Ridemalibu Motorcycle Rentals & Tours – Los Angeles CA
  1. Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. In SoCal? See the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if we can be of help. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have are already answered on the Forum with FACTS, NOT OPINIONS. PLEASE DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back if you are posting elsewhere on the web. Note there's decades of Guzzi hands-on experienced help on this site, all whom give endless amounts of their time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL! Also be sure to click on the STORE link also above for our 600+ product inventory, including many of our 100% Made-in-house-USA GTM products and engine kits. We appreciate the consideration, understanding and your business... past and future. And if you haven't seen our MotoCycle (not) art, click on the BUILDS tab above to see our work at our sister business; GT MotoCycles® -- WE ARE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED.
  2. There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to a PRODUCT or other competing website(s), this includes personal pages, social media or other Forums. We work very hard to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. Sorry to have to do this, but we don't have the time to chase these. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see our online STORE link above; GTM product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.

Carb Problem

Discussion in 'Chat & Tech Info' started by NMPete, Apr 16, 2017.

1. NMPete

NMPete Just got it firing!

Hi - I usually do O.K. tuning carbs, but this one has me frustrated so need help.

Bike: '79 SP 1000

Problem: When I let off the throttle, it wants to keep running at the same RPM and then eventually and slowly drops in revs.

Here is what I know:
    Timing is O.K.
    Sync is good.
    Idle is good.
    Carbs cleaned and jetted to near original spec.
    New throttle and cables that snaps back quickly and the slides drop quickly with a loud click when not running.

What can be causing the slow return response when running?

Thanks
    Pete

2. john zibell

john zibell Moderator Staff Member GT di Razza Pura

You may need to polish the slides and possibly the bores of the carbs. Vacuum from the engine pulls the slide to the engine side and there may be enough friction to prevent the rapid drop when running. Or stronger springs may be needed to overcome the friction.

3. abbienormal

abbienormal High Miler GT Famiglia

Sounds like an air leak. Check your inlet manifolds for cracks and where they mount to the heads.

4. NMPete

Hi - Thanks for the suggestions. I did polish the slides and put in the stronger springs and it did help, now it drops to idle more quickly than before.

5. NMPete

Hi - Thanks for the note - I did check for leaks and sealed up the intake manifold better. It is running better now.