• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Classic alloy tanks

ghezzi

High Miler
GT Contributor
Anybody had experience with these guys, no e-mail address, just a ph #
http://www.thetankshop.com/

Specifically I would like to fit a Classic Guzzi short tank to my Bellagio, but fuel injection has different requirements to carbies. Anybody already been there?

What can you tell me apart from the current 40 week wait?

Hi Ghezzy,

sorry, I don't know anything from him.
I'm not in that fase (yet...).
But its looking very,very good.
About you're fuel injection.
Don't worry to much, he is making a flange into the tank so you can use the original fuel pump.

Advice, call him.
Or look for more adresses...
Here's one in Germany
http://www.alu-tanks.de/39994.html

Ad B

The Tank Shop has a reputation for excellent craftsmanship.......but at a price! And the quote of a 40 week wait might be a little optimistic. A mate of mine wanted a tank for his Triumph cafe racer. It took over a year to be done and the bill was more than originally quoted. He thought their attitude left quite a lot to be desired: "If you want it, pay for it. Otherwise you can have your deposit back & we'll sell it to someone else."

Actually, I found a bloke in Brizzy who is currently working on his own Guzzi alloy tank, with a view to repoductions by xmas.

FWIW - I purchased my V11 Tank a little more than a year ago now. At that time the lead-time was 12-weeks. I think he came in at 14-weeks. I was not in a big rush so it was not an issue for me. I was very happy with the workmanship and only had minor inteference issues that were easily corrected.

With regards to the price, I found his pricing significantly less (50%) than alternatives in the US (Wilcox was double).

Regards,
Bob

Attachments

• IMG_0403.jpg
    IMG_0403.jpg
    936 KB · Views: 1,204
Mate, would you like to post a few more shots of your bike? That tank looks real horn.

ghezzi said:
Mate, would you like to post a few more shots of your bike? That tank looks real horn.

08295a29.jpg

540857b5.jpg

Wow, that V11 is a truly beautiful bike.

I also have a Bellagio and have toyed with the idea of changing tanks. I may show my ignorance here, but, putting electrical things and other bits and pieces inside a fuel tank confounds me!!!!!! Is it feasable to mount a fuel pump/filter outside of the tank like the older EV's and Stones etc? Surely the fuel injection operation isn't that different betwwen the Bellagio and the other Cali type bikes?

Series4 said:
Every single fuel injected car and bike on the road has a pump in the tank. Relax.

I believe not!
Cali Stone I had some years ago had filter under the tank and the pump was behind the left sidecover. Bottom of tank only had electronic fuel cock and level sender attached rear left, both screwed on max of 14mm dia. Only other external attachments was fuel cap over flow pipe and fuel return line.

Bellagio has nothing externally visible, all tucked inside. Classic Alloy can handle that.

Ponti, You bitch .................... that looks awesome.

ghezzi said:
Series4 said:
Every single fuel injected car and bike on the road has a pump in the tank. Relax.

I believe not!
Cali Stone I had some years ago had filter under the tank and the pump was behind the left sidecover. Bottom of tank only had electronic fuel cock and level sender attached rear left, both screwed on max of 14mm dia. Only other external attachments was fuel cap over flow pipe and fuel return line.

Bellagio has nothing externally visible, all tucked inside. Classic Alloy can handle that.

Ponti, You bitch .................... that looks awesome.

Correct, my 2001 Jackal has an exterior pump, with the filter under the tank too. My previous bike to that, a 96 Cali 1100i, was the same. The filter is a real pain to change. Both had a pressure relief valve under the front of the tank.

I have not had a tank off John in the "The Tank Shop" but he sold me an alloy mudguard, it's great. I have also seen his work on others bikes and it is excellent. His lead times can be horrendous though, but that's because of the quality of his work, he's permanently snowed under.

On the pump in the tank thing early fuel injected Guzzis had the pump outside the tank at the front of the bike. I know well cause I need a new one and have a Peirburg on order.

If you can get details on the system pressure, and the flowrate of your in tank pump (check the maintenance manual) with a bit of searching you can probably come up with an out of tank replacement, there are many out there. It will probably cost more, but I like my pumps and tanks separate too.

John

Series4 said:

Eventually, that comes to pass because the fuel is good at keeping the pump cool. However, no early fuel injection system I'm aware of started out with the pump in the tank. Today's fuel injection systems with combined tank/pump/gauge-sensor are an evolution from the individual components that all these systems had originally. Guzzi's had an external pump for several years so there are at least 4000 bikes out there in that configuration. (and if Guzzi's sold like HD's, there'd be a couple of hundred thousand like that) ;)

Back