Ridemalibu Motorcycle Rentals & Tours – Los Angeles CA
  1. Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. In SoCal? See the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have are already answered on the Forum with FACTS, NOT OPINIONS. PLEASE DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back if you are posting elsewhere on the web. Note there's decades of Guzzi hands-on experienced help on this site, all whom give endless amounts of their time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL! There is zero tolerance on personal attacks and off-site links to other Forums or competing products. Also be sure to click on the STORE link also above for our 600+ product inventory, including many of our 100% Made-in-house-USA GTM products and engine kits. We appreciate the consideration, understanding and your business... past and future. And if you haven't seen our MotoCycle (not) art, click on the BUILDS tab above to see our work at our sister business; GT MotoCycles®-- WE ARE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED.

Close to buying 2016 Eldo - quick response on issues/known fixes

Discussion in 'Cal 1400 8V' started by highway man, Mar 12, 2018.

1. highway man

highway man Just got it firing!

Good Day, I have perused the board here, and thank you all that have responded previously, and am looking for feedback on the 2016 eldo. My biggest concern has been lack of dealership support, parts, etc. Putting that aside, specifically for the bike, what do I need to watch for?

Thanks!

2. Garwood

Garwood Maintaining a Low Profile! GT Contributor

Going on 11 months and 9,000 miles on my 2016. Absolutely no Eldorado specific problems. The only problem was leaking hard bags which were easily fixed with a can of Flexseal.
    Garwood.

3. Harry H

Harry H Tuned and Synch'ed GT Contributor

I've had my 2016 Eldo for just over a year, only about 5K miles on it. Zero issues. I am surrounded by people in my area that know Guzzi's (including Todd) and a couple of dealers (last place I'd go) within 30 minutes if anything I can't figure out goes haywire.

4. highway man

Good Day Harry, dealer visit concerns for me are around the warranty period. I happen to like to do the majority of my business via email, as there is a record and I usually cannot get on the phone during their convenient business hours. As far as the bike itself, sounds like a reliable machine, and one I would enjoy. Thanks for the feedback,

Last edited: Mar 16, 2018
    Harry H and Trout like this.
  5. Trout

Trout GT Reference

Gotta agree with the email communication thing.
    I'm mostly deaf at this point & really dislike trying to have phone conversations.

A friend who is in real estate is just the opposite.
    She states that buyers who email are mostly time wasters & get involved in asking many questions before viewing the property.
    Things like:
    What is the monthly electric bill?
    Is the area noisy?
    Are the neighbors nice?

I understand that point of view also.
    Recently I emailed Todd about brake pads for the Griso because I could not find the correct ones on his site.
    He sent a link for the page & THEN I noticed the drop box filter by model.
    DUH!
    Sent him an apology email & he said something like: "That's OK I do it everyday".

6. roadscum

roadscum Cruisin' Guzzisti

The biggest issue for all models it's the lack of dealer strong network, lack of good after sales support, and piss poor response MG Corp. when ya need him. Many of the Guzzi riders are a fair hand at turning a wrench.

Paul

Trout likes this.
  7. highway man

Good Day, I see that the latest Eldo available in the US is 2016, understood. Did mg make a 17 and 18 in Europe?

8. Trout

Trout GT Reference

Interesting. I just did a nationwide search on cycletrader & 2016 is the newest listing, no 17's or 18's.
    All of them black, no reds listed.
    Now I'm curious.......

9. King of Fleece

King of Fleece Cruisin' Guzzisti GT Famiglia

You are not that far from Hamlin Cycles in Danbury, Ct. Heck, I go there for major service and it's 405 miles each way. A few nice day rides back to back thru nice country.

10. highway man

My point, seems MG stopped shipping over after the 2016 module did not sell well. The problem that puts a are buyer in, is that as soon as you ride off from the dealership, you have a two year old motorcycle if you ever want to sell.

11. highway man

Yes, I have talked with Hamlins...good folks.

12. highway man

13. PaulDavies

PaulDavies Cruisin' Guzzisti GT Contributor

That's always a risk with a nich bike - My local dealer has a used and "blinged up" 2016 model with 6300km on the clock for just $10.9k CDN here in Vancouver

https://www.internationalmotorsport...e=moto guzzi&s=Year&d=D&fr=xPreOwnedInventory

Normal retail list price would be would be 18.9k CDN - they list a 2018 model (don't know if they have it)

(https://www.internationalmotorsport...1&make=moto guzzi&s=Year&d=D&fr=xNewInventory)

14. Robert Gibson

Robert Gibson Cruisin' Guzzisti GT Contributor

Try a ferry trip, night stop, hotel costs etc. and that's just for warranty work, but that's the price for living on "the Rock". To be fair my dealer is aware of the hassle involved and last trip gave me a MG t-shirt for my wife, a small gesture but appreciated none the less.

15. highway man

Robert, is MG listing 2018 Eldo's in Spain for sale?

16. Robert Gibson

Just had a look on the Moto Guzzi.es website and they still show the Eldorado (€19,334 plus taxes) MGX21, Audace, Audace Carbon and the California Touring though the Touring appears to be what was the older SE model.

17. Robert Gibson

"Local" dealers current stock.

Attached Files:

18. roadventure

roadventure High Miler GT Famiglia

Do not buy a Moto Guzzi motorcycle. You are concerned about "lack of dealership support, parts, etc." You get all this and less with MG motorcycles.

Trout likes this.
  19. roadventure

roadventure High Miler GT Famiglia

Then, if you decide to bu a new 2016 model, you negotiate to pay for a two year old motorcycle. Check KBB for a starting retail price.