• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Crash Test!

FrostBittenCanadian

Cruisin' Guzzisti
GT Contributor
The factory bags and engine bars are very good at protecting the bike in a crash as I found out about 4 weeks ago, In case anyone ever wondered about this.
FBC

Attachments

• IMG_0787.JPG
    IMG_0787.JPG
    420.1 KB · Views: 786
I wore the front tire down too far and had it let go in a relatively low speed turn a couple weeks ago. Didn't have the bags on, but the mounting spools did a tremendous job and don't even look too bad. The hand guard is scraped but still sound. The crash guard did it's job, but certianly has a flat spot on the outside. I'll sand it off and paint at the next oil change (don't want to take it off the bike right now).

It was painfull to hear her sliding, and see her laying on the road, but now the new is gone and I don't have to be so worried.

By the way, I can highly recommend the Motoport Kevlar mesh riding gear and Held gloves, both came through largely unscathed.

Keith

FrostBittenCanadian said:
The factory bags and engine bars are very good at protecting the bike in a crash as I found out about 4 weeks ago, In case anyone ever wondered about this.
FBC

Yikes! :eek: What happened?

Bruce

Well,Heading north through an intersection in downtown Toronto and the woman turning left from the southbound direction decided to turn in front of me and stop in front of me when she saw me. I managed to brake and swerve around the front end of her car,but I was trying to do too much at the same time on a mass of streetcar tracks and lost the front end as I cleared the car. I almost made it(famous last words), my own damn fault really,though I did manage to avoid splaterring all over the front end of her car,happy about that! damage and injuries fairly minor. Bruce,Keith how you guys doing by the way? You weren't hurt were you Keith?
Doug

FrostBittenCanadian said:
Well,Heading north through an intersection in downtown Toronto and the woman turning left from the southbound direction decided to turn in front of me and stop in front of me when she saw me. I managed to brake and swerve around the front end of her car,but I was trying to do too much at the same time on a mass of streetcar tracks and lost the front end as I cleared the car. I almost made it(famous last words), my own damn fault really,though I did manage to avoid splaterring all over the front end of her car,happy about that! damage and injuries fairly minor. Bruce,Keith how you guys doing by the way? You weren't hurt were you Keith?
Doug

Well, I'm glad you were not badly hurt and the damage was minor, Doug. From Keith's account, it looks like he came through it okay as well. I've been having an excellent summer. My Stelvio is running really well and my wife and I went to Europe, where we had a fantastic trip through the Alps with Edelweiss Bike Travels. They had no Guzzis, so we had to resort to a BMW. :D It was a very nice bike - smooth and comfortable.

Best regards,

Bruce

Not a scratch, Doug. Glad you're ok, that could have been nasty if you'd hit her car and gone over the front.

Keith

kmartin said:
I wore the front tire down too far and had it let go in a relatively low speed turn a couple weeks ago. Keith

Glad you said that. My front tire has about 12,000 miles on it and is getting pretty thin ... I promise not to ride the bike again UNTIL I mount a new tire up there! I was trying to push it as far as it would go but that's obviously not a good plan.

Thanks for the "operating experience"!

Lannis

Back