Ridemalibu Motorcycle Rentals & Tours – Los Angeles CA
  1. Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. In SoCal? See the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have are already answered on the Forum with FACTS, NOT OPINIONS. PLEASE DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back if you are posting elsewhere on the web. Note there's decades of Guzzi hands-on experienced help on this site, all whom give endless amounts of their time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL! There is zero tolerance on personal attacks and off-site links to other Forums or competing products. Also be sure to click on the STORE link also above for our 600+ product inventory, including many of our 100% Made-in-house-USA GTM products and engine kits. We appreciate the consideration, understanding and your business... past and future. And if you haven't seen our MotoCycle (not) art, click on the BUILDS tab above to see our work at our sister business; GT MotoCycles®-- WE ARE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED.

Dashboard change

Discussion in 'BNS12 Chat & Tech' started by spawnns, Aug 3, 2016.

1. spawnns

spawnns Just got it firing!

Hi guys

After little accident I decided to change dasboard on my MG Sport1200 reg2011
    I purchased brand new dashboard from Norge (from ebay).
    When I connect it it ask for code, but pressing the litle button I cant change the number 0 to any other number. I can only verify 5x 0

The engine will start, the speedometer works, but when I press adrift u cant switch it off. The trip mode also doesnt not work propery and I cant acces the setting menu.

When I connect my old dashboard everything works normally
    any idea how to fix it ?
    many thnaks

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. kiwi dave

kiwi dave GT Reference

I'd put it back on Ebay. Probably why it was there in the first place.

3. john zibell

john zibell Moderator Staff Member GT di Razza Pura

You could try sending the dash and your 2 keys to Carmo to re-program the dash to work with the 1200 Sport. http://www.carmo.nl/ I don't know if the pin outs are different between the Norge and Sport but Carmo should be able to tell you.

4. kiwi dave

kiwi dave GT Reference

They're identical John. I've been successful installing a dash from a 1200 Sport on to a Breva 1100, so I don't see any issues here.

Personally, I would never purchase a dash without the user code being supplied.

5. john zibell

Good to know the Sport and 1100 Breva are the same. Can you confirm on the Norge? Also I agree about the use code. Shouldn't buy a dash, or a complete bike without knowing the user code.

6. spawnns

Thanks for the tip. I will try to contact them

Well I assuemed if it was new dashboad everything should be OK..... But as I see its not like that..
    BTW where can I find the user code, is it any of these numbers ?
    [​IMG]

7. john zibell

That picture does make me think it is a new dash. With a new bike, it asks you to enter a user code so that if the transponder doesn't work you can start the bike. Most owners use the maintenance code as the user code. Since this dash was never coded to your keys it may not work properly until it is coded to your keys. Again Carmo can help with this. All zeros entered is the base user code until you can enter a new one. All functions should work but I don't know why they aren't. With a USA dash, it won't read distance in Km. Carmo may be able to change that as well but I don't know for sure.

8. Bisbonian

Bisbonian Cruisin' Guzzisti

I know some people have reported that using a different dash can cause some issues although the main items work fine.

Specifically, the difference appears to be between those bikes that use the joystick to switch between dash modes and those, like the 1200 Sport, which use the button on the back of the left handlebar pod.

I believe I've read that items found on the LCD screen do not work properly and this is probably what the deal is here.

9. kiwi dave

kiwi dave GT Reference

Yes, Bisbonian, I agree with what you're saying. But there's more to it. The part number for a 2V Norge is #977523 (UK) or #977524 (EU). Harpers list the first one as well as the one shown here, #883344. Why the difference? I would have thought just mph vs kph; the other parameters can be changed by the user.

But this bike is a 2011 8v model which requires #883567 (UK) or #883568 (EU). So basically, it's the wrong part that has been purchased.

10. Bisbonian

Bisbonian Cruisin' Guzzisti

Good catch Dave, I didn't care to do that level of research and so was going off foggy memories. I have used the metric dash on my 1200 Sport with no problems (other than having to learn to convert KPH to MPH) but then my replacement dash was for the correct bike.

Since the metric dash I got another 1200 Sport dash (MPH) from eBay and ended up sending it in to Carmo to be repaired when the turn signal flasher failed.

11. Averb

Averb Tuned and Synch'ed

My experience is that the pins outs differ for some of the models. My B850 has the same dash as a Norge, when it failed I tracked down a new1200 Sport dash which mostly worked but wouldn't operate the indicators. A new Norge dash worked fine.
    Steve

12. spawnns

Thank u for all the answers guys. I see the only solution and its to send it to Carmo. Hopefuly they will sort it out