Ridemalibu Motorcycle Rentals & Tours – Los Angeles CA
  1. Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. In SoCal? See the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have are already answered on the Forum with FACTS, NOT OPINIONS. PLEASE DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back if you are posting elsewhere on the web. Note there's decades of Guzzi hands-on experienced help on this site, all whom give endless amounts of their time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL! There is zero tolerance on personal attacks and off-site links to other Forums or competing products. Also be sure to click on the STORE link also above for our 600+ product inventory, including many of our 100% Made-in-house-USA GTM products and engine kits. We appreciate the consideration, understanding and your business... past and future. And if you haven't seen our MotoCycle (not) art, click on the BUILDS tab above to see our work at our sister business; GT MotoCycles® -- WE ARE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED.

Current options for narrower bars (shorter rider as well)

Discussion in 'Griso-Bella Chat & Tech' started by archercc, Feb 24, 2014.

1. archercc

archercc Tuned and Synch'ed

I'm looking for suggestions for shorter bars, the current ones seem a little wide so coming in an inch or two would be very welcome.

The catch is I don't want to make the riding position more aggressive, I would like to keep it upright and without having to reach too far forward. The current set isn't much of an issue for me but I will be loaning this bike to my dad a lot and he isn't nearly as tall, I know the reach for the current bars would wear on him.

2. Indefatigable

Indefatigable Tuned and Synch'ed

Re: Current options for narrower bars (shorter rider as well

Try Rizoma Bars. They have several flavors that many here use.

3. GTM®

GTM® Administrator Staff Member GT di Razza Pura

Per my direct e-mail as well, many of the current Motocross bars that are 1-1/8" in the center, and taper down to 7/8" at the grips can be used. Pro-Taper is the biggest brand Stateside, but many of the Euro versions are exact (metric) fit.

4. GuzziMoto

GuzziMoto GT Reference GT Contributor

I have the motocross bars on my Griso and my Daytona (converted to bars). You can also use a handlebar from a V11 (a few of them, like the billybob, used bars) or a handlebar from an Aprilia. Plus, as mentioned, Rizoma makes nice bars as well as Spiegler LSL.
    I like the MX bars as mine have a cross bar (not all of them do) and I use that bar to mount my GPS via my Touratech mount.

5. jiltedjohn

jiltedjohn Cruisin' Guzzisti

I find that the stock " wide" bars give a good riding position, and are part and parcel of an overall, great handling bike . I'm 6' 3" but even with narrower bars, shorter riders would still have to reach forward the same distance.

6. Trogladyte

Trogladyte Tuned and Synch'ed

I'm looking for bars too. But my requirements are different. I want narrower and lower, giving a more aggressive riding position. I was thinking just completely straight. Anything like that available.

7. DungeonMaster

DungeonMaster Just got it firing!

Hey Trog.
    I noticed that my 1100 Griso has the Same forks as the Aprilia Falco.
    Since it sounds like I have the same concerns with riding position that you have I am going to get the low rise sport-touring clip-ons that come stock on the Aprilia Falco and install those onto my Griso.

DM

8. Trogladyte

Trogladyte Tuned and Synch'ed

Sounds cool, DM. Lets see some pics!