• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Close to buying 2016 Eldo - quick response on issues/known fixes

highway man

Just got it firing!
Good Day, I have perused the board here, and thank you all that have responded previously, and am looking for feedback on the 2016 eldo. My biggest concern has been lack of dealership support, parts, etc. Putting that aside, specifically for the bike, what do I need to watch for?

Thanks!

Going on 11 months and 9,000 miles on my 2016. Absolutely no Eldorado specific problems. The only problem was leaking hard bags which were easily fixed with a can of Flexseal.
Garwood.

I've had my 2016 Eldo for just over a year, only about 5K miles on it. Zero issues. I am surrounded by people in my area that know Guzzi's (including Todd) and a couple of dealers (last place I'd go) within 30 minutes if anything I can't figure out goes haywire.

Good Day Harry, dealer visit concerns for me are around the warranty period. I happen to like to do the majority of my business via email, as there is a record and I usually cannot get on the phone during their convenient business hours. As far as the bike itself, sounds like a reliable machine, and one I would enjoy. Thanks for the feedback,

Last edited:
Gotta agree with the email communication thing.
I'm mostly deaf at this point & really dislike trying to have phone conversations.

A friend who is in real estate is just the opposite.
She states that buyers who email are mostly time wasters & get involved in asking many questions before viewing the property.
Things like:
What is the monthly electric bill?
Is the area noisy?
Are the neighbors nice?

I understand that point of view also.
Recently I emailed Todd about brake pads for the Griso because I could not find the correct ones on his site.
He sent a link for the page & THEN I noticed the drop box filter by model.
DUH!
Sent him an apology email & he said something like: "That's OK I do it everyday".

The biggest issue for all models it's the lack of dealer strong network, lack of good after sales support, and piss poor response MG Corp. when ya need him. Many of the Guzzi riders are a fair hand at turning a wrench.

Paul

Good Day, I see that the latest Eldo available in the US is 2016, understood. Did mg make a 17 and 18 in Europe?

Interesting. I just did a nationwide search on cycletrader & 2016 is the newest listing, no 17's or 18's.
All of them black, no reds listed.
Now I'm curious.......

You are not that far from Hamlin Cycles in Danbury, Ct. Heck, I go there for major service and it's 405 miles each way. A few nice day rides back to back thru nice country.

My point, seems MG stopped shipping over after the 2016 module did not sell well. The problem that puts a are buyer in, is that as soon as you ride off from the dealership, you have a two year old motorcycle if you ever want to sell.

My point, seems MG stopped shipping over after the 2016 module did not sell well. The problem that puts a are buyer in, is that as soon as you ride off from the dealership, you have a two year old motorcycle if you ever want to sell.

That's always a risk with a nich bike - My local dealer has a used and "blinged up" 2016 model with 6300km on the clock for just $10.9k CDN here in Vancouver

https://www.internationalmotorsport...e=moto guzzi&s=Year&d=D&fr=xPreOwnedInventory

Normal retail list price would be would be 18.9k CDN - they list a 2018 model (don't know if they have it)

(https://www.internationalmotorsport...1&make=moto guzzi&s=Year&d=D&fr=xNewInventory)

You are not that far from Hamlin Cycles in Danbury, Ct. Heck, I go there for major service and it's 405 miles each way. A few nice day rides back to back thru nice country.
Try a ferry trip, night stop, hotel costs etc. and that's just for warranty work, but that's the price for living on "the Rock". To be fair my dealer is aware of the hassle involved and last trip gave me a MG t-shirt for my wife, a small gesture but appreciated none the less.

Just had a look on the Moto Guzzi.es website and they still show the Eldorado (€19,334 plus taxes) MGX21, Audace, Audace Carbon and the California Touring though the Touring appears to be what was the older SE model.

"Local" dealers current stock.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    144.9 KB · Views: 5
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    165 KB · Views: 4
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    161.8 KB · Views: 4
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    131.1 KB · Views: 5
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    169.1 KB · Views: 4
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    72.1 KB · Views: 5
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    157.2 KB · Views: 4
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    144.5 KB · Views: 5
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    154.4 KB · Views: 5

Then, if you decide to bu a new 2016 model, you negotiate to pay for a two year old motorcycle. Check KBB for a starting retail price.

Back