Ridemalibu Motorcycle Rentals & Tours – Los Angeles CA
  1. Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. In SoCal? See the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if we can be of help. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have are already answered on the Forum with FACTS, NOT OPINIONS. PLEASE DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back if you are posting elsewhere on the web. Note there's decades of Guzzi hands-on experienced help on this site, all whom give endless amounts of their time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL! Also be sure to click on the STORE link also above for our 600+ product inventory, including many of our 100% Made-in-house-USA GTM products and engine kits. We appreciate the consideration, understanding and your business... past and future. And if you haven't seen our MotoCycle (not) art, click on the BUILDS tab above to see our work at our sister business; GT MotoCycles® -- WE ARE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED.
  2. There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to a PRODUCT or other competing website(s), this includes personal pages, social media or other Forums. We work very hard to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. Sorry to have to do this, but we don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see our online STORE link above; GTM product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.

Eldorado Stone???

Discussion in 'Cal 1400 8V' started by Luko1, Sep 17, 2019.

1. Luko1

Luko1 Just got it firing!

Hi All

Just a random thought bubble to start a chat.
    I was thinking that an Eldorado Stone would look really good.
    The basic principle would be to start with an Eldorado but make the following changes:
    • Remove all chrome including the wheels and exhaust
    • Keep the white wall tires
    • Remove all pinstripes
    • Use Audace satin finish colors
    • Use Audace shorter exhaust
    • Remove pillion gab handle
    There'd be no development costs because its using existing models equipment and colors.
    I know the Audace is meant to be the stripped down version of the California but this different. This is lower, more laid back and old school.
    I've added a photo of a Harley with the style I'm suggesting. Sorry there was no other image I could find!!!

Thoughts on this idea?
    Would you buy it if MG built it?

Inspiration_2019_SoftailSlim_Header.jpg

2. Blaufeld

Blaufeld Cruisin' Guzzisti

Well, if with the new 850cc engine, I would very much like it!

3. Trout

Trout GT Reference

I'd like to see it.
    Concept is good.

4. GTM®

GTM® Administrator Staff Member GT di Razza Pura

While it certainly is basic enough to do, but Guzzi will never build it, as the 1400 engine is now defunct. If you like it, buy one and build it!

5. anmagu

anmagu Tuned and Synch'ed GT Contributor

It sounds like an Audace with white wall tyres, a different handlebar and floorboards

6. Mark Pintar

Mark Pintar TN Mark

Has the 1400 line officially been canned or has it been temporarily set aside while they make all the V85's they can? Piaggio has sent over a few 2019 model Spec 4 1400s. Is that just to use up whatever remaining parts they have on hand and whatever is in the pipeline that they couldn't cancel?

7. anmagu

So far they're still part of the line up. Wether they are still being built right now, probably noone can tell for sure here. The focus is def on the v85tt now for guzzi.

Euro 5 is coming on Jan 1st 2020. Every new type of motorcycle needs to be Euro compliable. Beginning Jan 1st 2021, every motorcycle registered for the first time needs to be Euro 5.

I think they'd be having a hard time turning the 1400 engine into an euro5 compliable thing, or the performance will suffer. So my guess is their end is near, by the end of 2020.
    Would be a nice thing though to present a new big block for their 100 years anniversary in 2021

Mark Pintar likes this.
  8. Mark Pintar

Mark Pintar TN Mark

I agree in that I’d love a Centennial Guzzi big block Eldorado Touring in1600 or 1800. Though I have no faith Piaggio would allow one. Especially with the success of the V85, Moto Guzzi now seems destined as a middleweight only contender.

9. anmagu

Naa, i don't think so. Piaggio has 3 brands that are building every type of bike.

Piaggio - scooters
    Aprilia - mainly spirts bikes
    Guzzi - retro stuff (which are cruisers, v7s and retro styled enduros)
    Cruisers are part of guzzis DNA. I'd love to see a more modern cruiser though, big cruiser with a partially water cooled engine f.e.

10. Mark Pintar

Mark Pintar TN Mark

just curious, are you anywhere near Thal in Switzerland? I work for a company based out of their called Sefar.

Anyway, I agree that cruisers and tourers have been part of Moto Guzzi’s DNA for many decades. But I’m not sure the 1400 line has been the success Piaggio envisioned. It appears even the success of the V85 caught them a little off guard. The Moto Guzzi line is still in large part a niche line. Therefore if they ramp up too much for the V85, dealers could have them on their floors for a long time.

11. anmagu

I live 1h 15m by car away from thal. 20 mins north of zurich. Heard the company name before, didn't know that it was worldwide though:).