• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Dash interchangeable?

NPS

Cruisin' Guzzisti
GT Contributor
I'm wondering if anyone knows if the Breva 1100 and 1200 dashes are interchangeable?

I have secured a brand new 1200 dash for low money. If it doesnt work I will use its bezel and glass.

I know of at least one person who put a Breva 1100 dash on his 1200 Sport. I don't think all the features worked absolutely correctly but for the most part it did.

Reactions: NPS
It swapped over OK. Everything works. Its now showing 10 miles as its brand new.

View attachment 20510 View attachment 20509
NPS - Can you share the part number of the Dash to took off your Breva and the part number of the Dash you installed from a Sport?

There is much discussion of interchanging, but no one has posted the actual part numbers they swapped and had it all working.

I think this Breva 1100 I recently purchases may be my favorite bike and I would like to have a back up incase I ever have a problem.

I have a GU05760031 Dash (New part number is 883475) on my bike now with the push button left hand light switch.

Thanks

If you have the joystick control of the dash menu on your 1100, then the dash should work ok.

Usually the main problem with swapping is the security code, often not available with a second hand dash.

It swapped over OK. Everything works. Its now showing 10 miles as its brand new.

View attachment 20510 View attachment 20509
If you have the joystick control of the dash menu on your 1100, then the dash should work ok.

Usually the main problem with swapping is the security code, often not available with a second hand dash.

Thanks Brian.

I have the switch, (Trip 1, Trip 2, and Mode) with button on back of LH control.

I've found several dashes that use this same switch style, but are for Sports, but I am hoping someone may have made a successful swap and know the actual part numbers they switched.

It looks like Moto Guzzi part number 883346, listed for a 1200 Sport , matches of with the same LH switch (I checked part numbers) and has the same read out configuration as the GU05760031 (883475) that would be the correct part for my Breva.

By the way, adding to the adventure, my bike is a 2007 but does not have the 2007 only dash with Norge style joy stick control.

If I manage to document some of these compatible Dash part numbers I'll post it all.

The dash failures are usually the lcd screen or the stepper motors for the gauges. The stepper motors are available as Ducati uses the same ones and the lcd screen is not available. So even if you can't match the part number, provided the lcd is the same you should be able to swap it easily. I'm no technisian and I managed to strip my dash and replace the lcd. They're plug and play.

If you can find a source for the lcd screen, you would be a demi god for Breva owners. From memory even Carmo can no longer source them.

If I've erred in any of my comments, those more knowledgeable than I will soon chime in.

cheers

Robert

Here is a table of how I see potential cross over and intercahging Dashes, but need to have folks that have made the switch confirm they worked or to what level they worked. Can we assume if the LH light switch matches bike's original equipment, then the Dash will work?

Attachments

• DashCrossRef_Rev1.pdf
    36.5 KB · Views: 6
Already found another p/n to add. Appears 977883 is obsolete p/n for MPH 1200 Sport and another option.

Attachments

• DashCrossRef_Rev2.pdf
    36.5 KB · Views: 6
Back