• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Christmas ride to Boonah, Queensland, Australia

Mike.C

High Miler
The Minister and I were invited on a last ride before Christmas of a loose group of riding mates who are joined at the hip by all buying fuel at the local Shell servo. Those with good memories will know that it was with this group that I had a bingle on teh Breva last year, but that was another story....

So plan was to meet at a Servo just south of Brisbane and ride the Summerland way which is south of Rathdowney and a very nice bit of road. The past weeks weather has been characterised by 1 in 100 year storms and very high winds, but Sunday dawned fine and quite cool but very windy with gusts up to 72Km per hour recorded at 11:45am.

Now the thing is that these blokes while being a great bunch are really into "riding" and for me bike riding is about discovery of new places as much as the ride itself, so I didn't take any pics until.......

At about lunch time we unfortunately got left behind a bit and took a wrong turn or probably just missed one - not to worry, it's all pretty laid back and a quick phone call and we decided to make our own way.

So now the fun started - we found a road marked "Falls Road" 14km east of Boonah and with no fewer than 6 falls were listed on the road sign with a distance to the last one of 57km. Now all that might make you think that we went to see them all, but of course that's not how it worked out.

We went up into the mountains on the Qld / NSW border. It was an amazing track, marked as unsealed in Map Source but in actual fact sealed the entire way. It wound around and around up into the Koreelah National Park and we had our 1st glimpse of a fall

The view was from here.

The Minster for Stelvio Finance with her Nevada and my Breva.

But then the real fun started, and the real intent of the day came up - adventure riding practice - With an F800GS and a Stelvio coming some time sooon to the "Shed" we came across a river (??????!!!!) crossing and decided that some practice was in order. :p

So to make sure that there were no hidden obstacles The Minister went 1st.

After which I felt pretty smug and the Minister decided that she'd take a picture of me with wet boots and trousers, but in fact you can't see that in the photo, but the sun glinting off the Breva silver tank sponsons is nice

Tracks were made for home, with the wind being a PITA requiring riding at significant lean angles for many K's and making helmet noise and buffetting a real issue so we got home very much "Guzzied out" but there were some stops for crap digital photos along the way.

This road really was a great find, and we intend to mount an expedition to explore it's full potential at a later date when we have a bike with nobbies under us. Until then we will have to be content with picnic basket and wine glasses at appropriate spots along the way and only wonder at what surprises lie up the dirt tracks that lead off up into the national park. Stay tuned.

Nice one Mike.C.....I am envious of your brilliant country and roads to explore, I look forward to when you can get up the dirt tracks and post some more pics. Any news yet of your Stelvio arrivall ? Keep the pictures comming so people like me who will most likley never visit your great country :( (because I do not fly) can live it a little through your images.
Good stuff
:)
Cheers Nige

Nice photographs, Mike. Sometimes I think that's my favourite type of landscape to ride through--not really mountainous, but not flat, either; it's in between. I envy you your weather this time of year, but then that goes both ways...

Indeed Mike, great post. I will have some great ones up in the Spring here on the great desert Southwest, largely on unpaved roads & trails. ;)

Mike : The land of OZ looks like a beautiful country to ride through. I envy the weather you must have available in some part of the country all year around. I am planning to ride into Northrn Ontario next summer, ( about a 10 - 12 hr. ride ) straight north to see some old friends, Yeah I want to show a new Stelvio to a BMW riding buddy of mine from years ago. He'll probably never see one where he lives, except on the web or magazines. I must post some pictures when I do it so you can see our bush country.

FrostBittenCanadian wrote:
Mike : The land of OZ looks like a beautiful country to ride through.

Yep It's almost as good as Kansas :)

But we live in a BIG place, with every conceivable type of terrain to play in from baking deserts that will kill you in 2 days flat if you break down without water and supplies, to tropical rainforest that is home to some of the most amazing critters and riding like you wouldn't believe..

But don't take my word for it come on over - beer's cold.

I'll look out for your post and pics B)

Back