Ridemalibu Motorcycle Rentals & Tours – Los Angeles CA
  1. Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. In SoCal? See the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have are already answered on the Forum with FACTS, NOT OPINIONS. PLEASE DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back if you are posting elsewhere on the web. Note there's decades of Guzzi hands-on experienced help on this site, all whom give endless amounts of their time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL! There is zero tolerance on personal attacks and off-site links to other Forums or competing products. Also be sure to click on the STORE link also above for our 600+ product inventory, including many of our 100% Made-in-house-USA GTM products and engine kits. We appreciate the consideration, understanding and your business... past and future. And if you haven't seen our MotoCycle (not) art, click on the BUILDS tab above to see our work at our sister business; GT MotoCycles® -- WE ARE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED.

dropped my griso

Discussion in 'Griso-Bella Chat & Tech' started by defun, Dec 2, 2014.

1. defun

defun Just got it firing!

rainy day hit my front break next thing I know I was on the pavement. Didn't had much damage as I was coming to a stop with low speed. It has few marks on the engine valve cap and broken gear lever and no leaks or anything like that. What else should I check I am worried about the engine as I didn't had any engine guards installed. Also is there any place online I could order a gear lever. Thanks.

2. Oz1200Guzzi

Oz1200Guzzi High Miler

Bummer, defun

3. GTM®

GTM® Administrator Staff Member GT di Razza Pura

Bummer. Shhh.It Happens. Glad you are OK. This is a G8V I take it? Either way, you likely bent the valve cover bolts, and the valve cover will leak. I'd pull the cover off and inspect the o-rings and bolts. If the hit was hard enough, you may have damaged the rocker assemblies. Have it checked by a good shop if you don't feel good about doing it yourself. I highly recommend crash-bars on the 8V; https://www.guzzitech.com/store/product/hepco-becker-griso-crashbars/ -- if it's an 1100, same applies as above, with the bolts and paper gasket. Since the valve cover bolts to the head, there's likely not much other damage if the hit was light. Post some pics of the damaged area if you can.

4. defun

defun Just got it firing!

Thanks for the kind words. I have 1200 and I don't think those engine guards will work me. Here are some pics on the damage. I am planning on taking it to my mechanic and get the gear lever fixed and also check the engine for any damage. IMG_1193.jpg IMG_1194.jpg IMG_1198.jpg IMG_1200.jpg

5. GTM®

Very good, and yes the guards will work for you. I've put them on my RentAGuzzi.com G8V.
    Damage looks minor, but looks can be deceiving. See above on my recommendations.

6. Will

Will Cruisin' Guzzisti GT Contributor

Glad you're OK & bike isn't too bad. When I dropped mine the pointed end of the seat/tail bodywork snapped off right at the front where it meets the tank . I couldn't believe such a seemingly inaccessible bit got damaged in such a minor low speed drop. Replacement bodywork was expensive and the suppliers said it wasn't the first time they'd seen that 'point' snapped off.

7. damoru

damoru Tuned and Synch'ed

Not alone. Look mine:

[​IMG]

8. Ad B

Ad B Cruisin' Guzzisti GT Contributor

Aaaaah, stop this horror movie!!!
    Damn, what a horrifying picture.

9. damoru

damoru Tuned and Synch'ed

Can't stop! Can't stop! Just for horrifying purposes :D

[​IMG]

10. kampe

kampe Cruisin' Guzzisti

bloody horrible

11. grimace

grimace Tuned and Synch'ed

I had a little crash on mine a couple weeks back. Similar leak. Did your valve cover bolts end up being bent?

12. Calijackalbob

Calijackalbob Cruisin' Guzzisti

Sorry to hear you dropped your bike. If you look at the pic of the valve cover, the rubber grommet under the valve cover bolt is off centre, looks like the rocker cover moved a bit. Bolts are probably bent. Get some crash guards. Well worth the money, even though they may cost more than the parts they are protecting, they save you the inconvenience of having an inoperable bike if you drop it and damage engine parts.

13. GTM®

A customer on my RentAGuzzi Griso had an unfortunate <40 mph slide on it's side a few weekends ago. The HB crash-bar bent inwards and caused significant damage to the valve cover and bolts. Because of this, I'm building my own to offer up here. I should have info this week to post (here), and on the online Store.