• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of Guzzi hands-on experienced help on this site, all whom give endless amounts of their time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL! Be sure to see our STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commerically supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. Sorry to have to do this, but we don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see our online STORE link above; GTM product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2022.

Chip identification please

V700Steve

GT Reference
GT di Razza Pura
May be from Moto Int in Seattle at the time bike was modded. I had 5 different ones for that ECU, some German, some from Au, some from Mot Int, There was also Creeden here in US.
It doesn't look familiar.

GTM®

Administrator
Staff member
GT di Razza Pura
Thanks Steve. I don't recognize that one either. Once the flash devices got cheap, everyone could burn one (me included). Hate to do this to you Mark, but this Forum might give you a better shot at an answer; centauro-owners.com/phpBB2/viewforum.php?f=1 -- hope you come back though. ;)

PaulDavies

Cruisin' Guzzisti
GT Contributor
I hope someone will help me to decipher the chip on my newly acquired (and slightly modified) '93 Daytona.
Thanks in advance!!!

View attachment 24034

Can't comment on the data stored in the chip, or who might have blown it, but if it is relevant or of interest, the 27C128 is an ultra violet erasble PROM (programmble read only memory). Peel back that label and there is a glass window that allows you to see the actual silicon (awesome under a microscope).

The chip has to be taken out of the board to be erased and then blown using special equipment (a PROM programmer and UV eraser obviously) hence the need to put the chip in a socket for easy removal and to protect it from UV light with a sticker over the window. It's kinda obsolete technology from the late 80's, but you can still buy them. It's largely been superceeded by Flash and EEProms that allow in-situ erase and program without special equipment or removal from board.

Deffo not a case of just hooking up a laptop and re-programming with this one

scottmastrocinque

Scott Mastrocinque
GT di Razza Pura
Will Creedon was THE AUTHORITY on the chips for these early 4V bikes (Daytona, V10-Centauro). He developed the best ones that went all over the world.

He is contactable via the Centauro Owners Group. Do a member search and send him a message.

He still sells his “C5” chip and if anybody knows what you have from those markings, he will.

centauro-owners.com

I am from San Diego and know Will personally. He’s a great guy. Old like me now. 😆😆😆

I have his C5 chip in my V10-Centauro.

Mark Getrow

Just got it firing!
Will Creedon is THE AUTHORITY on the chips for these early 4V bikes (Daytona, V10-Centauro). He developed the best ones that went all over the world.

He is contactable via the Centauro Owners Group. Do a member search and send him a message.

He still sells his “C5” chip and if anybody knows what you have from those markings, he will.

centauro-owners.com

I am from San Diego and know Will personally. He’s a great guy. Old like me now. 😆😆😆

I have his C5 chip in my V10-Centauro.

PM sent, thanks form another old guy ;););)

scottmastrocinque

Scott Mastrocinque
GT di Razza Pura
PM sent, thanks form another old guy ;););)

I responded.

I do want to clarify that there are indeed, others who did not like Will’s chip. It’s a matter of taste and opinion.

For my Centauro, it worked well but there were those with 1100 Sports that had potential problems due to the rich fuel settings Will tended to use.

These chips were all back in the early years and all seat-of-the-pants designs. Nobody had sophisticated dynos at motorcycle shops back then except New York Mike at San Diego Harley.

Will’s stuff certainly was not dyno developed and dyno tested like my full setup from Todd on my Stelvio NTX.

I offer the information and as a direction for you to follow perhaps, and not as a perfect solution.

Good luck.

Last edited:

Mark Getrow

Just got it firing!
I responded.

I do want to clarify that there are indeed, others who did not like Will’s chip. It’s a matter of taste and opinion.

For my Centauro, it worked well but there were those with 1100 Sports that had potential problems due to the rich furl settings Will tended to use.

These chips were all back in the early years and all seat-of-the-pants designs. Nobody had sophisticated dynos at motorcycle shops back then except New York Mike at San Diego Harley.

Will’s stuff certainly was not dyno developed and dyno tested like my full setup from Todd on my Stelvio NTX.

I offer the information and as a direction for you to follow perhaps, and not as a perfect solution.

Good luck.

I understand. I'm rather familiar with ICE development and what's involved.... this is just my natural curiosity looking for answers.
I always try to thoroughly research my new_old acquisitions 😅

Thanks for your time, much appreciated!!