• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Clip-ons for the Griso.

FreshEgg

Just got it firing!
Hello All:

I was just at the "Backfire" event tonight in Seattle and saw a Griso fitted with hi-rise clip-ons pass by. Unfortunately, I did not get a chance to speak to the owner. Was wondering if anyone in this forum can direct me to a supplier. Also any experience with clearance issues, etc would be much appreciated.

I find the width of the stock bars fatiguing (and a little silly) and find the ergonomics of my LeMans V much more comfortable in comparison.

Thanks in advance.

These are Woodcraft 3" rise bars shipped to me from the USA, the reservoirs foul on the tube clamps so I had to grind a bit off and repaint the clamps, I have since gone back to the stock bars because I suddenly realised I am 55 years old and need the comfort, you need to order 53mm fork clamps, also the Woodcraft fork clamps are is two pieces so you don't need to dismantle the forks.

Attachments

• IMG00101-20111105-1521.jpg
    IMG00101-20111105-1521.jpg
    161.2 KB · Views: 338
If you don't want to get quite as "aggressive" as a set of high rise clip ons, it is very easy to replace the stock bars with an aftermarket bar that is narrower and has less rise. I had thought about going with the Woodcraft clip-ons after reading Steve's thread and one other that did the same, but decided that would be a bit too aggressive - and likely uncomfortable - riding position for the Griso.
I went the route of a few others here and changed over to the Rizoma Conical bar. This bar is extremely high quality, reasonably priced and gives me close to the perfect riding position. These bars are about 2 inches narrower than the stock bar.
motovationusa.com/mvstore/sc ... roduct=562
You can get the Conical bar in 3 different "heights", so you can tailor the amount of rise you want.

These are Woodcraft 3" rise bars shipped to me from the USA, the reservoirs foul on the tube clamps so I had to grind a bit off and repaint the clamps, I have since gone back to the stock bars because I suddenly realised I am 55 years old and need the comfort, you need to order 53mm fork clamps, also the Woodcraft fork clamps are is two pieces so you don't need to dismantle the forks.

Hi, sorry to revisit an old thread, but I've just bought a 2006 Griso and I'm considering the Woodcraft clip ons or similar, but would like to go lower than the 3" rise that Steve S has here, if possible. Does anyone have any idea what are the lowest clip ons I could get away with using, before the bars/controls risk fouling the tank at full lock? Thanks

You can run no-rise clip ons. You have two choices, above the top triple clamp or below the top triple clamp. For mounting above the top triple clamp you need to make sure you have enough fork tube extending above the top triple clamp. It also may help to use a clip on with a lower profile.
If you mount them below the top triple clamp and they have no rise you may find the bars or your hands hit at full lock. You can either reduce the amount the steering can turn to reduce full lock, adjust the bars by further rotating forwards, or live with it. I would not live with it.

Hi Trout and GuzziMoto, thanks for the info and the pictures Trout.

A couple of questions:
1) dropping the triple clamp to run the clipons up top - what does it do to the handling of the bike? (I think having them below with no riser would be way too aggressive a ride for me)

2) how is the ride / comfort of the bike with the clipons setup like you have them Trout? Are you super raked over the bike?

Thanks guys!

Hi Trout and GuzziMoto, thanks for the info and the pictures Trout.

A couple of questions:
1) dropping the triple clamp to run the clipons up top - what does it do to the handling of the bike? (I think having them below with no riser would be way too aggressive a ride for me)

2) how is the ride / comfort of the bike with the clipons setup like you have them Trout? Are you super raked over the bike?

Thanks guys!
Stock the fork tubes should be sticking out above the top triple clamp a fair bit. There are lines on the top of the fork tubes to gauge how much they are sticking out. It was supposed to be delivered with the tubes sticking partway out, from there you can go up or down. Having more tube sticking up above the triple clamp will speed up steering. But if you back off preload to the rear the same amount it will not change steering. Steering is a balance between front and back. If you lower the front (as in making the fork tubes stick out above the top triple clamp more) and lower the rear the same amount, balance is maintained. If you lower the front and don't change the rear the steering will speed up. If you lower the front and raise the rear steering will really speed up.
Clip-ons with a little rise to them are common and easy to do. They allow the clip-ons to attach under the top triple clamp and still maintain a reasonable reach to the bars. But clip-ons without a ride look cool in my opinion. I would rather have clip-ons without a rise attached above the top triple clamp (because I am old and can't do the below the top triple thing any more).
That said, my Daytona based Cafe bike has flat bars (with a handle bar conversion to go with it). But the forks are too short and don't stick up above the top triple clamp (GSXR front forks).

Back