• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Cutting new keys?

Salishmoto

Just got it firing!
I've been reading for a while tonight and can't find anything on where you have to get new keys for the Stelvio cut? Can any good locksmith cut them, or do you have to send them to a dealer like AF1? I only have one key and have ordered a pair more. My bike still gives me the "Remember to enter a user code" message and I think the PO told me he kept it on 00000. I don't want to touch anything until I get my new keys cut. Thanks.

Thanks. I read that, but have read both my owner manual and repair manual and found nothing on how to enter the first code. Anyway, I think I will still wait until I get my new keys cut and I'm mainly wondering who can cut these keys. I'm thinking they cannot be so special. Tons of car keys use that same style. I'm hoping I can just take the key blanks to my local good locksmith to have them cut.

I've just gone through the key cluster #%&@. Most good lock shops can cut the keys but not all of them can do the programming. If the keys are factory Guzzi keys and you have the user code it can be done on the bike. I was not given the code when I bought my bike and the key shop couldn't copy the factory keys without it. They could cut me an aftermarket key and copy it from the original so I did that. A couple days later the previous owner responded to a letter I sent in early August and supplied me with the user code so I copied the two factory keys I bought. The service code is the same for all Stelvio's. Good luck.

Ha! Sorry to hear you had a cluster #%&@! And I see you are nearby in Oregon. Bend? Anyway, I used to live in Corvallis and Portland. I've ordered Guzzi OEM keys off Amazon and so will plan on programming them myself. Still will have to find out how to do this like for the first time since the "Remember..." message comes on. Thanks much for the help.

Just south of Bend in Lapine. Before that 30 years on San Juan Island in Wa.
If you run into problems shoot me a message and I'll help walk you through it

Will do, thanks. We use to live in Friday Harbor and still keep our boat there. Small world.

you don't need two keys to change the user code, most people alter it to the last 5 digits of the VIN.

Or just use the service/maintenance code as the user code. That way only 1 code to remember. The Breva11 Service manual in the downloads gives the procedure. Same for all CARC bikes.

Or just use the service/maintenance code as the user code. That way only 1 code to remember. The Breva11 Service manual in the downloads gives the procedure. Same for all CARC bikes.
Thanks John, I was going to correct his statement of "most." I would say most use the Service code. It's a no brainer.

So I got my two key blanks but have learned that none of my local locksmiths can cut this special inside groove Stelvio keys. I'd really rather not send them off to AF1, though that may be my nearest option. I've read that maybe a VW dealer can, but I don't want to throw away expensive blanks for someone to experiment on.

I've gone ahead and decided to ship to AF1 and not screw around. I just hope to Buddha my one good key is not lost in shipping. Even though they recommend insuring it to $600, that will be of little help with loss of your one good key. Gulp.

My local shop. " Bend Lock and Safe" cut the expensive keys for me just fine. $40 for the first one and and $20 for the others. If you have the right code you can copy them right on the bike for free.

Lucky for you in Bend. I'm not needing code help as my bike doesn't even have one entered yet. It's just key cutting, which for whatever reason no local locksmith can do.

Lucky for you in Bend. I'm not needing code help as my bike doesn't even have one entered yet. It's just key cutting, which for whatever reason no local locksmith can do.

There is also a shop in Canby Or. " SOS diagnostics" that will do the job via mail and they can do the programming.

End of story here. Newly cut keys arrived a while back and they work fine. I found I only had to add the new keys and did not have to first change the user code from 00000. No problem. Sure is nice having three keys and not one! Thanks again for the tips and help.

Back