• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Crank no start, Griso 1100.

GuzziHero

Cruisin' Guzzisti
GT Contributor
My bike is trying to get me to hate it!

Last time I rode my Griso 1100 in January, it ran fine.

Came to it yesterday and the Shidi lithium battery was low. Really low - 11.10v. Long story short, after 10(!) hours of charging, I got it up to full charge. Left it over night and it is holding at 13.2v.

So today I thought I'd fit the battery, try again. It cranks fine, but won't fire up. No smell of fuel which is odd since I've tried it 20+ times trying various things.

Sparkplug looks like below. I did try to check a spark which did show on one side, couldn't get one on the other. But it was really hard to get a decent ground on the engine with the plug so I may have to try that again.

Question: Does this look like no-fuel issue judging by the spark plug? I am wondering if that silly pipe in the fuel tank needs replacing. Would a weak / damaged battery maybe cause this? What is the ID of the replacement fuel hose that I need to replace this pipe?

Thanks!

Attachments

• 20220610_201735.jpg
    20220610_201735.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 56
Last edited:
Ruptured half metal / half plastic fuel filter in the tank.

Open the fuel bung, shine a flashlight inside the tank.

Turn on ignition and engine kill switch to run position.

Bet you that you see fuel swirling around inside of tank.

Well covered here in the Forums. Use SEARCH and you will find the information.

Ruptured half metal / half plastic fuel filter in the tank.

Open the fuel bung, shine a flashlight inside the tank.

Turn on ignition and engine kill switch to run position.

Bet you that you see fuel swirling around inside of tank.

Well covered here in the Forums. Use SEARCH and you will find the information.
Ah, so it could be the filter itself? I'll order a new one just in case. I have some 8mm ID fuel hose and better clamps on order.

Thanks!

If it turns out to be a ruptured filter, the metal filter to use is the same as BNW K and many R bikes. The KL 145 or equivalent is the filter to use.

Thank you all, I will check it after work tonight. I know it is the original 2007 filter, so you are likely correct!
There are procedures posted on this forum on how to replace the filter. So do a search to save you some trouble.

John is giving you outstanding advice right there. Submersible fuel line is VERY expensive for a reason (Gates submersible rated fuel line is about $20/ft).

Any other type of tubing will disentigrate in short order, when submerged inside a tank of gasoline. Please do not disregard this information.

Somebody is sure to bitch at me saying I'm being mean, but FWIW:

Neoprene hose is not submersible in fuel. Somebody has misinformed you. I'm telling you this because I know for sure that it is not.

What you need is Gates submersible fuel line.

Screen Shot 2022 06 12 at 25828 PM

Ordered some. Has to come from America though so an extra 8 quid for 2-5 day delivery 🙄 I'm off next week and week after so want it quick as possible. At least I still have my Triumph I can ride in the meantime!

I hate using Amazon, usually overpriced for the things I buy and they keep trying to foist Prime off on me like some obnoxious street preacher :rolleyes:

Believe me, I'm no fan of Jeff Bezos getting even richer than he is already but it is the marketplace dominator here in the USA.

The auto parts stores don't even have people working there anymore who know the first damn thing about automotive anything let alone, motorcycles.

Glad you got the right one. The neoprene would have been a disaster in about 2-3 days.

Quick update: today, I took the tank off, pump out. Turns out I already have an all steel filter but I'll replace it anyway since I have the new part.

I guess its a hose that failed then. Unfortunately the clamps I bought for the job don't grip as tight as I'd like, so just waiting for proper hose clamps. Reassembly will be a doddle.

Changed the pipes and filter, still doing nothing. Crank but no fire.

I'm going to have to have someone fix it for me, I have no idea what to do now.

Back