• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Christmas in July

Mike.C

High Miler
Well as reported elswehere the Breva and I are back in business after the CARC carked it, and not before time I can tell you. The bike is parked on the verandah outside the kitchen window, and if I had to stand there doing the washing up while staring at the Breva in bits I recon there would have been a mutiny at the washing up sink!

So although this is a shorty, it's a goody.

Asside from all the CARC repair work, the B has a new set of rear brake pads, new ceramic coating on the headers, new globe and lense in the LHS Moto Light, and last but not least a new instrument panel with a speedo that works - which coincidentaly as should any good face lift, makes the bike look about 15,000ks younger - yeeeha!!!!!!!

and went for a quick fang up Mount Tamborine

Map Here

Brisbane is slap bang in the middle of the sub tropics, and in my book anything less than 15c is a BIG problem - the temp gauge on the dash was meandering around about 12-13 and I only had my summer jacket on.. Memories of The Minister yelling "you'll need a jumper" as I roared out the gate like a man on a mission echoed in my ears. :unsure:

Anyway spent an enjoyable hour watching the hang gliders it was perfect gliding weather - wouldn't mind having a go one day.

And just to remind me that we live in the best part of the best country in the world ;) - stuck the Zumo on before I left.

The afternoon was wearing on, so had a quick late lunch - chips and coffee was all I could afford, as a jumper was not the only thing I had forgotten...

After checking out the talent on the tourist strip, made a beeline for home. It felt like Christmas, and the best present was all mine - a grumbling Guzzi on a good twisty road.

It's soooooo good to be back on the bike again. Now where is that map dear??? B)

Nice one Mike! Great pics and loved the narration.

South of me in "Orange County" (CA, not OC Choppers in NY) there is a spot off of "Ortega Hwy" that gliders and para-gliders launch. Always looked like great fun to me... though many of great motorcyclist & friends have been seriously injured and some killed by them & ultralights over the years. I've always been a risk taker, but I used to skydive... so paragliding might be the best way to go. A few go over my house here in the hills every weekend. Might have to give it a go.

Todd/Mike: From someone who has worked on aircraft for 20 years, can I give you some friendly advice.... Ya don't fly in LAWN FURNITURE!! :laugh:
FBC

FBC, oh I hear you. I had my single-engine rating years ago... but I also skydive. Paragliders seem much safer then flying lawn furniture for sure.

boomerang3.jpg

OOOhh Man, I couldn't do that.... give me a nice big helicopter with millions of R&D behind it, about 650 shaft hp. plus, rotors , gearboxes, al. /composite aiframe ect. ect I can look at,tear apart, touch and I'll know it's airworthy. I would snivel and scream like a little girl ( or maybe just sit in the corner staring) if you got me up in something like that!!!! LOL. I'll e-mail you a couple of pics so you'll know what I'm talkin' about. That S#^& gives me nightmares!
FBC
P.S. Todd/Mike: The only reason to jump out of an aircraft is.... IT's ON FIRE! LOL. Ya don't jump out of perfectly good ones!

FrostBittenCanadian wrote:
P.S. Todd/Mike: The only reason to jump out of an aircraft is.... IT's ON FIRE! LOL. Ya don't jump out of perfectly good ones!

The standard response we gave when people asked why we jumped out of perfectly good airplanes was "You've never seen our pilots land, have you?"

jdg

Actually I soloed a few years back in a Cessna 150 - and I recon that ANY of the gear that I saw up the mountain on Sunday would be safer than that little heap of crap.

It was shall we say, a flying school hack of the highest order. It had more U/S stickers on the dash than instruments, the advisory notices in the log went for many pages, and don't even think about using the brakes on landing - the tyres would not have been up to it... although one day the instructor in a fit of desperation at my lack of slow speed handling skill showed me how to side slip it all the way down the runway at a height of about 10 feet in a 15 knot crosswind and then go around - I got a great deal of respect for a good pilot out of that one, it's a bit like bikes - a good pilot/rider can do amazing things with almost any machinery.

One day if I can make the Breva do even a tenth of what it's capable off I will be a very happy camper!

Your last remark reminded me of something that happened on a campingsite in Norway.

Near the Jostedalbreen glacier I found a campingsite, but the reception was closed. Just a note that someone would be there from 16-21 hrs. So I put up my tent and at 1600 an older woman arrived at the reception. She spoke just a few words English, but that was enough for me to check in.
Later on after a meal I washed the dishes and looking at my panniers I thought they could use some cleaning. I emptied them and started washing them in a big sink. A few minutes later the older woman came and with a face of a thundercloud she started yelling at me in Norwegian. :huh: I couldn't understand a thing that she was yelling at me, but luckily a Dutchman arrived who spoke Norwegian and could translate. He knew I was on a bike and with a big smile he told me that I should not empty my chemical toilet in that sink but outside in a special sink!

So I guess I have the most luxury Breva there is, fitted with 2 chemical toilets! :silly: Try to find that on a Goldwing.

You can keep the image then, Mike!

And no, no no

No you're not.

mikec_07090003.jpg

Or are you? Going to combine the two, and make the 1st Bond-style Breva? :silly:

hmmmmm ideas ideas ideas, but I did say I would be happy with a tenth of it's capabilities so maybe that will have to be a shed project for another day.

Back