Ridemalibu Motorcycle Rentals & Tours – Los Angeles CA
  1. Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. In SoCal? See the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have are already answered on the Forum with FACTS, NOT OPINIONS. PLEASE DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back if you are posting elsewhere on the web. Note there's decades of Guzzi hands-on experienced help on this site, all whom give endless amounts of their time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL! There is zero tolerance on personal attacks and off-site links to other Forums or competing products. Also be sure to click on the Store link also above for our 600+ product inventory, including many of our 100% Made-in-house-USA GTM products and engine kits. We appreciate the consideration, understanding and your business... past and future. Also be sure to see our GTMotoCycles.com custom BUILDS tab above. WE ARE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED.

Clutch replacement 94 California 1100 help!

Discussion in 'Loop & Tonti' started by Gappy, May 23, 2020 at 8:17 PM.

1. Gappy

Gappy Tuned and Synch'ed

My clutch is slipping when I wick it up past 42-45 hundred rpms in 4th and 5th gears ,it will rev straight up to redline after the bike is good and warmed up.

My question is, does crabbing the frame work with this bike, it being a Tonti frame? Has anyone used this procedure with a big block California? Any responses or comments welcomed, I am thinking of doing this myself if it is all good.

2. V700Steve

V700Steve High Miler GT di Razza Pura

Yes, it works on your Cali. Good luck

scottmastrocinque likes this.
  3. john zibell

john zibell Moderator Staff Member GT di Razza Pura

While you have the gear box out it is a good time to replace the input and output bearing. The factory uses a plastic cage double row bearing and these plastic cages have been known to fail. I replace them with steel cage bearings. Also considering the age, all new seals and o-rings for the gear box and replacing the engine rear main while it is apart will save you labor time down the road.

4. Gappy

Gappy Tuned and Synch'ed

Thanks for the confirmation and tech tips , If I baby it I might make it through the summer before I go through this procedure and then again it might go down hill fast and I will have no choice. Keep the shiny side up!