• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Create your own Guzzi

2014-ctx1300-blue.jpg

It's worth noting that the Honda CTX1300 has an across the frame V4 with the exhausts facing outwards and the fuel tank believe it or not is actually under the seat. OK I don't find the styling appealing at all but Honda knows how to engineer stuff.
I own a CTX. It looks much better in person . I actually chose it over the 1400 California. The V4 has less power but more torque and just takes off smoother. Plus it was more comfortable for going long miles. Though Japanese it still has Italian quirks like have useless compartments and looking through the mirrors were an afterthought. But even with the quirks it is all function like LED lighting that resemble death rays, good aerodynamics, a bulletproof motor and starts every time with zero worries.
30fa704606d6fbd3ede1c931fcb9cdca_zpsxovbdult.jpg

I like this kind of setup. Seems like air cooling would be better as it is not preheated by the exhaust. Keeping the pipes in tight so nobody gets burned may require some tricks. The inlets could be a straight shot from an under tank airbox and the fuel tank could go down behind the engine where the inlet is now so there should be good fuel capacity. I hate small tanks. This setup is one I had never thought about. They could even do a performance model with DOHC driven by a chain or belt off the front of the crank. So many possibilities.
On a separate issue. Another 'out of the box' idea
Mandello racing(V2), Motus motorcycles(V4) and Honda (V4) are building across the frame engines with the exhaust and inlet ports rotated 90 degrees.
BMW has already done this with the latest boxer twin engines. (have a look at the new R1200R photos)
This maintains the across the frame layout we all love but the riders knees can move further forward (no throttle bodies in the way) and the engine can be moved forward to the front tire because the exhausts no longer get in the way. The end result is a shorter wheel base, less reach to the bars and better forward weight bias.
I find the engine block castings unattractive and the side exhausts do a good job of covering those..
MAS12-05.jpg
Following on from this previous chat.
I had a thought.
It's a bit 'out there' but here goes:
OK, so the area above the engine is only an air box because the fuel tank is behind the engine yeah?
What if the engine was mounted to the frame using flexible engine mounts (that isolate vibration and allow the engine to move freely like a car) and the air box is mounted SOLIDLY to the engine block?
The air box could have an aggressive, forward facing, ram air duct styling. (Think 60's American muscle car or fighter jet).
When the engine is idling the air box and engine would visibly shake from side to side and when accelerating, the air box would snap left to right every time you changed gears.
Of course this serves no functional purpose but I think it would be insane to look at. It would definitely add to the visceral feel of riding an Italian V Twin and is something that could not be replicated by a conventionally mounted engine.
You wouldn't have trouble getting attention at traffic lights that's for sure.
The combination of:
- Side facing exhausts
- Ram air box
- Shaking engine/air box
would definitely give it a muscle bike feel reminiscent of the 60's American muscle cars and attract a lot of new buyers that weren't the Guzzi 'type'.

There's my fantasy bike.
WDYT?

A Griso, but with more of the dimensions of a KTM SuperDuke. The Giso is a fun naked bike, it's just BIG. I'd love that same engine/drivetrain in a smaller, more nimble package. I even think it could sell really well.

Someone else mentioned Guzzi needing to ditch the retro styling...I'd say keep a few models around, but with the ability to make Guzzi that looks like the attached picture, they could aim right for the heart of Ducati and give them a real run for their money.
image-jpg.6469

Back