• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Ciao and welcome!

GTM®

Administrator
Staff member
GT di Razza Pura
To all new Members here, it is now required to have one post in this section before being able to post elsewhere. It can be a post below, or you can start your own thread. We'd prefer if you post who you are, where you're located and which Guzzi(s) you own (if any), and/or if you're researching one.

Also to NOTE: It's also IMPORTANT to read the scrolling paragraphs at the top of every page. It covers our expectations of you and your use of this privately funded website.

Please do NOT post Tech questions here. They will be deleted.

Welcome, and we hope you enjoy our database and the Guzzi Famiglia comradery here.

Ken Smith. London, Kentucky.

I'll be trading my 2019 Yamaha Niken GT for a Moto Guzzi V100 Mandello in early 2023. I'll be getting the bags and a taller windshield. I would expect to put somewhere between 7,000 and 12,000 miles per year on the bike. I ride a lot of twisty roads in Appalachia. I will also tour a bit with the bike, but my Honda will remain my primary tourer.

I've never owned a Moto Guzzi, but I always wanted one. I've owned four Hondas with 90 degree V4s mounted the way Moto Guzzi mounts the V Twin. I like that configuration. I think the Niken may turn out to be the last chain-drive bike I ever own. I prefer shaft drive.

I've been riding on the street since 1974. Early on, I did most of my own wrenching. But I haven't really done much of my own work since the turn of the century. If I ever get to retire, I may go back to doing my own work on the bikes.

I'll be trading my 2019 Yamaha Niken GT for a Moto Guzzi V100 Mandello in early 2023
Thanks and welcome Ken. I think you are the first person I've known to own a Niken. What attracted you to it? How has ownership with it been (outside of the chain drive)? The Honda STs are nice but boring. Guzzi's (to date) have all been such enjoyable machines outside of the few hiccups some have, that we try to help with here. Sure you're going to love them. I'm excited to swing a leg over my V100S when it arrives early next year.

Below will likely be the section you visit the most - Enjoy!

I found the Niken to be fascinating from an engineering perspective. I usually try to keep a workhorse bike and a fun bike. I usually trade the fun bikes after three years or so. It was time to trade the Indian Scout and the Niken was available. So I bought one.

The Niken is lots of fun in the twisty places. It feels like a normal sport-tourer. Reliability has been awesome. I've done normal service. But it's not needed anything else. The biggest thing was replacing the sprockets and chain at 19,000 miles. I think it could have lasted longer, but I like to get my bikes in top condition before trading. I want the next owner to have a great experience with the bike. This bike got less miles than a normal three-year bike because of the COVID mess.

I'm getting close enough to retirement that I'm ready to break the three-year cycle. I'm thinking the V100 will be a great replacement for the kinds of riding I do with the Niken. But I'm also looking for a long-term replacement for the Honda. I see two possible paths with the V100:
-It might become the eventual replacement for the Honda.
-I may ride it three years and trade. I'm expecting Moto Guzzi to have something like a California with this motor. That might be a long-term bike.

Moto Guzzi does not have the resources Honda has to develop new bikes. But I like the culture at Moto Guzzi. As a company, they seem to be interested in the same kind of riding I am interested in. Honda is mainly interested in small bikes for the Asian markets. They only make interesting touring bikes when they get bored.

I'm more excited about this new V100 than I've been about any bike in a long time.

I found the Niken to be fascinating from an engineering perspective. I usually try to keep a workhorse bike and a fun bike. I usually trade the fun bikes after three years or so. It was time to trade the Indian Scout and the Niken was available. So I bought one.
The Niken is lots of fun in the twisty places. It feels like a normal sport-tourer. I'm more excited about this new V100 than I've been about any bike in a long time.
So you don't feel any of the weight? I have zero interest in it, but I'm fascinated to hear why those that do own them like them (or not). Thanks for that info.
If you read up on the site here you'll see I am involved with Polaris Vic & Indian. The Scout was a head-scratcher to me, but has proven me wrong in sales. They are everywhere. I wish they had put a real rear suspension set up on it, and made it for a normal human-sized person. I personally know the guy who designed the Scout, and he's 6'-4" and makes it look like he's riding his kid's minibike.
I think the V100 should be quite good in speaking with my journo friends that rode it in Italy for the Press event. You can deposit on one here; https://www.guzzitech.com/forums/threads/preorder-your-v100-mandello.23002/
I'm more excited to see what I can do with one (power wise), and ultimately a custom build per the BUILDS tab at the top of the page here.
Enjoy and hope to see you online here often.

