• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Considering Corbin For Accessories?

Bill Havins

Just got it firing!
Hello to all.

Some of you may be aware that, after riding Guzzis for 36 years, I left the fold to buy a Goldwing variant - a 2014 Honda Valkyrie. It is a nice ride, carries two "old folks" pretty comfortably, and matches my shorter stature very well. The biggest challenge with the bike has been finding accessories to set it up for long-distance touring.

I have fabricated most of the accessories myself (windshield, barbacks, etc.) primarily because what is out there is of poor quality or does not perform well. Fortunately my dealer has been supportive of my efforts - their parts manager has been willing to order accessories and allow me to return them if they just don't work. I pay the return shipping and it has been a bit expensive.

We recently got into a really frustrating situation with Corbin and a set of Fleetliner Saddlebags. It was my first experience with Corbin and it has been horrible (read the synopsis here).

The purpose of this post is to inform others of the problem that exists with Corbin quality control and customer support. You may want to look somewhere other than Corbin if you are considering accessories for your Guzzi. And you might also send a big "Thank You" to those suppliers who have treated you well.

Now it's into the garage where I get to spend days fabricating brackets for these panniers.

Cheers!

Bill

I have had Corbin seats that I liked (VFR 700 and BMW R1200GS) and some I didn't (PC 800). I purchased the VFR seat used as they did not make them anymore. It needed repaired. Figuring to do it right I sent it to Corbin with a letter telling them what to repair. This letter was included in the package with the seat after I had had a discussion with a rep on the phone.
I got back a recovered seat. No other repairs were done. I called and was told send it back. Another letter included. I got back the seat and all that was done is where I wanted a loose mount repaired, originally while they would have had the seat uncovered, they put a pop rivet with a large washer on and that was it. None of my other requests. So I spent almost $100 shipping it back and forth twice and overpaid for a seat recover.
Seats are fairly good. Customer support is non-existent.

I have DOZENS of stories like that from customers. I like that they act that way. It's a LOT more business for me. The Corbin rain covers, well, are not waterproof. Go figure!

Back