• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

disappointed

impalablue

Just got it firing!
Well, after encouragement from several Guzzi-loving friends as to how Guzzitech was a great place to share information, I make my first post (Stone muffler mod). I kind of thought that I would get some friendly and useful advice about some options and needed changes with respect to fuel delivery. And I did get one useful reply (thanks!) but I also go a bunch of lectures about how I should just learn to drive instead of getting loud pipes. Wow. Well, just for the record, I disagree about the value of loud pipes (although it is true that you cannot depend solely on them); they don't have to be so obnoxious that you "piss" people off (especially if you drive in a reasonable manner); and I've got 30+ years of driving bikes in traffic without a single accident, so I'll be happy to testify as to the value of defensive driving.

Does anyone care to comment on my question about mufflers?

Hi impalablue,

your friends are correct about this site. You didn't get the info you wanted probably because no one has an answer for you ATM. The answers you don't like about noisy pipes are not meant to be a slur on you, just another persons opinion. If you read some of the other posts you will see how things often sidetrack or digress. But I have never seen an insult on the site. You may not have gotten your suitable answer this time, but maybe next time you will.

Relax a little, post often, and enjoy the occasional poke in the ribs. It's all friendly stuff.

cheers

Robert

On behalf of myself... (and prob. most other members) I didn't reply because I didn't have an answer to help you out with. Don't really see where my personal view on Griso pipes would be of use;)

In regards to the responses you did get, they were irellevant/irreverent to what you asked but I'm sure meant to help.
Its been a long winter... don't be shy about "telling us to piss-off" if we misunderstood and offered unneeded "advice". We still mean well.

Welcome to the board, post often. We all benefit from different input from different experiences.

I didn't respond because racerX covered it. There are not many options for moto guzzis that are bolt on. the La franconi's are bolt on and louder than stock. Not obnoxious, just loud enough to sound F'in great. I plan on buying a set the next time I have $600 burning a whole in my pocket. Bub not longer makes MG cali/stone/etc pipes. If you do the extra work some universal pipes can be stretched and mounting brackets can be made, but it is most of our opinion the Lafranconi comps are the only real option.

So that we don't fracture the question, I'll respond again on your original post.

Agostini's also propose a muffler replacement for the California (and I presume Stone). Damn good-looking too.

Other than that, I agree that the only lives that loud pipes really save (and even then...) are the lives of (elderly) pedestrians and maybe a few animals who didn't cross because they heard something coming.

RJVB wrote:
Other than that, I agree that the only lives that loud pipes really save (and even then...) are the lives of (elderly) pedestrians and maybe a few animals who didn't cross because they heard something coming.

Ha! Sunday while turning right at a traffic light in a down-town area a pedestrian was *about* to cross in front of me. A little Clutch-in, double tap (OK, double HEAVY tap) on the throttle stopped him in his tracks.

That would not have happened with my stock G can, but the GT-RX saved his ass.

Ed in NJ

Hmmm, and a little honk on the horn wouldn't have had the same effect? (you saw him ... or is a good double tap on the throttle something you do at every similar occasion? :p)

Back