• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Damn grips

buzglyd

Cruisin' Guzzisti
GT Contributor
When I bought my Cali, the Guzzi catalog accessories were already installed. Everything looks great and functions well except the grips.

They are just too damn slippery with a gloved hand. The spiral shape leave small uncomfortable contact points and the rubber parts are recessed. It's as if they tested them with bare hands instead of gloved hands.

Grip
I don't have the stockers. Will aftermarket grips say for a Harley, fit?

I have never been a fan of how those looked but then again I have never seen them installed. But seeing them in conjunction with the billet brake lever it looks pretty snazzy. I just bought heated grips for mine do you want my originals?

As long as you can get the stock (plastic) throttle tube without the grips, anything on the market should work. Did the billet Guzzi grips come with/on the throttle tube in the box?

I have never been a fan of how those looked but then again I have never seen them installed. But seeing them in conjunction with the billet brake lever it looks pretty snazzy. I just bought heated grips for mine do you want my originals?

Sure, they'll be a nice fall back if I can't find something that works.

As long as you can get the stock (plastic) throttle tube without the grips, anything on the market should work. Did the billet Guzzi grips come with/on the throttle tube in the box?

I don't know the answer to that. I didn't purchase any of the aftermarket stuff.

This bike was a display model and had it all pre-installed. It wasn't GP's bike either.

They purchased it from a dealer that went belly up. That's why I got such a nice deal on it.

I've got "Grip Puppies" on mine. They're great!
Anyone that rides my bike comments on how comfortable they are and how much confidence they give you.
Much better control.
You'll also see them advertised as Grip Covers. Best $12.95 accessory ever.

I've got "Grip Puppies" on mine. They're great!
Anyone that rides my bike comments on how comfortable they are and how much confidence they give you.
Much better control.
You'll also see them advertised as Grip Covers. Best $12.95 accessory ever.

I've got some grip puppies and have tried them. They help for sure but the twisted shape of this grip makes them appear a little strange.

I've got some grip puppies and have tried them. They help for sure but the twisted shape of this grip makes them appear a little strange.
Hi buzglyd, just wanted to get back to you about possibly connecting. And to anyone around so.cal., that may want to demo a Guzzi. I received an Email from bmw Escondido, they are having a BBQ today, 25th. I will go and hope to see any fellow guzzi buds. Email said they'd demo guzzi, apprilla, bmw,. Just called they said BBQ from 11 to 1:00 Web said demos 9 to 5

Hi buzglyd, just wanted to get back to you about possibly connecting. And to anyone around so.cal., that may want to demo a Guzzi. I received an Email from bmw Escondido, they are having a BBQ today, 25th. I will go and hope to see any fellow guzzi buds. Email said they'd demo guzzi, apprilla, bmw,. Just called they said BBQ from 11 to 1:00 Web said demos 9 to 5

Cool. They aren't far from me. Not sure if I'll have time but if you see a gray Custom with the chrome doodads on the bars and levers, it's probably me. I didn't buy mine in Escondido. They might boot me! ;-)

Actually I bought my K1300GT and my K1600GTL there so I've paid plenty of bills.

I didn't buy mine there either, just wanted to see their new bikes and see some accessories. My buddy may try out a Guzzi. My bike is black touring with moto cross handlebars

I didn't buy mine there either, just wanted to see their new bikes and see some accessories. My buddy may try out a Guzzi. My bike is black touring with moto cross handlebars

I was there around noon. Didn't see any other MG's around.

I test rode the Aprilia RSV4 (holy mother!) and then took off.

Back