• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Death Valley again in 2013 - Nov. 1-3

I called furnace creek and checked around elsewhere on line. I gather most roads other than 190 are closed, apparently including the roads through Badwater & to Scotty's Castle. Not sure about road to Beatty. Road in to park through Trona is closed due to flood damage, irrespective of the park closure. Looks like only way in from CA side is 190 from 395 through Panamint Springs. I would suspect 190 from Nevada side through Death Valley Junction also open. Other than 190 open & the Trona road closed, seems to be a lot of uncertainty. Since the cancellation deadline at FC is only 48 hours, I think I would hold off until it gets closer, then ask again, by which time people should know better. Maybe things will change.

Bob, thanks a ton for the phone work. Yes, agreed lets let it get closer before making a decision. Never know what will happen between now and then.

Well, I will be there for Saturday and Sunday replete with Guzzi swag from the shop, as long as anyone else is going. Not sure whether I'll head out late Friday or at 0-dark-stupid on Saturday morning....

Also not sure whether I will be staying in the park or in Beatty. Anyone looking for a roomie (I snore but don't smoke :cool: )?

For sure there will be others there-there meaning FC Ranch. Not sure if anyone else needs a roomie. For sure staying in Beatty would be a lot cheaper, esp if you have to spring for a room for yourself-but you will also miss out on a lot at night if you are not staying at the ranch. Based on last year, there will be serious drinking and conversation well after sunset, so unless you are up for taking the long ride to Beatty in the very, very dark, sober or otherwise.......

Well, looks like I'll come out very early Saturday and meet you all for breakfast. I'll be staying at FCR Saturday night.

If some one has an approximate count of participants, let me know so I can bring along enough hats, lanyards and other stuff...

I'm in, but I'll be arriving on Friday mid-day, and leaving Saturday afternoon, as I have to fly out from LAX on Sunday.

If anyone needs/wants a cabin for Saturday night, let me know before I cancel this week.

Also, just in from Glenn M:
I just discovered that all roads into DV are closed except 190 from the 395. Hopefully Badwater road to the south entrance will be open by friday. More info; http://www.nps.gov/deva/loader.cfm?csMo ... eid=439529

ITSec said:
If some one has an approximate count of participants, let me know

I count 8 on this thread who one time or another said they were coming, plus Glenn and friends and Pro Italia folk totaling as many as 7 more. Course, you never know who will actually show.

Sure I was counting you, Quota Mike, cause you posted early on in this thread. But not the 1 or 2 with you that you mention-unless they also posted here on their own, that would be additional. Would the 1 or 2 include anybody I know, perhaps from Baker?

Also as for Glenn's report about road access to the park as posted by Todd-I believe that does not include access east from the Nevada side, meaning via Scotty's Castle, Beatty, Death Valley Jct. Those seem to be open, while for those of us coming from the west, as Glenn notes only 190 through Panamint Springs, and maybe the Badwater road are options. In any case use the link in Todd's 10/26 post to the National Park morning report as that is updated daily and includes their near term plans for road clearing/opening.

I'm definitely coming as well. I have a campsite reserved for Friday & Saturday night. My plan so far is to take the 395 to the 190. I'm leaving Hollywood right after work on Friday, sometime around 3, and should get to DV around 8'ish. Are there meeting plans for Saturday morning?

Sure looking forward to this!

Robert

guzzibob said:
Would the 1 or 2 include anybody I know, perhaps from Baker?

Yes.

It wouldn't surprise me if there were more, but don't plan on them as of now. Word has been spreading about the fabled yet elusive, Guzzi Bob. People want to meet GuzzBob after hearing of him regaling a crowd with a mix of his sapience and farce. I've advertised that next weekend at Furnace Creek might be a rare chance for them to be enchanted by him.

You calling me a sap? Or is this turning in to a Mensa meeting? Anybody got a dictionary? Can't wait til this weekend to find out.

rmance said:
should get to DV around 8'ish. Are there meeting plans for Saturday morning?

Robert

Plans? This is a Not A Rally, there ain't no plans! When you get in check for the semi (or more) drunken group of rowdies gathered maybe near the cabins, or maybe the fire pits outside the general store. We'll make up some "plans" somewhere along the line.

So Todd, this mean you are not coming at all? As for the roads being "dismal," I think that depends on what you want to do. Looks to me that all the roads to the main attractions, which are mostly on or near paved roads, or just short dirt stretched, look open to me. Main problem seems to be limited entry routes to park (no Trona route), and some of the dirt roads-which may be important to some of us, but not those who mostly stick to paved.

What a fantastic weekend! Thank you so much to whoever organized this thing ... awesome job. Really happy to meet all of you at last.

Looking forward to another 'this is not a rally, there are no plans' event.

Robert

Back