• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Emergency

When I first saw yours, reaction (besides sympathy ... most of us have "been there") was AF1.

Now that you've done that, unsure if you mean clutch lever (as that often goes in such lowsiders) or, as I presume, the actual shift lever down low, also a frequent casualty of left-side oops.

First, know that I have ridden (and like) V7's, but have not owned or wrenched one.

Second, if you refer to the clutch lever, about the only thing I've had to be careful with on working with those on my own Guzzis is the pesky little "switch ball," smaller than a BB or birdshot, that will escape and hide somewhere you will never find it. Be careful!

As for the shift lever, pretty straight forward comma but.

I recently fiddled with the one on my Norge and found that placement is critical. By that I mean even a ONE spline change at the base greatly affects where the toe pedal sits vis a vis your foot.

Anyone who stayed awake in high-school geometry knows that, of course, but I was too busy staring at Marilyn B's legs ... and, heck, that was a long time ago anyway. ;)

Finally, especially as you live in an ultra-humid climate, you might consider some anti-seize on the splines. I had a devil of a time getting my Norge's to come off, tho it was 10 year's into the inevitable hidden corrosion.

Good luck.

Bill

Fairly basic. Move up or down lever to back out 2 bolts holding foot peg mounting bracket from the frame rail, then you can get to the bolt holding on the foot peg which the lever pivots on. take off nut holding linkage to lever. Put foot peg back through new lever w/orings in place, mount bolt back in the back. Don't forget to lube the peg where the lever pivots. Put it back together like it came apart. You could put a bit of blue loctite on threads of bolts so they don't vibrate loose and snug them up tight.

Well that was easier than i thought, still ned a new clutch lever up to (ball came off the end) but it functions for now. Thinking about the varios in the store, but im gonna wait kind of moving cross country in two weeks.

Back