To all new Members here, it is now required to have one post in this section before being able to post elsewhere. It can be a post below, or you can start your own thread. We'd prefer if you post who you are, where you're located and which Guzzi(s) you own (if any), and/or if you're researching one.

Also to NOTE: It's also IMPORTANT to read the scrolling paragraphs at the top of every page. It covers our expectations of you and your use of this privately funded website.

Welcome, and we hope you enjoy our database and the Guzzi Famiglia comradery here.
Hi,

I'm Greg McCarty in Buda, TX. I'm really interested in a V7 850 Stone as a second bike to compliment my 2012 Concours. A while back I had a Ducati GT1000 which I loved. I miss that Italian stile, and the Stone has that in spades. And Guzzis are so distinctive and unique. If I get one I know the odds of my ever parking among a sea of Guzzis at any popular motorcycle destination in Central Texas are virtually nil. I've already done a lot of research and plan on contacting my local dealer (AF1 Racing in Austin) this week to hopefully check one out. The current generation V7 checks a lot of boxes for me and this site looks like a great place to further research the bike and get good info on mods and accessories if I do get one.

I'm Greg McCarty in Buda, TX. I'm really interested in a V7 850 Stone as a second bike to compliment my 2012 Concours. A while back I had a Ducati GT1000 which I loved. I miss that Italian stile, and the Stone has that in spades. I've already done a lot of research and plan on contacting my local dealer (AF1 Racing in Austin) this week to hopefully check one out. The current generation V7 checks a lot of boxes for me and this site looks like a great place to further research the bike and get good info on mods and accessories if I do get one.
Hi Greg, thanks for posting, and welcome to the GT Forum.
I'm astonished by the collection of people that the V7 pulls in, and you aren't mistaken. It does tick a great deal of boxes for many riders, of all ages, from young to old(er). AF1 are good folks, and my focus on this website is purely Guzzi, so happy to help you perfect it when you land one. Just be forewarned, Guzzis are highly addictive. Really tough to own just one. Hope to see you here often, and be sure to post in the Registry thread below once you have one. ;)

Hi,

I'm Greg McCarty in Buda, TX. I'm really interested in a V7 850 Stone as a second bike to compliment my 2012 Concours. A while back I had a Ducati GT1000 which I loved. I miss that Italian stile, and the Stone has that in spades. And Guzzis are so distinctive and unique. If I get one I know the odds of my ever parking among a sea of Guzzis at any popular motorcycle destination in Central Texas are virtually nil. I've already done a lot of research and plan on contacting my local dealer (AF1 Racing in Austin) this week to hopefully check one out. The current generation V7 checks a lot of boxes for me and this site looks like a great place to further research the bike and get good info on mods and accessories if I do get one.

I have always wanted a GT1000 but the prices… Madonna!

It would be part of the permanent collection for sure.

Why did you sell her?

Welcome to GuzziTech and welcome to the wonderful world of Moto Guzzi!

Hi,

I’m Al from Bristol, the one in the UK.

Am getting on a bit at 72 but have owned and ridden bikes since I was 17 and love it every bit now as I did back then.

I fancied a change recently and test rode a few bikes but it was the Guzzi V85TT that really impressed me so I traded my Harley Switchback and am now the owner of my first Guzzi the Travel version of the V85TT.
I think it was the build quality coupled with the character of the bike that impressed me, unfortunately the weather here in the UK means I might have to wait a while to enjoy it and Start posting some questions.

Thought this site was fantastic and was pleased to sign in.

I fancied a change recently and test rode a few bikes but it was the Guzzi V85TT that really impressed me so I traded my Harley Switchback and am now the owner of my first Guzzi the Travel version of the V85TT.
Congrats and welcome to the GuzziTech Forum! Your first Guzzi?

Hope you'll add your ifo to our Registry linked below, and hope to see you here often! Cheers.

I have always wanted a GT1000 but the prices… Madonna!

It would be part of the permanent collection for sure.

Why did you sell her?

Welcome to GuzziTech and welcome to the wonderful world of Moto Guzzi!
Thanks! I sold the GT primarily because I wanted to get something more adept at touring, and also because they had an issue with the plastic gas tanks expanding and becoming misshaped. I think I was on my third tank when I sold it. Really fun bike though and a real head turner.

Thanks! I sold the GT primarily because I wanted to get something more adept at touring, and also because they had an issue with the plastic gas tanks expanding and becoming misshaped. I think I was on my third tank when I sold it. Really fun bike though and a real head turner.

I had a GT1000 also and I could have written your email. The plastic tank fiasco was a pain. I sold mine for a decent price long before prices went up.

