• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Crank no start, Griso 1100.

Yes, but I'm not sure how strong it is. The plugs were dry.

I will change the plugs anyway, its easy and cheap enough to do. I'm wondering if the fuel filter impellor has gone as I can hear it giving a very slight click sound that I don't recall hearing before. It could be that I just didn't notice it though.

I don't know how to do that, but I'll look into it.
I can generally work on things outside the engine but inside the motor and such I leave to others.

I've been thinking. The only thing that changed between January and June is that I had a problem with the Li-Ion battery over discharging because a connector on the (lithium-specific) charger wasn't connecting correctly.

Would it be possible that the battery could turn the engine but NOT operate the injectors? I do hear the fuel pump working when I turn on the ignition.

No. If you have enough electricity to turn the engine, then you have enough electricity to drive the injectors.

Assuming you:

1. Replaced the fuel hose on your fuel pump correctly with no leaks.

2. Plugged every wiring connector back in fully and correctly.

3. The fuse for the fuel pump is not burned out.

4. Reconnected the fuel hose connection to the elbow under the tank correctly.

Then it is most likely that you have a bad fuel pump. Given its age, this is not out of the realm of most likely.

You can easily verify this possibility by cranking the engine for a good 5 seconds and then get down and SNIFF the exhaust pipe opening. If you do not smell the very strong smell of petrol, then you have no pump pressure.

I would check the things I listed above again just to be sure, as a new fuel pump is an expensive part.

Good Luck!

No. If you have enough electricity to turn the engine, then you have enough electricity to drive the injectors.

Assuming you:

1. Replaced the fuel hose on your fuel pump correctly with no leaks.

2. Plugged every wiring connector back in fully and correctly.

3. The fuse for the fuel pump is not burned out.

4. Reconnected the fuel hose connection to the elbow under the tank correctly.

Then it is most likely that you have a bad fuel pump. Given its age, this is not out of the realm of most likely.

You can easily verify this possibility by cranking the engine for a good 5 seconds and then get down and SNIFF the exhaust pipe opening. If you do not smell the very strong smell of petrol, then you have no pump pressure.

I would check the things I listed above again just to be sure, as a new fuel pump is an expensive part.

Good Luck!
Thank you. There is no fuel smell, sadly.
I will try to clean the injectors to be certain but I think it is the pump :/

Thank you. There is no fuel smell, sadly.
I will try to clean the injectors to be certain but I think it is the pump :/

I assume you've already tried this, but I read through the thread and could see no mention, so just in case...

on my B11, when I suspected I had a fueling problem, I just pulled the fuel line and turned the ignition on. the system will prime by sending two or three little squirts of fuel from the pump - you'll hear the pump as well. it's easy to try, and it will tell (though not definitively, pressure matters and is not easy to see like this) you what end of the system is giving you trouble. have something to handy to catch the fuel.

I assume you've already tried this, but I read through the thread and could see no mention, so just in case...

on my B11, when I suspected I had a fueling problem, I just pulled the fuel line and turned the ignition on. the system will prime by sending two or three little squirts of fuel from the pump - you'll hear the pump as well. it's easy to try, and it will tell (though not definitively, pressure matters and is not easy to see like this) you what end of the system is giving you trouble. have something to handy to catch the fuel.
Ooh, easy to do as you say. I'll give it a go when I can next get to the bike. Thanks!

I Finally got onto this.

Right so the story so far:

Bike wouldn't start.
Li-ion down to 9v. I slow charge it.
Charged, won't start. Plugs dry.
I suspect filter hoses perished. I replace.
Still won't start, plugs dry.
I buy new AGM battery.
Take tank off for one more look see.

Derp.

I'm guessing I need to replace it all from tank to injectors? It's probably sealed at the T junction, right?

Attachments

• 20220905_131319.jpg
    20220905_131319.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 13
That is a specialized type of nylon fuel injection hose that requires specific tools.

You can buy it online but last time I checked they were close to $200 or more for the tool kit.

You may just be better off economically by far, taking her to a fuel injection repair shop and having them replace the damaged piece.

345E22B2 81A9 4376 BE22 2C47E7BFDD20

That is a specialized type of nylon fuel injection hose that requires specific tool
That is a specialized type of nylon fuel injection hose that requires specific tools.

You can buy it online but last time I checked they were close to $200 or more for the tool kit.

You may just be better off economically by far, taking her to a fuel injection repair shop and having them replace the damaged piece.

Thanks for the super fast reply!

Yeah, I'm now looking at getting that section replaced.

Same thing happened to me on my Stelvio, thanks to my overall inability. You can get the entire fuel line from Guzzi for $80

The price I see in the UK is £120 ($140), but I have a replacement piece of nylon hose. I'm told that I need to cut the old one off, warm the new stuff in boiling water, and then push it on.

Personally I'm not feeling too safe with that idea so will get it professionally repaired.

The price I see in the UK is £120 ($140), but I have a replacement piece of nylon hose. I'm told that I need to cut the old one off, warm the new stuff in boiling water, and then push it on.

Personally I'm not feeling too safe with that idea so will get it professionally repaired.
That hose is a bit like using PEX for plumbing. The hose will shrink back down to original size and make a tight connection. Try it first. If it leaks then take it somewhere. If the connection isn't good, it will show up immediately once pressurized.

EDIT: Just checked the fuel swirl, looks like I have to take the filter out again, it isn't sealed somewhere.

I am fucking over it with this bike right now.

Changed the fuel pipe, won't start either on the old batt or the new one. Plugs still dry. I used proper fuel pipe and clamps, didn't trust the cheap plastic stuff. Same internal bore.

I guess now I have the injectors cleaned and if no go, I send it to someone to sort it for me. I just don't get why it was a-ok in January and won't start in June.

To add to my annoyance, the MFD button has stopped working...

Last edited:
Back