• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Cheap Tires in Arizona???

Trout

GT Reference
I was searching the net today for some Avons & found the "too good to be true" on line tire store BUT I have some doubts. There is an address listed but no phone number. I sent them an email and they responded quickly but refuse to give the phone number. I Googled their address & checked the Better Business Bureau but nothing comes up.

Anybody in the Scottsdale Arizona area know of these guys?

American Motocycle Tire LLC
7702 East Gray Road Suite 101
Scottsdale AZ 85260
www.americanmototire.com

There is a rather large tire warehouse listed in that area so these guys may be legit and buying "out the back door" of the warehouse. That used to happen with auto parts "stores" that only sold to shops. You took the orders called in the numbers to the warehouse had a driver pick up & deliver. You only needed a small office, a couple of phones, catalogs and a couple of delivery drivers, no overhead = sell cheap.

I sure would like to hear from anybody in that area or anyone who has done business with them.

They may be tires that are so old the rubber is starting to powder. I'd say pay them a visit in person if you can and ask to see the condition of the tires. If they can't produce, you're better off looking elsewhere.

pokeyjoe said:
Have you tried SW Moto Tires? They're in AZ, too. Must be something about the weather. I've gotten tires from them and they're fine.

I'm on their site now but it's real slow and the links don't work. The site is sporadic sometimes fast other times nothing but the prices are good compared to 4 other sites I've checked. If I can get the "Contact" part of the site to actually work I'll call them.

I've tried this site with both Internet Explorer 8 & FireFox and the results are the same. If you can get around that the prices are great and I'll probably order from them. Will update if I do.

Carl Allison said:
I'd say pay them a visit in person if you can and ask to see the condition of the tires.

That would be kind of hard to do I'm in Florida so I was kinda hoping that somebody from that area knew them.

I believe that SW Moto Tires has been replaced by Emoto and their website is now http://www.swmotorubber.com

I could totally be wrong about this but SWMoto has reportedly gone in and out of business a few times over the past few years and I believe the owners have changed.

Emoto is strictly an internet tire sales place, probably similar to the tire company you originally mentioned. They purposely don't provide a phone number.

I've always heard great things about SWMotoTires as well as Emoto but if I'm going to pay shipping and sales tax I can get tires from my local dealership for about the same price.

Have you checked with your local dealer? I've always had luck with them agreeing to a reasonable price if presented with other quotes.

Bisbonian said:
Have you checked with your local dealer? I've always had luck with them agreeing to a reasonable price if presented with other quotes.

Yes, I try to spend local first but the shops in my area want full list with no discounts + mounting & balancing & insist on replacing the tubes and rim liner even though it only has 5000 miles on them. The local non-dealer Guzzi guy wants $75.00 a rim off the bike if you don't buy from him but he'll drop it to $50.00 if you do.

The difference in local list price and internet price is over $150.00 & SWmototires.com has free shipping & no tax outside of AZ.

I'm gonna check emoto and see what they are like and thanks to everyone for the input.

Bisbonian said:
I believe that SW Moto Tires has been replaced by Emoto and their website is now http://www.swmotorubber.com

That is correct. I just ordered from them and I'll post after I get the tires. E moto is by far the best price I've found. A pair of Avon Storms for $255.00 total no shipping, no tax. It seems like they are spin off from SouthWest Moto Tire.

Compared to: Bike Bandit $306.90 ~ JP Cycles $304.98 ~ Tires Unlimited $267.00 & Shipping ~ American Moto $265.00 ~ SouthWest Moto Tires $271.68 & shipping.

Back