• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Check, check, check your motorcycle. Please!

scottmastrocinque

GT Godfather!
GT di Razza Pura
I see a lot of things here in my workshop but in my whole life, I have never seen such a sight!

This motorcycle belongs to a new customer of mine.

The customer was completely unaware of this deadly situation. It would seem that the previous "mechanics" that worked on this motorcycle also missed this!

Are you kidding me?

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE Folks!!!

You ABSOLUTELY MUST look at your motorcycle carefully EACH AND EVERY TIME BEFORE YOU RIDE IT. Look it over carefully and check for issues with your tires, wheels, cables, controls, fuel lines, etc.

I despise the current trend of "Legacy Brands" to manufacturer their tires in China or South America. As far as I am concerned, the tires made in those places are pure garbage.

I used to love Metzler motorcycle tires when they were actually made in Germany. They were first quality tires. This rear tire, a Brazilian made Metzler tire HAS COME COMPLETELY APART in more places than I can begin to count!

The fact that this tire did not explode while being ridden is truly a miracle! My customer must have a group of guardian angels on his shoulders.

Please, don't just wait until you bring your motorcycle to a mechanic in order to have it looked over. You must look over it every time you ride it! It only takes a minute or two and the life you save could very well be your own!

Be safe and enjoy life!

Scott

389BAE01 BBAE 4BA6 8D0C 07DDD4777419

E6127696 0144 4C41 8AD4 7251E0DA94BB

6DE9FA1D F2E4 4325 A35C F66066DF225B

73B6C92F 2C4A 4DC8 8041 9231D92F96CF

F8BB5D9F 5226 4112 8D5D A08554367A82

E8526CB8 4B7C 42D8 97C6 640B9F8933A3

AE3616ED 076B 4A02 BC58 C8A2FCA3998B

Not sure about the age. True, it has hardly any miles on it for sure.

The tire could in fact be an older tire but my point was that riders must look their own motorcycles over and not blindly trust somebody else to do it for them.

That tire has come apart completely around the entire circumference. You can see it with the naked eye, clear as daylight.

It could have killed my customer easily.

Not sure about the age. True, it has hardly any miles on it for sure.
What's the date stamp say Scott?
Seems to be inline with the big brand names attempt to be competitive with the cheap-cheap tire market. Really disappointing to say the least. I've been trying to hard to buy Made in the USA Dunlops. Hard to do.
Great post... even if it catches one person here from getting hurt... good on you. ;)

It was definitely on the verge of chunking apart. As a minimum, I check tires and look for fuel leaks before every ride. I think it was all those old Brit bikes that got me in the habit...

Back