• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Eldorado bouncy rear fender

Hey FrankZ! How did the license plate relocation go? Can you send a photo of how it looks now please?
Thanks!
Sorry it took so long to update this issue. I haven't been doing much highway riding since posting this. Also, hard to be sure whether it took care of the oscillation issue or not, seeing as it didn't do it all of the time. I'm happy to report that, after going for a lengthy ride this past Saturday, I experienced none of that oscillation, running mainly at speeds of 60 to 75 mph. I'm convinced the factory license plate mount is the cause of my problem. I had to saw off part of the original bracket to accomplish the final result. I do like how it reveals much more of the rear tire, also. After purchasing this setup, I found that Todd sells one on his store website. Had I known, I could've saved some cash using his. Here's some pictures: License Plate Relocation 1 License Plate Relocation 2 License Plate Relocation 3

I appreciate this dialog very much as the only reason I never pulled the trigger on the new 1400 Eldorado, was those damn shaking plastic fenders. It just drove me nuts and looked CHEAP! (Are you listening Piaggio?)

My California Vintage had the same thing because the stamped metal fender is only slightly thicker than aluminum foil! :D However, there was the very rigid surrounding chrome rail and with a little ingenuity, I attached them together in a classic fashion.

Problem solved.

Now, when I find a good solid fender solution for the Eldorado, I foresee one in the stable. :) So if you have found a great solution, please post pictures and descriptions!

Thank you!

1A22955E CC11 4179 B48B DFA24F743635 11713F9A 4960 4917 93BE 642AF2BAF900

I appreciate this dialog very much as the only reason I never pulled the trigger on the new 1400 Eldorado, was those damn shaking plastic fenders. It just drove me nuts and looked CHEAP! (Are you listening Piaggio?)

My California Vintage had the same thing because the stamped metal fender is only slightly thicker than aluminum foil! :D However, there was the very rigid surrounding chrome rail and with a little ingenuity, I attached them together in a classic fashion.

Problem solved.

Now, when I find a good solid fender solution for the Eldorado, I foresee one in the stable. :) So if you have found a great solution, please post pictures and descriptions!

Thank you!

View attachment 22930 View attachment 22931

Nice job, looks factory! I had to do something similar with my Eldo. Mounting tab in the back broke, fender would make a loud slapping sound when I hit a bump. You could pull up the fender about 2 or 3 inches. Turns out the broken tab is directly below the tail light housing. I drilled a hole vertically into the tail light, and used a long bolt and nut to secure it inside, after removing the lens. Total Mickey Mouse repair, been holding for a couple of years, and completely invisible.

Take a look under the rear fender along each side there ism a bracket with three holes in it the most aft one should have a body clip in it. That one needs a bolt in it to greatly reduce the bounce 8mm I think. They seem to fall out alot. I was loosing my break lamp because the bounce was killing the filaments. and it is probably the reason my wires got caught on the tyre a few years back and I had to splice them shrink tube and re-ziptie them back into place. I would add lock tight up in there to make sure it doesn't happen again. When I take the rear wheel off next I will update with pictures.

Sorry it took so long to update this issue. I haven't been doing much highway riding since posting this. Also, hard to be sure whether it took care of the oscillation issue or not, seeing as it didn't do it all of the time. I'm happy to report that, after going for a lengthy ride this past Saturday, I experienced none of that oscillation, running mainly at speeds of 60 to 75 mph. I'm convinced the factory license plate mount is the cause of my problem. I had to saw off part of the original bracket to accomplish the final result. I do like how it reveals much more of the rear tire, also. After purchasing this setup, I found that Todd sells one on his store website. Had I known, I could've saved some cash using his. Here's some pictures:View attachment 22863 View attachment 22864 View attachment 22865
What kit/parts did you use to mount the plate on the side like that I love it!!!!

What kit/parts did you use to mount the plate on the side like that I love it!
I detailed the items and procedure in post #17 of this thread. In case you're not aware, Todd offers a similar setup in his store. I bought mine before I was aware he offered one, and his costs much less.

If you reside in B.C , just keep in mind a side mounted plate will eventually get you to know your
traffic enforcement officer :) . Peter

Back