• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Dangling "fuel" line, but not

JayWink

Just got it firing!
New memebr here, so I am hoping someone has some knowledge to share.

I own a 2011 Norge. I am recently back from a 3,000 miles trek through Teton, Yellowstone and Glacier National Parks. Great trip and riding BTW.

At my last stop for gas before getting home to Denver I notice a fuel like line (this one is not black but translucent orange with a pinch connector attached) dangling down under the right side of the bike down near where the center stand is. At start up a small amount of gas (did not seem like straight gas seemed more oily) poured to the asphalt. After running the tube / line stopped dripping.

After getting home I was investigation where it pulled free from, I was moving the line around and the whole thing pulled free. I have pulled half the bike apart - body panels, air box etc. trying to find where the two ends attach back to the bike but have had no luck. The service station manual was not helpful in this regard.

Any guidance is appreciated.

Jay

Sounds like the airbox drain line. Look to the left rear of the airbox at the bottom. There should be a molded in ferrule that it attaches to. Or, if somebody did like I did the ferrule is in the end of the hose and broken off the airbox. I went to pull the plug out of mine and it came out in my hand. Still need to fix that!

Got that tee shirt. I found a small length of fine metal (alloy) tube which pushed down the hole in that ferrule, so I could connect both together again.

Gentlemen, thank you for the responses. Luckily the ferrule is still there so that answers where one end attaches. Where foes the other end attach?

Thank you again.

It hangs down by the centerstand. Should have a plastic plug in the end. It is for catching any oil that accumulates in the airbox. You are supposed to pull the plug every checkup or more often to see if anything is in there. Some people remove the plug and leave it open. An Idea I do not approve of but it seems to do no harm. It could dribble oil on the rear tire and there is some unfiltered air that can (probably not) be sucked into the airbox. I just put 1,500 miles on mine with the hose and ferule off but I do plan on fixing it.

Thank you, there was no hose attached to the rear ferrule on the airbox so that must be it.

But one last follow up ( I hope ). My hose in question hose has spring fittings at each end - no plug. And the amount of gas/ oil that escaped at last start (which has never happened before then up was probabaly 1/4 cup maybe more- obviously far more than a tube hold. Could this be something different?

Thank you again

The spring clip should be at both ends. The bottom one should have a rubber plug. That may have fallen out. If you are getting large volumes of oil in the airbox, then you are probably over filling the engine with oil.

No oil dribbled out of mine with it off and I just changed the oil before the trip. I filled it just below 1/2 way between add and full on the dipstick and I check it with a cold engine bike upright. If you fill it to the "feel good" level of right at the full mark it will blow into the airbox. Why these companies, not just Guzzi as my Suzuki says the same, want you to go through elaborate rituals to check the oil is beyond me. IF somebody is going to check their oil level odds are they are going to do it before a ride because they are in their garage or at home or in the morning when on a trip. So I do it one time their way then see where it is cold in the morning and that is what I use. After an oil change I run it a bit to get it circulated but after that it is checked cold. My experience with the Norge is very little difference but some.

Back