• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Dallas/Ft Worth - Another dealer drops Guzzi

DTXGuzzi

Just got it firing!
I dropped off my new(new to me) '14 California 1400 off at the local Dallas dealer, RPM Cycle, on Thursday for it's 6k service. I swing by two days later to find almost all the Guzzis gone from the showroom. I've dealt with RPM for years now with several different Triumphs and they are always great to work with. When I bought the California about 6 weeks ago in Oklahoma, I was comfortable in doing so since RPM here in Dallas could take care of the service on it. They were the only dealer in the entire North Texas area that carried Guzzi and now we have none. The closest one is in Austin which is 3+ hours away. Within 45 minutes of me in Dallas, there are 3 BMW dealers, 3 Triumph dealers, 3 Ducati dealers, 2 Royal Enfield dealers and 2 Ural dealers.

When I asked RPM why they were getting rid of Guzzi, I was told that Guzzi(and I guess Piaggio) is a real pain for the dealers to work with and doesn't provide much support. I feel like I've read this same thing on other Facebook groups or forums. Can anyone shed some light on why dealers like RPM Cycle in Dallas are dropping the brand? The Dallas/Ft Worth area has more than 7 million people living here. I just don't understand how we now have no dealer presence here and I'm sure it's the same case in other markets as well.

What RPM told you pretty well sums it up.
It doesn't make sense.

I'm not a fan of the MGX21 BUT it apparently has something that others find attractive.
I have lost count of how many people have told me they would "add one" to their stable if there were more dealers.
These are guys who have multiple bikes & money is not an issue.

What RPM told you pretty well sums it up.
It doesn't make sense.

I'm not a fan of the MGX21 BUT it apparently has something that others find attractive.
I have lost count of how many people have told me they would "add one" to their stable if there were more dealers.
These are guys who have multiple bikes & money is not an issue.

Yep, don't understand it either. Guzzi seems very popular up here north of the border. Our local dealer, International Motorsports who majors in Triumphs, seems to stock a load of Guzzis (and sell them). The smaller Vancouver outlet had at least 6 V7's in stock last week. Apparently they have sold all their 1400's including the MGX21 which the sales guy was raving about (but like trout says, it's not really my thing).

Two weekends ago I counted 2 V7's parked up on the street within 2 blocks of my house and as I rode to the end of my block, I saw an almost identical to my own Audace ride past with pillion. I can't believe Piaggio is so lousy at support - these are popular bikes - get your shit together Guzzi

Yep, don't understand it either. Guzzi seems very popular up here north of the border. Our local dealer, International Motorsports who majors in Triumphs, seems to stock a load of Guzzis (and sell them). The smaller Vancouver outlet had at least 6 V7's in stock last week. Apparently, they have sold all their 1400's including the MGX21 which the sales guy was raving about (but as trout says, it's not really my thing).

Two weekends ago I counted 2 V7's parked up on the street within 2 blocks of my house and as I rode to the end of my block, I saw an almost identical to my own Audace ride past with pillion. I can't believe Piaggio is so lousy at support - these are popular bikes - get your shit together Guzzi

Paul, I'm glad to hear it's a popular brand in your area. I'm also jealous of the amazing riding you have so close to you! From what I've noticed at the current/former Guzzi dealers in Texas and Oklahoma is that the 1400 range and Stelvios don't sell at all. The dealers have that range of bike sitting in their showrooms for literally several years. I know V7 range is more popular and sells better but I never see anyone riding them around here. I guess the upside to the larger bikes like my California 1400 Touring is they are a steal on the used market. Mine is a 2014 purchased new by the first owner in 2016. It had 5k miles on it when I bought it and I paid less than $8k for a fully loaded, like new bike with lots of extras on it. Maybe one of the worst depreciation on any new bike.

I definitely love my California after having it less than 2 months now. It's unique, has loads of character and performs very well. I just wish MG had a much stronger dealer network here in the US or at least in my neck of the woods. I'm not mechanical at all and would like the piece of mind by having a local dealer here in the Dallas area to service my bike.

Yes we are spoilt by some fantastic twisty roads here (V7 Country). My favourite is the ride to Whistler, but I love my 1400 for the same reasons you do. One good thing in favour of the California is that's it's a pretty basic bike. Very easy to work on and most independent techs should be able to do the basics like servicing etc so I wouldn't worry about that. Also your bike is well out of warranty so at least you'll be spared the hassle of wrestling with Piaggio is anything goes wrong. Given the price you paid for yours (very jealous by the way) I'd buy another for spares just in case !!! :giggle::giggle::giggle:

Back