• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

*&$!@ Ducati!

GuzziHero

Cruisin' Guzzisti
GT Contributor
I was on the Griso 1100 yesterday stuck behind some cars through some stupid bloody double-white lines on the B5035. A white bike cruises up behind. So once I could clear the campervan I went for it to enjoy the road. Now I could see this bike was a sit up and beg style, so I didnt expect it to keep with my low cruiser. But it did.

I dont know the road so I was pretty conservative, admittedly... 90-95 on straights, down to 70-80 for corners...and it stuck like glue. GRR. Most sportbikers can't keep up with me when I'm going for it, I had dispatched a team of about 10 of them earlier in the ride.

So I finally decided "Its your turn to lead for a while" and waved it past. Again he rode fast but conservatively, the type of speed I would do myself, and I kept with him but I gotta tell you it was a struggle on the straights. I couldnt believe it!

Now, a little about my bike... its a '57 Griso 1100cc, rated at 91hp, 79ft/lbs torque... So its less powerful than a 600cc Japanese superbike but a LOT more torque.

So I got home, a little seething about how I hadnt managed to shake this enduro style bike. I thought it was a Yamaha TDM850 or something like that.

Just had a look up... it had some distinctive features which I could pick out. Now I know what it was...

A bloody DUCATI Multistrada. At 150hp he had a clear 60hp over me. Put another way, an almost-stock Multistrada won and set a new course record this year at the Pikes Peak Hillclimb... !

So my rant is... who the hell puts 150hp into this...?

multistrada_2010.jpg

Gits! :pinch:

They are selling like hot cakes- especially the S version with Ohlins- Ducati cant manufacture them fast enough and dealers are screaming for more.

Probably dont need 150bhp in a bike like that, but I bet its fun!

And it only weighs 417 lbs dry. :lol:

Feels like one is literally flying when on the thing.

mtsecholake800.jpg

Motorcycle News comprehensively "tested" their Multistrada. Looks like they got carried away trying to get good action shots. No doubt its an impressive bike but despite its trick electronics its not idiot proof. Every rider, every bike and every corner have their limits.......but their rider forgot those simple basic facts!

http://www.motorcyclenews.com/MCN/News/ ... EPI-125763

The basic concept is excellent, it looks great, but it's far too much HiTech for me. I'll stay with my Stelvio thanks.

Haha :p I mean 57 plate of course! I think I was dithering between putting '07 or 57 plate ;)

I hadnt picked that up :p I was wondering what Series4 was on about :D

GuzziHero said:
Haha :p I mean 57 plate of course! I think I was dithering between putting '07 or 57 plate ;)

I hadnt picked that up :p I was wondering what Series4 was on about :D

I think you may have to explain the '57' bit to our colonial cousins.......

The Multi is a very clever bit of kit, but it is eye wateringly expensive..... Last month's Bike magazine ran a test between it and the GS1200 and the new Yamaha Super Tenere......

Ahh, good point. I forget that these colonials haven't yet reached our level of sophistication ;)

---
British plates are strange. They always have a year marker, originally they went from A to Y at the end of the registration sequence (missing a couple of letters), e.g ORB826K. When they got to Y they put it at the start, e.g A757MRN. Registration began for the fresh year on August 1st.

In the reg, the 2nd and 3rd letter in the group were specific to the area where the car was registered (the 1st letter and the numbers were random). For example, Stoke-on-Trent where I live was EH and VT. So a plate from round here would look something like AVT305K (this would be a vehicle from Stoke registered between August '69 and July '70). We would refer to that vehicle as a 'K plate' or 'old K plate', giving an estimate of its age.

Now coming up to millennium they realised they a. needed a new system and b. needed to produce more variations each year because of the number of cars being sold. So to get rid of the remaining letters they changed the registration to March 1st and September 1st. So T123GEH would have been registered between 1 March 1999 and 31 August 1999.

Clear as mud? :D

So the millennium came and the govt stuck with 2 registrations per year, keeping the 2 area identifiers, and randomising the hell out of the rest. They now use 01 for March-August 01, and 51 for August 01 to February 02.

So if its an 01, 02, 03 etc then its a March - August plate from that year, 51, 52, 53 is a September to February registration...

A 57 plate (mine) is a late '07 or early '08 model.

---
Sometimes I really can understand why you Americans kicked us lot out!

Back