• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

DISCONTINUED ALARIS/Centurion/VDSTS Info - Instructions

Re: VDSTS Info - Instructions

delburnman said:
My Bellagio has a 5AM brain. VSDS correctly recognised this and all it's pretty guages seem to work just fine. Magic.

When I hook up and do the above it tells me that my TPS is set to 3.7 degrees at idle. If I perform the TPS Reset and follow the on screen instructions it still reads 3.7 degrees at idle.

I'm in the process of constructing a manometer to go the next step and actually twist a screw or two.
Bike is idling well, I'm happy with idle RPM. Bike did seem to accelerate better and run a little smoother after the reset.....All good!

My Question 1 is: Should I be worried about that 1 degree difference at idle ???????????? :blink:

I was reading up on your TPS position being 3.7º whereas on the Stelvio has the same MM 5AM ECU having 4.7.
On the VDST software this TPS value is the potentiometer reading. (Floating value)
When TPS reset is done it tell the ECU your idle (Start) position and follows the mapping from that reference point.

Having done a few tests with the VDST I was wondering what would be your “Stepper Motor” value?
This value is usually taken when engine is hot.

The VDST can monitor this value by selecting …… on the graph page Option / Mode and turning on Stepper (Close loop), (Initial), and (Delta)
Initial value is usually 100.
The Stelvio ECU has a fix idle 1150rpm set point.
This 1150rpm value is attained by opening /closing the stepper motor valve. (From approx. a 20 to 150 value).

Balancing this stepper motor value, at idle, is done with the manometer U-tube and bypass screws on the TB’s.

The Bellagio service Manual is somewhat confusing:
It would appear that 3.7 is ok see below.

In the throttle body sync section it states:

Turn the key back to "ON" and restore
the Axone session.
· Check that the "Throttle" value reading
is 4.7 +/- 0.2°. If the value is incorrect,
replace the control unit and repeat the
procedure from the start.
· Completely close the two by-pass
screws on the throttle bodies.
· Start the engine.

Then in the CO2 section it states:

On the left throttle body, using the
throttle adjustment dowel (3), adjust
the throttle potentiometer to 3.6° (+/-
0.1°) visible on AXONE.
This value corresponds to a reading of 536 mV (+/-
20 mV)

I was thinking that if you could not adjust the TPS what is the point of buying a VDST.

The thing that worries me is that the workshop maual is correct but seems to contradict itself?

Almost said:
The Bellagio service Manual is somewhat confusing:
It would appear that 3.7 is ok see below.

I was thinking that if you could not adjust the TPS what is the point of buying a VDST.
The thing that worries me is that the workshop maual is correct but seems to contradict itself?

The VDST will accurately give you the TPS value in º's and gives you all sort of information.
Temperature, pressure, fuel trim ......its a matter of interpreting the values.

When adjusting the Stelvio's TB on idle I keep an eye on the rpm value, TPS value, stepper motor values and a U-tube while adjusting the by-pass screws.
At +/- 3000rpm ..... I check rpm, U-tube ..... and adjust the TB connecting rod set screw.
I for one would'nt be able to work without the VDST.

Attachments

• VDST.JPG
    VDST.JPG
    152.3 KB · Views: 2,176

:eek: Conflicting info in the Bellagio manual??? Doesn't surprise me. :whistle: The Italians backed both sides during the war. Manual also specifies 15RC instead of 5AM, tubeless instead of tubed etc.

3.6 sounds like a nice number to work with, much closer to reality and bike really is running well. Will play with the screws and VDSTS next weekend and see what I end up with.

Just sad they dropped the Bellagio...I blame the Americans for that! Bloody design rules! :(

john zibell said:
boptone1 said:
I'm seriously confused with all this VDST stuff. I had my TPS re-set at the dealer (to make it a bit richer) and when I checked it on my system at home the Alfalin_0 read 4.0. I need to know how to set this thing up so I can read correctly. I've read an re-read the instructions many times but obviously I'm doing something wrong. I even talked to TechnResearch. I think their written directions lack for a decent English translation. I've been using the system for a year and a half on my Cal Vintage (without the Alfalin_0 change) but now am worried that I've not been using it correctly. Can anyone help me figure this complicated mess out? Thanks in advance.

I worked an a Cal Vin last weekend. With the CAL Vin I could not do an electronic reset. I'm thinking the 15RC ECU in the cal vin has a slightly different setup from the small blocks. I've got a question into MGNA on the correct procedure to set up the CAL Vin. When I get a response I'll post the information on the forum.

Hey John

Did you ever get an answer from MGNA on the correct procedure to set up the Cal Vin? Using Centurion, I'm able to reset my TPS as per the instructions (i.e. I get a "PASS" result), but the AlPalin_0 remains at 2.3 whereas I believe the correct figure is meant to be 3.1. The value does not change when I twist the throttle, whereas the TPS reading varies from 3.7 - 84.4. I don't understand what this AlPalin_0 is representing.

kiwi dave said:
john zibell said:
boptone1 said:
I'm seriously confused with all this VDST stuff. I had my TPS re-set at the dealer (to make it a bit richer) and when I checked it on my system at home the Alfalin_0 read 4.0. I need to know how to set this thing up so I can read correctly. I've read an re-read the instructions many times but obviously I'm doing something wrong. I even talked to TechnResearch. I think their written directions lack for a decent English translation. I've been using the system for a year and a half on my Cal Vintage (without the Alfalin_0 change) but now am worried that I've not been using it correctly. Can anyone help me figure this complicated mess out? Thanks in advance.

