• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Canadian Show Circuit

Twinsport

Tuned and Synch'ed
Sadly it seems that Piaggio Group Americas isnt attending any of the western shows this year. I guess you can look at it from different angles, for a manufacture it is expensive. From the stand point of the dealership one might expect this kind of Factory support as part of having the franchise. The advertising of the brand isn't just up to the dealership, so perhaps this could have been a part of lackluster sales in previous years where Guzzi was absent from the Canadian shows.
In the past Ive made buying decisions at the show, as well as had some genuinely great conversations with Factory support staff. I know if I was a dealer out here Ide be asking where is my factory support? How can I sell your bike if you wont advertise it?

It's sad, Brian. It almost looks to me like Piaggio NA has given up on the North American market at this time. I hope I am wrong, but their desultory attempts to consolidate a dealership network look almost pro forma to me, like they are just going through the motions. Maybe they are concentrating on Europe. I don't know. I just know that I was profoundly disappointed when they dumped my dealer here in London, Ont. as part of their "Night of the Long Knives" cleansing program, replacing my dealer with.....nothing, sweet F""k All.

What a great bike. What pathetic ownership.

Bruce

I agree with you guys.
Guzzi Italy has good intentions in continuing their product line but seems to lack Canadian advertising.
Example: A dealer has opened in the Montreal area …oh ….. about 4 months now?
You look at there web site and you question if they are Guzzi dealers.
The Moto Guzzi logo is not even there!!!
You look at the inventory and you have a new V7 and a used 2004 Breva..... that's it!!
At Guzzi Canada as far as what I can tell the only 2 bike being sold are the Griso and V7.

Without blaming anyone ..... if you look at it from "the other side of the fence" now's the best time to let people know the product exists.
It seems that both dealers and manufacturer aren't on the same page.

Its like you said Bruce "pathetic"

Funny, I just saw on the Toronto Motorcycle show website that Piaggio Group Americas is one of the exhibitors listed. I wonder what they have against western Canada? I'll let you know if they are there after I go tomorrow.
FBC

Yup , Piaggio Group Americas were at the Toronto show with a display of Guzzis, Aprilias and Vespas, The Canadian rep was manning the booth. He was telling me they have quite a mess to clean up left to them from the outfit that was previously importing them, which I've experienced personally numerous times since buying my Stelvio, as a matter of fact it is ongoing at the present time. Hopefully this shite will end. From my experiences of late with BMW Toronto, I've gotta tell you it's looked brighter than it has for the last two years. Maybe this summer I'll be able to rack up some serious miles instead of it sitting in someones shop for a month+ at a time while people eventually get around to dealing with a warranty issue.
Signed: Guardedly Optimistic

FrostBittenCanadian said:
Yup , Piaggio Group Americas were at the Toronto show with a display of Guzzis, Aprilias and Vespas, The Canadian rep was manning the booth. He was telling me they have quite a mess to clean up left to them from the outfit that was previously importing them, which I've experienced personally numerous times since buying my Stelvio, as a matter of fact it is ongoing at the present time. Hopefully this shite will end. From my experiences of late with BMW Toronto, I've gotta tell you it's looked brighter than it has for the last two years. Maybe this summer I'll be able to rack up some serious miles instead of it sitting in someones shop for a month+ at a time while people eventually get around to dealing with a warranty issue.
Signed: Guardedly Optimistic

There is still some confusion over which models will be imported into Canada. I spoke to the Piaggio guys yesterday at the show as well and they told me the Stelvio and Norge would not be brought to Canada, but Matthew from BMW Toronto has posted that both the Stelvio NTX and Norge will in fact be sold in Canada, so I guess we will just have to sit back and see what happens. On a brighter note, I looked at a lot of bikes in the show, and I have to say I didn't see anything that made me think, "Gee, I wish I had that one instead of my Stelvio." I still love the Stella.

Cheers,

Bruce

I thought I already told you guys that it was coming in?? I almost feel as if you didnt believe me! No worries though... I'll be posting on here as soon as they land

bmwtoronto said:
I thought I already told you guys that it was coming in?? I almost feel as if you didnt believe me! No worries though... I'll be posting on here as soon as they land

Not that I didn't believe you Matthew, but your colleagues at the Piaggio display at the Toronto Motorcycle Show told me the exact opposite. :?: See my post in this thread dated December 12, 2010.

Back