• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Death Valley again in 2013 - Nov. 1-3

GTM®

Administrator
Staff member
GT di Razza Pura
Penned in -- November 1-3 -- Death Valley Guzzi Gathering. This started as a Stelvio/Quota event, but all are welcome. Sound off below.

Re: Death Valley again in 2013? Nov. 1-3

I'd love to make it. Odds aren't with me, but we'll see.

It was 1976. My first long trip with no destination in mind (I was not even aiming for Death Valley when I started). I've always considered this to be the prototype for a lifetime of motorcycle trips. November would be a good time to be there.
deathvalley18.jpg
deathvalley19.jpg

That is probably a good time of year to go. Only thing I wonder about is that Death Valley Encampment, which fills the park, is Nov 7-11, and the "pre-encampment", with lots of activities, Nov 4-6. While the dates do not overlap, I would suspect that perhaps a lot of those folk might start arriving the same weekend we are there, perhaps make accomodations hard to get?. Maybe the prior weekend, Oct 25-27, might avoid that? Perhaps a phone call to Furnace Creek Ranch to get a feel for that? I have no plans for either weekend.

As usual I'm a bit late to the happenings. But yes would love to join again this year!

Finances and work permitting, I should be there. I may combine this with the IBA Memorial Ride, which concludes that weekend. If anyone wants to combine this with a Saddlesore for the Memorial event, let me know...

I would imagine it would be a good time to start making reservations. Is this event inked for Nov 1-3? Where is everyone staying? Stovepipe or Furnace Creek? And is anyone camping ... besides me?

Robert

Rather underwhelming response. to say the least. As an FYI, in the past we have stayed at the cabins Furnace Creek Ranch first choice, then when those run out the FC regular motel rooms. The cabins enable you to park your bike right next to the cabin rather than in a big parking lot. Not sure about my own participation right now, may know more in a week or so. Off hand I can't recall anyone camping-I certainly don't.

I just booked my cabin for 1-3 Nov. For anyone that was thinking that the previous weekend was better, it isn't. Not a room available at the cabins or the motel. Didn't check the inn. If you are undecided about going (Guzzi Bob), better to book a room/cabin now and cancel or get it to someone else, if you can't make it.

Mike

Glad you said something quota! I just made my camping reservations and there aren't a whole lot of choices left. Seems like it's going to be a busy weekend!

Looking forward to meeting everyone!

Robert

I just booked my cabin, in on the 1st, out on the 3rd. See you guys then.

Dare I ask, should we do T-shirts?

Well i found the "bookface" page and joined and also made reservations at the camp site, you know you can buy two Michelin's for the cost off rooms, that cuts into my riding miles.

It also has occurred to me that this could be personal "Big Year" for rallys and NAR alike, I did north Oregon,doing Nevada and California and now Death valley. Nata Rally doesn't count....

See you all soon, Pierre

I also t booked a cabin for Friday 11/1 and Saturday night. And It's not cheap.

JP

I should be able to get over there - at least as a long day trip from Las Vegas! I'll post more as my plans get defined...

Just booked a standard room w/ 2 queens at the Ranch. Use AAA if have it as it drops the rate from $179 to $161. Let me know if want to share the room. Looking forward to seeing you guys there. Mike

rmance said:
So ... Do we have a plan B in case the park is closed (sigh)
Since the hotels are privately owned, and only specific areas are potentially close-able, I'd think we're safe. Perhaps if I have time today, I'll call and ask.

guzzibob wrote in another thread:
Note that first weekend in Nov is also the weekend of our Death Valley run. Govt shutdown or no, Furnace Creek Ranch will be open and running.

GT-Rx wrote:
Thanks Bob. So can we get to any parts of the Park then do you know, or will everything be behind locked gates?
guzzibob wrotef
All I know is that per FC Ranch web site they will be open, and state highway that allows you to get there will be open. I would expect Scotty's Castle and other things run by park service to be closed. Don't know about side roads to this & that. I would guess that a call to the Ranch would get more information, inc which roads are open, which not. Course if the petulant children that we the people send to Congress get off their dead asses before the end of the month then this would all be moot.

Back