Ridemalibu Motorcycle Rentals & Tours – Los Angeles CA
  1. Ciao Guest - We're offering FREE shipping on orders over $99 for U.S. customers now through Monday (11/30) midnight PST. Use COVID-20-FREE at checkout on the STORE tab above — Please support small business! We wish the best to everyone; Stay healthy and hope you can get out and ride! Also, see our Newsletter link in the General Chat section below.

Carb conversion to 2013 single throttle body engine in a v65tt

Discussion in 'Quota & TT' started by GuzziV65TT, Dec 27, 2015.

1. pokeyjoe

pokeyjoe High Miler

Any hope for a break in the weather? I bet that thing's a hoot.

2. GuzziV65TT

GuzziV65TT Cruisin' Guzzisti

Ive got a 150meter gravel drive and one blip of the throttle and it left a 5" deep furrow !

Hopefully the temps will be up by the weekend

3. GuzziV65TT

just had a very cautious ride round the block and it goes very well, lovely snorty and responsive!

4. pokeyjoe

pokeyjoe High Miler

I used to ride on snowpack when I was about 15. I always ended up with the bike wedged under a car or something and me left sitting in the middle of the street. Be patient, be careful.

5. johnno

johnno Cruisin' Guzzisti GT Contributor

Iain she sounds really good ,keep the reports coming . Guzzi should leave design to all you home builders . FANTASTIC

GuzziV65TT likes this.
  6. BenRCMC

BenRCMC Tuned and Synch'ed

Absolutely fantastic work!

7. GuzziV65TT

Quick update

My V7 powered V65TT has being a 99% success , the carb fed stone engine is stunning, lovely and torquey with more power than the TT tyres can handle in the wet :)

Comparing it to one of the V7II Demo bikes at work show how restricted the factory setup is. Carbs are the way forward for me!

Had two niggles, one the modern rev counter looked awfull and I really wanted my lovely LM1 0-8000 veglia back and two the alternator mounted ignition sensor fowled the alternator cover and needed a spacer. This spacer seemed to make the Ducati alternator vacuum up every spec of dust and muck from the road so.......

I fitted a v50 Monza cam shaft, front cover , tacho drive and a DYNA S igniton kit.. Results are amazing, torque is lower down the rev range and it pulls clean to 7000 rpm in any gear. Timing is old school easy now and the engine now looks factory as the alternator cover fits perfectly

Pics for you enjoyment :)

Stock V7 Stone front cover , still has casting points for the igniton system

[​IMG]

Phonic wheel that in conjunction with the timing sensor provide position info to the ecu

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Oil Sensor locating pin and rear cam bearing

[​IMG]

Monza cam fitted into stone engine

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Dyna S with Ducati alternator

[​IMG]

Tacho Drive in Monza front cover

[​IMG]

Done nearly 1000 miles with the monza cam fitted, oil lovely and clean, no debris in the filters and a very happy V7TT

BenRCMC likes this.