i remember being told so once??) semi digestable duration (280) and runs on the stock tappets.
No more info as of yet as i still need to meet for further talks/info.

Hi ernst also here things were a lil stagnant, in respect of head development, since most of my workshop is still back home as the garage here is still not finished but hopefully should be within the next weeks.
Besides the garage delay i made allready some trials (first trials were disastrous unfortunately) for transparent flowboxes of the round heads to put em on the flowbench (hate to dig into good heads) as soon as it is here, and the last one came out somewhat decent/usable.
As soon as i get the new cam i would love to get back on your offer for the exxel sheet, which could be quite helpfull.
Still have to get the datacable and the foot switch for the mitutoyo dial gauge in order to do it quicker and perhaps a lil more precise.

ooops sorry for getting a lil off topic. :oops:

kind regards

Christian

Back