I worked an a Cal Vin last weekend. With the CAL Vin I could not do an electronic reset. I'm thinking the 15RC ECU in the cal vin has a slightly different setup from the small blocks. I've got a question into MGNA on the correct procedure to set up the CAL Vin. When I get a response I'll post the information on the forum.

Hey John

Did you ever get an answer from MGNA on the correct procedure to set up the Cal Vin? Using Centurion, I'm able to reset my TPS as per the instructions (i.e. I get a "PASS" result), but the AlPalin_0 remains at 2.3 whereas I believe the correct figure is meant to be 3.1. The value does not change when I twist the throttle, whereas the TPS reading varies from 3.7 - 84.4. I don't understand what this AlPalin_0 is representing.

Look a little further down on page 4 of this thread (the page the above quote is from).

John

Just recently got the Centurian S and set it up on my laptop. Carlos and Sandros from Technoreasearch tech support were not only helpfull, but genuinely interested in getting it right. If you have any issues, just call them. I reset the TPS on my new Norge, and found a noticable performance improvement.

Cheers
Walter

I'm a little confused with exactly how to reset the TPS on my 2001 V11 Sport with the 15M ECU.
Anybody have good instructions on how to do it? As far as disconnecting the sync bar that goes between the 2 TB's, how does is that removed? Mine seems to be on very tightly, and it seems as if I force it, something may break. That ball joint seems kind of fragile.
Ken

Moto Fugazzi said:
I'm a little confused with exactly how to reset the TPS on my 2001 V11 Sport with the 15M ECU.
Anybody have good instructions on how to do it? As far as disconnecting the sync bar that goes between the 2 TB's, how does is that removed? Mine seems to be on very tightly, and it seems as if I force it, something may break. That ball joint seems kind of fragile.
Ken

Pretty much the same procedure as the Cali on page 4 of this thread. You loosen the screws on the TPS and move it to get the desired reading. As for the sync bar, I haven't looked at a sport in some time. It only needs to be disconnected if you are going for the initial 150 mV reading at fully closed throttle plate.

Thanks John!
Is there a trick or method of removing the sync bar/connecting rod? I gave it a tug the other day, and it seems to be on there tight. I'd hate to break it trying to remove it.

I haven't laid eyes on one for some time. I wouldn't want to speculate. Hopefully someone who has removed one recently will chime in.

It finally cooled down enough to where I could adjust TPS and balance TB's (we've had 90-100f the past few weeks). Thanks for all of the help and info with the VDSTS everybody. However, more questions:
What does the fuel trim do exactly? Does it affect fueling throughout the entire rev range, or just at idle? I've read to make sure it's set at 0, but was wondering what would happen if I started adding or subtracting from it. I'm assuming that adding (+) would add more fuel.
Ken

Moto Fugazzi said:
It finally cooled down enough to where I could adjust TPS and balance TB's (we've had 90-100f the past few weeks). Thanks for all of the help and info with the VDSTS everybody. However, more questions:
What does the fuel trim do exactly? Does it affect fueling throughout the entire rev range, or just at idle? I've read to make sure it's set at 0, but was wondering what would happen if I started adding or subtracting from it. I'm assuming that adding (+) would add more fuel.
Ken

The 15m is an open loop system. Adjusting the trim will impact the fueling through an RPM range, but there is no definitive information on how high the RPM will be impacted. Most of the bikes I've set up seem to do better with a negative trim, but each bike has a value that works best for that machine.

Moto Fugazzi said:
Ken

I have a MM 5AM on my Stelvio. I assume the 15M works the same
Hooking up the VDST and changing the fuel trim ....... changes the entire range. (Adding does add more fuel)
https://www.guzzitech.com/forum/160/1676.html?start=50#p37272

Milage was not so good back then .....The bike was breaking-in. I had it set to -60 and getting +/- 200km
Now at 15,000km I have it set for +20 on my bike and getting +/- 200km before the reserve light comes on.

Did anyone happen to grab the latest and greatest VDSTS PRO software off of the TechnoReasearch site before the stopped supporting it? All I have to install is the very old version on the CD when I first go the package.

Trying to get a copy to host here Wayne. I'll send it to you direct when I have it.

VDST standard users can use the Centurion-S software. VDST Pro users is not compatible, so I will host the file here in the very first post of this thread soon.

If you've purchased the Centurion-S in the last year or so, they now have a software user interface update(r) tool. See the first post of the thread, or click >HERE< to download and click >HERE< for the PDF how to. TechnoResearch is available CST 9-5 M-F for support and free online demos.
The closeout version of Centurion-S is about sold out (only a small handful left). The new version including bluetooth for smart devices is soon coming, and should retail for around $349 or so.

Contact me direct with any questions, or purchase info >HERE< on the online Store tab above under Electronics.

So I'm down to the very last five kits at the sale price; https://www.guzzitech.com/store/product/tr-centurion-diagnostics/ -- I have exactly one 15M/RC kit ('99-current 1100's and B/N/V7), one 7SM (Cal 1400) and three 5AM (ALL CARC model) kits.

Once gone, they are gone for good until the release of the new Bluetooth version, which will likely be ~$349.95 for a single ECU Kit.

Has anyone ever tried to install the Centurion software on XP running as a VM under under Linux?
Sounds silly, I agree, but the old Laptop I am planning to use has Lunix on it which my son needs so I cant simply push it off and install XP.
In theory it should work under a VM but devil is in detail.

Back