• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Do a little dance.......

Roblatt

High Miler
After much dramas with the dash, only 6 hours to go before I ride onto the canoe that will take us across the Tasman to a week of glorious riding.

No I'm not excited, I just keep running to the WC.

Robert

Is that Tassie or Un-Zud, either way you are a bastard. Enjoy!

Ps. Please post photos, lots of photos ..................... and tells us lots of stories.

Australian South Island - we live on the North. Good riding Robert

I'm back. Tassie was great. 5 left, 5 came home - always a good result.
We had storms, rain, hail, sleet, snow, muddy roads, strong wind gusts (stood me up mid corner). None of us would change a thing.
As you would expect the hardest part was coming home knowing all the chores and work waiting for us.

I'll post up some stories and pics as soon as I get a chance.

Robert

Five of us gathered at Port Melbourne to catch the evening ferry to Tasmania. It will be 5 days of riding through some pristine earth and smooth, twisty roads. There are lots of bikers doing the same thing which we met each time we stopped. Tassie really is motorcycle heaven.

While the trip over was smooth, we all struggled to sleep, some because the "deck chairs" weren't suitable (these chairs are like reclining lounges and I reckon they're good), other because they were excited. I didn't sleep at all because I'm generally a bad sleeper, add in excitement, and I spent the night talking to the ships crew - security, cleaners, general hands and, other insomniacs. These people provided good feedback as to where to go, what areas to avoid, what the state of the roads are.

We took the road to Launceston, a breif look at the motor museum which seemed larger last time, up to Scottsdale stopping at Pyengana for the night at a place called "Pub in a Paddock". It literally is. There's nothing around except a beer drinking pig, a couple of horses and a couple of locals - they're different.

The next day took us through St Helens to St Marys where we picked up the Elephant Pass. This is a tight, twisty road where if you lose concentration you crash. Onto Bicheno and across to Campbell Town and then to Hamilton where we stayed at the pub. There was no one else there and the publican told to get our own beers because he couldn't be bothered. At night, he told us to lock up when we finished because our Limoncello got to him. We did the right thing and kept a tab which we settled in the morning.

Now the good weather ends. We headed to Queenstown and then onto Strahan for night. The day started with rain. Then heavy rain. Then sleet and finally hail. Donning our wets, we all stayed dry except for our hands and feet. The roads would've been excellent except for the weather, the strong wind standing me up mid corner once, and blowing me off the seat moments later. It was scary stuff but we all survived unscathed. We normally go easy in the wet, but this time it was painfully slow because one of the group had never ridden the rain (in 15 bloody years, the woos) and the roads were tight. We kept him at the front to set the pace so as not to pressure him into keeping up. He survived so we were all happy.

Stahan, Zeehan, Rosebery was good riding. But from Tullah to the Cradle Mountain turn off was about 20km of road under repair. We were warned by the locals that mud in some spots was 12" deep, that the night before a 4WD got stuck, and that it was the only road out (that part was true). With a change of underpants we found the road had just been graded, and while quite slippery, easily passable.

Half way up to Cradle Mountain the ice warning came on the dash. It was cold. Thank goodness for the Oxfords. Top of the hill was snow. Lots of it, so we had a photo stop. There were a couple of cars off the side of the road in the ditch but no one hurt. We survived this too. The night saw us settle at a friends place just outside a town called Sheffield. A great host who is adversely affected by limoncello (home made), poor dear wore sunglasses indoors in the morning.

One of her friends took us out through some local roads on our last day. A great days riding with perfect weather and a burger for lunch at an American 50's style burger place with all the paraphernalia and decked out beautifully. This was in Deloraine.

The sail back was good too. It had to end, but it's also good to be home.

If you've read all that, you really have too much time and should be riding more. It does you so much good, I feel new.

The crew having a break.
Tassie 2014 1

Lunch consisted of home made wood fired pizza, prosciutto....... Tassie 2014 12

...and of course it ain't lunch with out one of these. Tassie 2014 14

I also supplied the lads with home made Tira Mi Su.
Tassie 2014 46

One of the pubs we stayed at. Always pick a pub with a balcony. Here is where were were told to pour our own. Tassie 2014 22

Brrr. It's cold up on Cradle Mountain. Tassie 2014 31

This seemed to be a theme. Home made vino, capocollo, salami, grapa, ......... you get the picture. We only bring what we can't buy.
Tassie 2014 52

We really are a traveling cafeteria (licensed of course).

Hope you enjoyed the story. As always there's lots more but I'll save that for the book.

cheers

Robert

Back