• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Dunlop 205 110/80-18 discontinued

Rugar

Cruisin' Guzzisti
GT Contributor
Ive now had orders cancelled from two on-line tire dealers when trying to get a Dunlop 205 110/80-18
Aparantly Dunlop has discontinued this tire in this size.
Now what? Ive got a brand new Dunlop Roadsmart 150/70-ZR17 rear tire sitting here ready to be mounted, modified my 02 SS rear drive to accept the late model EV wheels I bought from Todd, and have spent a shitload of money to make this switch.

Anyone know of a dealer that might have a 205 (or two of them) of this size still in stock? This sucks! :unsure:

I'm checking now on this rumor... happens once/year.

Where have you looked so far?
They are still available, though perhaps tough to find.

http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/
Ordered the rear Roadsmart from these guys. The front 205 showed out of stock until 11/10 when I ordered. Ordered it anyway as was willing to wait for the front. A week later I get a e-mail from them telling me its been discontinued.

http://www.bikebandit.com/
Ordered a 205 from these guys a week ago. Showed in stock when I ordered. After not hearing back from them, I went back on the site this morning. It now says ships in two weeks. Called them up and was told it was discontinued from Dunlop.

Need to find one pretty fast, or I wont be able to send my rear Roadsmart back to order a pair of something else.

Just to clarify. Its just the D205 in 110/80-18 that they are saying has been discontinued. Maybe they have finally made the Roadsmart in this size to replace and haven't told anyone yet? That would be nice, but probably not with my luck.

swmototires.com has the D205 in a 120/70 X 18.

I think that's what I have on my Jackal.

Should work on the EV, right Todd?

-Jack

profwacko wrote:
swmototires.com has the D205 in a 120/70 X 18.

I think that's what I have on my Jackal.

Should work on the EV, right Todd?

-Jack

I can get the Roadsmart in 120/70-18 but was told the 120 was to wide for the EV wheels.

The rim is 2.5" wide, and won't allow the 120/70 [needs a 3.5] to bead up properly. Been there, tried that. 110/80 is the only one that works.

BikeBandit.com shows the 110/80-18 online, as does a few others.

OOPS!!

I just looked at mine and it is a 110/80 X 18.

My bad.

So I guess I'll be going to a 17" front after all.

-Jack

RacerX wrote:
The rim is 2.5" wide, and won't allow the 120/70 [needs a 3.5] to bead up properly. Been there, tried that. 110/80 is the only one that works.

BikeBandit.com shows the 110/80-18 online, as does a few others.

Ya I know bikebandit shows it, I ordered one from them. But talked to them on the phone today and was told Dunlop discontinued it and they haven't updated their web site yet.
Which other sites show it in stock?
Did you talk to Dunlop?

Discontinued Items
Dear Gerald Lair ,

Unfortunately a portion of your order could not be processed as requested. The following item(s) ordered have sold out locally and have also been discontinued by the manufacturer.

Qty SKU Description Size Color Status Price

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1 51793 D205 Sport Touring Front Tire 110/80ZR-18 -- Cancelled $106.99

These item(s) have been cancelled and will not be charged to you. If there is an alternate item you would like to substitute or if we may be of further assistance please feel free to contact us.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

Sincerely,

Customer Service
Motorcycle-Superstore.com
Email - superstore@motorcycle-superstore.com
Toll Free - 877-668-6872; press #1 for customer service

Copyright 1998-2008 Motorcycle Superstore Inc. All rights reserved.

Mr. Lair,

Thank you very much for your inquiry. This tire has definitely been
discontinued and will be removed from our site shortly. They are out of
stock here also. Please let me know if I can assist in any other way at all.

Have a great day,
Vaughn

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Wednesday, November 05, 2008 9:00 PM
To: American Motorcycle Tire
Subject: Contact from American Motorcycle Tire: Sales: In Stock?(Urgent)

Sales: In Stock?

Looking for a Dunlop 205 110/80-18 Your site shows them in stock, but others
do as well. Im being told that Dulop has discontinued this tire. Do you have
any in stock ready to ship?

Thanks, Gerald

Thank You For Your Order Gerald Lair

Your Order Number Is: 66393

Date Of Order: 11/5/2008 9:32:00 PM

Order Status: On Hold

Order Notes:

Gerald, The dunlop 205 tire is no longer available,please give us a call to discuss options. Thanks MotoXoutlet

Billing Information:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Gerald Lair

rugar89@adelphia.net

Payment Information:

Paid via Authorize.net

Credit Card Type: Visa

Name On Credit Card: Gerald Lair

Credit Card Number: ************

Shipping Information:

Shipping Method: Ground
Shipping Information Is Same As Billing.

Product Information:

Dunlop D205 Sport Touring Radial
110/80ZR18 FRT

Part#: 310326

(Qty: 2 x $103.99)

Subtotal: $207.98

Tax: $0.00

S&H: $25.00

Final Total: $232.98

Click Here To Track Your Order Via MY ACCOUNT

This email has been resent at 11/6/2008 5:51:10 PM.

Plus one other place I talked to by phone that told me the same thing. :S

Soooooooooo..............
Anyone tried a Bridgestone BT-021? It comes in the size I need, web site says its in stock, and a couple reviews I read favored it to the D205 by a few guys. Should I try running it on the front with the Dunlop Roadsmart on the rear? Or just send the Dunlop back and get a pair of these?

Opinions?

Still haven't heard back from my Dunlop guy yet... so I'll take your word for it. ;) Bummer.

I'm not afraid to say run the Slipstone front with the Dunlop rear, if you don't mind having two brands of tires on your bike... the rear will likely go 2-1 front anyway.

Back