• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Corbin Seat on A 2016 Eldorado

One criticism I have heard is if you are riding withough the backrest fitted you can fell the hardness of the post against your butt, whats your thoughts to that thanks

I can't comment on the Corbin, but I have a Saddlemen seat with backrest on my Triumph America LT and although a costly upgrade it certainly works for me. It gives excellent lower back support and something you can really brace against. I find I also tend to sit more upright rather than slouching in the saddle. I would love to see what the Utopia backrest on an Eldo would look / feel like.

One criticism I have heard is if you are riding withough the backrest fitted you can fell the hardness of the post against your butt, whats your thoughts to that thanks

I cannot feel the post at all. The backrest helps keep me a little more upright but it is a very natural position. I am very glad that I did the co$ley upgrade!

View attachment 15867 View attachment 15868

Well I finally got around to ordering a Corbin for the Eldorado. I choose the bomber jacket look instead of solid black. Very happy how it turned out much more comfortable to ride now. What do you think?
Hope fully this thread is still live.....Just got my Eldo and love the Corbin seat in your photo.

Just to clarify, exactly which seat have you ordered from Corbin? The Cali 1400 or The MGX. If not too much trouble could you post the details of the order. In Aust and don't want to make a mistake. Cheers

Hope fully this thread is still live.....Just got my Eldo and love the Corbin seat in your photo.

Just to clarify, exactly which seat have you ordered from Corbin? The Cali 1400 or The MGX. If not too much trouble could you post the details of the order. In Aust and don't want to make a mistake. Cheers

Here is what I ordered from Corbin:
Heated saddle for the California 1400
Black bomber jacket leather seating
Stealth stitch pattern
Seating white thread
Black bomber jacket leather sides
Black welt
White logo
Oval backrest standard in matching black bomber jacket

I also had to order Hepco Becker California 1400 Touring Sissybar with rear rack. This was to be able to mount the one piece seat. Part # 611.544 00 02 Chrome. I ordered it from AF1 Racing store in Austin Texas.

Hope this helps. Best upgrade I have dome to my Eldorado. Let me know if you need anymore info.

Here is what I ordered from Corbin:
Heated saddle for the California 1400
Black bomber jacket leather seating
Stealth stitch pattern
Seating white thread
Black bomber jacket leather sides
Black welt
White logo
Oval backrest standard in matching black bomber jacket

I also had to order Hepco Becker California 1400 Touring Sissybar with rear rack. This was to be able to mount the one piece seat. Part # 611.544 00 02 Chrome. I ordered it from AF1 Racing store in Austin Texas.

Hope this helps. Best upgrade I have dome to my Eldorado. Let me know if you need anymore info.

Fantastic thanks. Exactly what I wanted to know!!

Please excuse me, and I am not trying to be difficult - but do you mean to say that the "Hepco Becker California 1400 Touring Sissybar with rear rack Part # 611.544 00 02 bolts straight up on an Eldorado 1400 ? This would certainly make my life much easier.

I suppose that one must also replace the seat with the one-piece version from a California after installing the rear rack/sissy bar combo?

Thanks,
Kevin

Here
Please excuse me, and I am not trying to be difficult - but do you mean to say that the "Hepco Becker California 1400 Touring Sissybar with rear rack Part # 611.544 00 02 bolts straight up on an Eldorado 1400 ? This would certainly make my life much easier.

I suppose that one must also replace the seat with the one-piece version from a California after installing the rear rack/sissy bar combo?

Thanks,
Kevin

Here is the Hepco Becker sissy bar backrest and luggage rack on my 2016 Audace. Remove the seat, remove the three bolts (1 in the middle of the fender, the other 2 on etiher side of the fender) and install it. Takes less than 5 minutes.

20190413_151209-jpg.16898

You can't keep the 2 piece seat on the Eldo with the HB rack, you have to change the seat for a touring or corbin one. The Audace rear seat fixing must be different from the Eldo.

Thanks,
Kevin

That is correct. Like stated above since you will be going to a one piece seat you need the rack and yes it bolts right up. Not sure about the touring seat but the Corbin attaches just perfectly. I think it looks great and totally changed the comfort of the bike.

the 1400 touring seat will fit an Eldo IF..

you replace the rear passenger handle grab bar with the touring version .

NOTE the Eldo grab rail is completely different and the touring seat will not fit

NOTE the MGX 21 comfort/stiffer driver seat will also fit an Eldorado without any mods this seat is about 186.00
NOTE the stock Eldo seat has a bigger rear shoulder bolster and has a softer foam than the MGX 21 comfort saddle,
also the Eldo stocker has stiching that passes under the drivers legs, it wont be long before this stitching is fraying from your legs rubbing on it.
NOTE I have MGX 21 seat on my Eldo the seat fit and latched onto my bike straight our of the box
Hi, I have an Eldorado and while I like the solo option of the stock seat, I would like to have a backrest for the passenger. Do you think the Corbin MGX pax seat would fit an Eldorado?(removing the rack and all)

Hi, I have an Eldorado and while I like the solo option of the stock seat, I would like to have a backrest for the passenger. Do you think the Corbin MGX pax seat would fit an Eldorado?(removing the rack and all)
I think if you look at the parts diagrams the fitting for the pax mgx seat is totally different from the Eldo so I would guess not.

86ceb722557769c226e00c7a61d4674a 28e87b453c8148c85fc7feb10e9bdc94

Last edited:
Another option is if the front fixing bolts on the mgx seat are the same width apart as the Eldo seat is to bolt on a locating tab at the rear. I think it would look a bit odd though as the mgx seat is more 'pointy' at the rear. You could also ask Todd if he could make one for you(or anyone else come to that if there is enough interest). Failing that try Utopia.

I have a 2018 Eldorado that's a pleasure , but the rear saddle for my wife is a bit small for more than an hours ride .
I see a lot of love for the Corbin saddle . 15 years ago my wife bought me a 2 up Corbin saddle for my Le Mans 2 ,
it was gorgeous , but it was like poured concrete to ride and never broke in . Stopped riding it for years because of
that . Are the ones for these Eldorados any softer ? Or is it their added width that makes everyone like them ? I don't
want to spend all that cash and then turn around and start adding gel pads . Are they better than the California saddles ? Thanks for your respones , Peter

I believe you can fit the Touring saddle to the Eldorado but would also have to fit either the rack or grab rail.
I’m sure others can clarify.
Although no issues with my Touring saddle in terms of comfort, I had it slightly lowered for myself (short inseam) and widened and raised for my wife (long inseam).
9837BC1A 022A 4B7B 965E 51DB0119E8C0

Peter,
I had the rear seat of my Eldorado reshaped, padded and recovered for swmbo, she says its a lot more comfortable now and I get to keep my solo saddle. Far cheaper option than changing for a Corbin. Why not try going down that route first. Have a look at MGX corbin rear and maybe try getting yours reshaped similar to that.

Back