• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

dashboard interference

Tony,

I have thought of all that, but at the moment it works fine and I am trying to source another as a spare just in case. It lasts as long as it lasts. As I said earlier, I will get used to the new reading. All I can concentrate on now is 12 sleeps 'tlll we hit the apple isle, so I've assembled it and if it fails, I won't lose sleep. Mind you, I now have the experience to strip it down to the circuit board in less than 10 minutes.

As for pulling it apart, I was going to but if you look at the dash there are back ground lights. My fear is pulling it apart and not being able to put it together again, then I'd have lights poking in my eye until I find a replacement. If/when it fails and I do replace it, I will strip it down and post up lots of nice pics. Right now, I'll let sleeping dogs lie.

It'll cost near to 100 hard earned buying off Carmo. Now these things shouldn't be more than $20 including postage, so I'll look for a smashed up dash or a new stepper if it's reasonably priced. Time I have, as it's only the tacho.

I'll keep you all posted.

cheers

Robert

I think I've found some one in the States, he's just checking compatibility at the moment but hasn't mentioned price yet and he is slow (2 weeks to reply to my first email). We'll see.

I've tried Ebay and Alibaba and nothing there is compatible and the vendors can't get the part number in question. If it shared parts with GM, I could get them by the fistful at next to nix.

The guy I've contacted I got through the Ducati forums. Apparently some of them share the same part.

part no. X15.689 also compatible with XB5.689, X27.689 and I think X25.689

The original is mage by Switech part of the Swatch group but so far I can't get through to them.

thanks Tony

Robert

Edit:
below is the Switech PDF. Scroll down a bit

Attachments

• stepper motor.pdf
    197.4 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:
Thanks Tony

I'll chase them up and report back. Right now I'm prepating for a boys night out on the bikes.

Weather is good, bike is good, I feel good, but I will over eat as usual.

Have a geat weekend

Robert

Per request, we have the newest revision X27.689 motors on the way here. They will be ready to ship out within 1-2 weeks.

Not too bad if it fixes your problem. Like I said before - dash guru...

At last.

I feel like I've been playing a game of Twister the last few months but it's finally over. Thanks to Justin at Tanin Auto I ordered two steppers and fitted one today (the other is a spare). Although it's a different part number - ...27 instead of ...25, it works perfectly. I finally have a fully functioning bike.

Thanks to all who have taken part in this journey with words of wisdom and encouragement, it all helped.

Now to ride and ride...and ride...............and ride.............................................and ride..........................................................and ride.

cheers

Robert

The post that wont die.

I had to strip the dash out again this weekend.

People, be very careful on re-assemble. I left a big, FAT, ugly finger print in the middle of the tacho display. The good news is only 15 minutes to strip, clean and re-assemble.

It bothered me greatly to look at, like a sore thumb, but it's all good now :D:D:clap::clap:.

Robert

Only red - AND a South Orstralian Shiraz from Mclaren Vale, Barossa or the Clare Valley, to boot. No common plonk here. Reminder to self - Work on bike parts before the sun gets over the yardarm... Saves having to remove red wine fingerprints

Back