Ridemalibu Motorcycle Rentals & Tours – Los Angeles CA
  1. Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. In SoCal? See the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have are already answered on the Forum with FACTS, NOT OPINIONS. PLEASE DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back if you are posting elsewhere on the web. Note there's decades of Guzzi hands-on experienced help on this site, all whom give endless amounts of their time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL! There is zero tolerance on personal attacks and off-site links to other Forums or competing products. Also be sure to click on the STORE link also above for our 600+ product inventory, including many of our 100% Made-in-house-USA GTM products and engine kits. We appreciate the consideration, understanding and your business... past and future. And if you haven't seen our MotoCycle (not) art, click on the BUILDS tab above to see our work at our sister business; GT MotoCycles®-- WE ARE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED.

Changes to V7 II Stock (Special)

Discussion in 'V7/V85/V9 Chat & Tech' started by rob-mg, May 28, 2016.

1. rob-mg

rob-mg Just got it firing!

Hi all,

I'm looking for recommendations for near-term changes.

I intend to wait until the first service to do anything significant, including shocks, exhaust, fuelling, seat, getting rid of rear fender, etc.

I've added the OEM rear rack, the Dart Marlin screen and a USB charger.

So I guess that I mostly want to get views on additional simple/minor changes.

Is there a mirror out there that gives better visibility (I don't care about aesthetics on this issue, and in particular about whether I use bar end mirrors)?

What are good complements to the OEM rear rack? Apart from Kriega, which I'm not keen on. For riding around town and picking up groceries, etc, I'd be completely happy with some kind of egg crate arrangement.

Crash bars or sliders, or neither, and which brand of the former (given that Sato seems to be the only producer of sliders)?

Clutch and brake levers? Are Pazzo/CRG a waste of money?

Lights, both the headlight and indicators, from the point of view of improving visibility during the day (I don't ride at night).

Mount for an iPhone on the handlebar?

Anything else that you can suggest?

Thanks.

Last edited: May 28, 2016
  2. GT-Rx®

GT-Rx® Administrator Staff Member GT di Razza Pura

Rob, most of your questions can be answered by a simple search in this section, but a few comments... And be sure to click on the Store tab above; I use and sell everything to be sure it works well.

Mirrors: I sell a few on my Store that work well that mount in the stock location. I will also be selling Rizoma here soon as well. Also, the stock Griso mirrors are affordable and work very well too if you want function over form. The small CRG style mirrrors are mediocre at best.
    Top case: See Givi's offerings on my online Store.
    Crash bars: The OEM or Agostini bars are the only thing that really work. I do sell the Sato sliders online here if you'd rather for looks. They work OK in low speed situations like parking lot tip overs.
    Levers: Personal taste outside of the folding design I'll be selling here soon.
    Lights: See my LED offerings.
    iPhone mounts: See Amazon.com

Other questions on my products offered here, email me direct; Todd at GuzziTech.com

3. rob-mg

Thanks,

My understanding is that Moto Guzzi has yet to offer OEM crash bars for the V7 II.

Is it your view that the crash bars offered by Hepco and Becker, Stuuchi/LGC and 70Tre don't "really work"; i.e.are inferior to the Agostini?

4. GT-Rx®

GT-Rx® Administrator Staff Member GT di Razza Pura

No, those are all fine as well. I sell the Hepco bars on this site. The new V7 II design is much nicer. Ago sells a plate that allows the older OEM bars to fit, and/but I like the Ago two piece design and styling.

5. rob-mg

I took a look at Givi and Kriega and decided, despite my reservation, which has to do with the roll-top design (admittedly integral to it being waterproof), to go with the latter. I have a Givi monolock case on another bike and I don't have a lot of confidence in the attachment method. Will still probably get a milk crate and bungee cords for trips for groceries.

For those who are interested, some anti-theft options that I'm considering: https://www.guzzitech.com/forums/threads/security-and-theft.16124/

Would still love to get comments on the other gear questions that I raised.

Last edited: May 31, 2016
  6. GuzziV65TT

GuzziV65TT Cruisin' Guzzisti

I have the 70tre head guards on my v7TT and they are stunning.. Even had a guzzi tech member call me a work to find out more.

Hepco and Becker has always been my fav on a guzzi as they look the best when removed, hate untidy racks and frames when luggage removed

7. Mr Pootle

Mr Pootle Cruisin' Guzzisti

Your initial post asked the very questions I was thinking of. I'll be fitting the Dart screen very soon. And then.....who knows?

Any chance of a photo with the Kriega in place?

8. drlapo

drlapo Tuned and Synch'ed

Replacing the shocks is a must do and should be done first
    Anything is an improvement
    Hagons can be made up by Dave Quinn to suit your needs.
    I have a set of hagons stock length and sprung for a solo 160# Rider that I'll let go for $150