Ciao amici ! After years of riding Hondas of all sizes and a couple of BMW's I fell for the V7 special. IT is cold here in Pennsylvania, but I have managed to put 500 miles on it in 3 weeks. Looking forward to warmer weather, and a long trip to Utah this summer.

Hello from Switzerland, Luzern region
Got my first Guzzi, the V100 in rosso magma, frame# 000796, delivered yesterday. I am impressed by the build quality and can't wait to take her out on an early spring day.
Still to cold here, all mountain passes closed, snow expected next week even at lower altitudes. I envy all you guys who can ride all year....
Anyway, I decided for the base model since I don't like quick-shifters and too much electronics and above all, I wanted it in red.
Still waiting for panniers, heated grips and cylinder protection frames to be delivered. The other thing I am looking out for is a tank bag designed for this model.
So, I am looking very much forward to take her out for long-distance cruises across Europe.

Btw: "Vu cento" is how the Italians spell V 100.

Hello from Switzerland, Luzern region
Got my first Guzzi, the V100 in rosso magma, frame# 000796, delivered yesterday.
Congrats and welcome to the GT Forum & Guzzi Famiglia! Love having global Guzzisti here, and also love to get the rest of your info on our Registry linked below when you can. Post often!

Good afternoon
I have been a Guzzi owner for numerous years, my collection includes 1976 LM1, 1994 Daytona, 2009 Stelvio 8V and now a 2015 Audace.
I obviously have a love of the Guzzi brand and have been over to Mandello Del Lario to visit the home of Guzzi.
I have come to this forum to check out possible upgrades to the Audace suspension and general get a feel of what other people are doing to their bikes. Allbikes Audace2 Audace1

The Niken is lots of fun in the twisty places. It feels like a normal sport-tourer. Reliability has been awesome. I've done normal service. But it's not needed anything else. The biggest thing was replacing the sprockets and chain at 19,000 miles. I think it could have lasted longer, but I like to get my bikes in top condition before trading. I want the next owner to have a great experience with the bike. This bike got less miles than a normal three-year bike because of the COVID mess.

I'm getting close enough to retirement that I'm ready to break the three-year cycle. I'm thinking the V100 will be a great replacement for the kinds of riding I do with the Niken. But I'm also looking for a long-term replacement for the Honda. I see two possible paths with the V100:
-It might become the eventual replacement for the Honda.
-I may ride it three years and trade. I'm expecting Moto Guzzi to have something like a California with this motor. That might be a long-term bike.

Moto Guzzi does not have the resources Honda has to develop new bikes. But I like the culture at Moto Guzzi. As a company, they seem to be interested in the same kind of riding I am interested in. Honda is mainly interested in small bikes for the Asian markets. They only make interesting touring bikes when they get bored.

I'm more excited about this new V100 than I've been about any bike in a long time.
Hi from Switzerland,
very true - the Japanese manufacturers seem to turn to mass-markets only.
Gone are the days where we could expect impressive highlights of engineering from e.g. Yamaha or Honda. The Niken was the last such "stunt" from Yamaha. So, I'm going to keep my 2005 MT-01, which for me is the reference in low-end torque and my 2010 XJR 1300 for it's sweet reving air-cooled 4 cylinder.
Never understood why I should buy 600 / 750 / 850 cc if I can have larger engines... and above all, why does a 600 cc bike need a traction control?
My TC has been implemented in my right wrist 55 years ago. Never failed, no updates or maintenance needed.

So I was glad to see this fresh approach with the V100 and it will definitely have a long term estate in my garage. The only thing that could tempt me then is 1250 or 1400 cc......

Good afternoon
I have been a Guzzi owner for numerous years, my collection includes 1976 LM1, 1994 Daytona, 2009 Stelvio 8V and now a 2015 Audace.
I obviously have a love of the Guzzi brand and have been over to Mandello Del Lario to visit the home of Guzzi.
I have come to this forum to check out possible upgrades to the Audace suspension and general get a feel of what other people are doing to their bikes.
Ciao Cadds, Welcome to the GT Forum. Love to get your info on the Registries in each section linked below. Post often!

Greetings all.
I’m a kiwi currently based in Belgium and have just purchased a new V85TT travel. Previously owned a 1200SE Griso back in NZ, so it’s nice to be back in the Guzzi fold. Just researching how to get the best out of an E5 without going overboard. Good fuelling and smooth delivery through the range are more important for me than absolute power - just as well since I’ve bought a V85!

Cheers

Cam

Attachments

• 19FFDEAE-9782-417D-B309-B534BDF91712.jpeg
    19FFDEAE-9782-417D-B309-B534BDF91712.jpeg
    152.4 KB · Views: 2
Back